Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

B9 Is OUT!

On 5/18/2020 at 6:06 AM, DJJose said:

Titan X Pascal working well with the latest driver.

Jose

You replaced your GTX 970 with a Titan X?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

11 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

You replaced your GTX 970 with a Titan X?

Updated the 970 to a 1070 FE about 2 years ago. The 1070 is an awesome card but after testing P3D v5 & Vulkan I decided to get more VRAM. B9 certainly improved the blurry textures with the 1070, but MSI afterburner showed over 6gb of vram and that was too close for comfort. 

I'm also upgrading to 32gb of system ram. More than likely I will upgrade my aging 2600K to a 9600K by the end of the summer. It's going to depend on how XP 11.41 performs and how Vulkan evolves. If my add-ons don't work or I continue to see errors popping up with 11.50, I'm sticking with 11.41 until fs2020 is released.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I'm fairly happy with xp11...I've not upgraded to p3d v5 yet and I don't think I will.  Xp11 is shaping up nicely and my time I've got for Simming and computing in general is slowing way down.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Having FPS in 40s to 50s wiith vulcan has msde Trackir a must, which i have ha since FSX days but only just started using, 27" mointor makes a big diff 2. XP is really showing its true colours, am intrigued as to what else they do that they are not taking abt but its wait and see.

Any ideas/guess when the final release will be?

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

36 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Any ideas/guess when the final release will be?

Anytime from 3 weeks ago to the end of time, but I suspect probably between now and than.

Edited by mjrhealth
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

Anytime from 3 weeks ago to the end of time, but I suspect probably between now and than.

I just hope it'll still be in summer, cause in winter it's colder than outside. 🤦‍♂️

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved