Sign in to follow this  
FurkanB

Cloud Flashing

Hello to everyone,

I'm experiencing cloud flashing like having storm, i've search google about this problem and couldn't find anything, many topics discussing cloud flickering problem around mountains, my problem is different than this. I applied the SwarmCloud fix, nothing changes, can you help me?  

Addons:
Rex4 Soft Clouds
ActiveSky 16
Orbx Global - Europe - Vector - Threes HD
Fs Global Ultimate Ng Ftx (Terrain)
Pmdg 737 - 777 - FsLabs A320 For Fsx
GSX
FSUIPC Registered

Furkan BASALAN - Nevsehir/Turkey 

Edited by cmpbellsjc
Embedded video

@FurkanB

I edited you post so that the videos were embedded. You need to post videos that way rather than links.

Thanks

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You have two "clouds" programs , Rex4 Soft Clouds and ActiveSky 16 ,maybe they conflicting, try to switch off one and see if this helps.

Jan 

1 hour ago, F70 said:

You have two "clouds" programs , Rex4 Soft Clouds and ActiveSky 16 ,maybe they conflicting

Active Sky 16 is just a weather engine and does not include cloud textures but utilises whatever cloud textures are active in FSX. As such it should work with Rex Soft Clouds, default clouds or any other 'cloud' addon that is installed into FSX. I currently use AS16 with ASCA cloud textures (and Envtex) but in the past I used AS16 with Rex cloud textures and didn't encounter any issues.

One thing that might be worth trying Furkan, if you have not already done so, is go to Options in AS16 and then open Visual fix options and check that the Cloud pop fix option is enabled.  

Hope this helps,

Bill

Edited by scianoir

On 5/16/2020 at 10:16 AM, cmpbellsjc said:

@FurkanB

I edited you post so that the videos were embedded. You need to post videos that way rather than links.

Thanks

Thank you.

On 5/16/2020 at 1:15 PM, scianoir said:

Active Sky 16 is just a weather engine and does not include cloud textures but utilises whatever cloud textures are active in FSX. As such it should work with Rex Soft Clouds, default clouds or any other 'cloud' addon that is installed into FSX. I currently use AS16 with ASCA cloud textures (and Envtex) but in the past I used AS16 with Rex cloud textures and didn't encounter any issues.

One thing that might be worth trying Furkan, if you have not already done so, is go to Options in AS16 and then open Visual fix options and check that the Cloud pop fix option is enabled.  

Hope this helps,

Bill

Bill, that option already checked in activesky settings, thank you.

On 5/16/2020 at 11:34 AM, F70 said:

You have two "clouds" programs , Rex4 Soft Clouds and ActiveSky 16 ,maybe they conflicting, try to switch off one and see if this helps.

Jan 

Jan, i've tried uninstall Rex 4, nothing changes. Thank you for your answer.

If you are unable to get help here, both HiFi (Active Sky) and Rex provide excellent support and it may be worth checking their forums or getting in contact with their support team. Hopefully they should be able to resolve this for you.

Bill

• Like 1

I believe that there was faulty build 7205 of Active Sky 2016  that caused flashing clouds - could that be the version that you have?