Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

B9 Is OUT!

4 hours ago, HumptyDumpty said:

nothing to worry ,  goto your xplane folder X-plane/Output/Preferences/X-plane Screen Res.prf, thats the file you delete and then just load XP that's all

You guys are geniuses. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

6 hours ago, Jude Bradley said:

It's always recommended to delete your perfs file when a new patch or version is released. 

I have a new challenge.

It's still taking twice as long to load and when it does load I'm getting error messages with regards to some of my airports. I don't get any errors with 11.41 because all my libraries are up to date and all my addon airports have been fully tested and work great in 11.41.

Does this mean that some of my installed airports or libraries are not compatible with 11.50?

Is there a way to increase loading times?

This one sucks!

On 5/15/2020 at 2:05 PM, DJJose said:

I read on the blog that vram usage has been improved. I was looking forward to trying B9 next week when my Titan X Pascal arrives, but I will start testing today with my 1070.

It is running sweet on my 8GB 1070.   You're going to see higher FPS and smoother animation, right out of the gate...B9 seems a very stable Beta.

6 hours ago, DJJose said:

I have a new challenge.

It's still taking twice as long to load and when it does load I'm getting error messages with regards to some of my airports. I don't get any errors with 11.41 because all my libraries are up to date and all my addon airports have been fully tested and work great in 11.41.

Does this mean that some of my installed airports or libraries are not compatible with 11.50?

This one sucks!

Jose, I read that with each Beta...they are also make more sensitive the 'pass, or no pass' on scenery content and load in...with more defined 'litmus tests'.   So, the Squawk Guard boxes will come out at cha,... 😉 even more with running B9

9 hours ago, DJJose said:

I have a new challenge.

This one sucks!

I love your mood swings between "wow, this is incredible!" and "Laminar needs to be put on the chair, all of them!" 🤣 Going along on a beta run is not for the faint of heart or easily upset. It is perfectly acceptable to stay on 11.41 until the experts have shaken 11.50 down enough for the general public to use it.

The reason why you see more errors now is that X-Plane 11.50b9+ is more verbose about those - while before it was simply crashing and you would be blissfully unaware of why that is.

If you want to really increase loading times, just put X-Plane on an external USB drive (USB 1.0 would be the best) - that way your loading times could get into the hours!

If you want to make things faster (as most of us do), invest in decent hardware. Like a very fast CPU and a M2 SSD.

If things just take long the first time you load, then this is normal behaviour as the shaders need to be compiled once.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Janov said:

If you want to really increase loading times, just put X-Plane on an external USB drive (USB 1.0 would be the best) - that way your loading times could get into the hours!

Thanks for this useful advice, Jan!

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

5 hours ago, Janov said:

I love your mood swings between "wow, this is incredible!" and "Laminar needs to be put on the chair, all of them!" 🤣 Going along on a beta run is not for the faint of heart or easily upset. It is perfectly acceptable to stay on 11.41 until the experts have shaken 11.50 down enough for the general public to use it.

The reason why you see more errors now is that X-Plane 11.50b9+ is more verbose about those - while before it was simply crashing and you would be blissfully unaware of why that is.

If you want to make things faster (as most of us do), invest in decent hardware. Like a very fast CPU and a M2 SSD.

If things just take long the first time you load, then this is normal behaviour as the shaders need to be compiled once.

Thanks Jan! I meant decrease. It's what happens when I get overly excited!

I managed to DECREASE load times by loading less sceneries and libraries, but I also noticed that loading times did get better the more I loaded the sim. I'm glad I was able to confirm this fact.

Fixed the cloud shodow flickering with the Data Ref Editor plugin.

I was able to get Reshade to load and now 11.50b9 looks almost as good as 11.41. Not there yet!

I'm starting to remove the airports that cause the errors to op up.

What does this error mean?

MACIBM_alert: Custom Scenery/FL_KAPF Naples Airport 3.0 ORBX/

Is this something that LR needs to know about or the add-on developer?

B9 with Vulkan enabled is apparently having trouble with some 3rd party scenery. It loads into the cockpit fine if I start at default scenery. No blurry textures with default. But when starting at an airport in the Orbx TE Washingon scenery I get this error and very blurred ground textures:

There was a problem loading the scenery package:

Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/

The scenery may not look correct. Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.

I'm going to assume Laminar knows about this, rather than clog the error reports.

Edited by Paraffin

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I heard that if you get an error message in the LOG.TXT relating to a third-party code, plugin or sceney go ahead and take it up with the developer of the add-on. He will be able to determine if it is their fault or a genuine X-Plane bug. If it is the latter, they will contact Laminar directly (and most likely with a better analysis of the situation than we users can provide).

Jan

• Upvote 1

On 5/17/2020 at 8:12 AM, Janov said:

Interestingly (well, to me anyway) I have the Beta on a WD Blue M.2 plugged into an external caddy running off my USB 3.1 port. It's actually much much faster than the internal Crucial SSD I use for 11.41, and load times for complex scenery are much better.

1 hour ago, Fizzelle said:

Interestingly (well, to me anyway) I have the Beta on a WD Blue M.2 plugged into an external caddy running off my USB 3.1 port. It's actually much much faster than the internal Crucial SSD I use for 11.41, and load times for complex scenery are much better.

I was making a tongue-in-cheek comment to DJJose´s request to "increase" load times - he actually ment to DECREASE load times, of course 😉Thats why I mentioned the USB 1.0 connection.

I haven´t tried or done the math, it is quite possible that USB 3.1 is pretty fast.

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Janov

54 minutes ago, Janov said:

I was making a tongue-in-cheek comment to DJJose´s request to "increase" load times - he actually ment to DECREASE load times, of course 😉Thats why I mentioned the USB 1.0 connection.

Jan,

After a few hours of testing yesterday, I'm in heaven again with XP 11.50b9. 😀

Titan X Pascal working well with the latest driver.

Jose

11 hours ago, Janov said:

I haven´t tried or done the math, it is quite possible that USB 3.1 is pretty fast.

For a time, my X-Plane installation ran exclusively from a USB 3.1 SSD. Not just the scenery, mind you, but everything. It was okay.

At one point, I got too lazy to plug the drive in and out though and simply bought bigger/faster SSDs for my PCs.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

On 5/16/2020 at 10:17 AM, Jude Bradley said:

It's always recommended to delete your perfs file when a new patch or version is released. 

You can of course do what you want.  But Ben Supnik at Laminar says that should not be necessary. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Randall said:

You can of course do what you want.  But Ben Supnik at Laminar says that should not be necessary. 

Ben says a lot of things most don't work 😆

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus