Sign in to follow this  
Tomaz Drnovsek

A few persistent issues with RC4

1. Every time if there is only FSS at the airport when I call FSS I get an answer and it says it may be a few minutes but a few seconds after that RC4 crashes with error code:"RuntimeError 9, RadarContact.fsuipc.rcv4code" and closes. Every airport with only FSS. When I start on a controlled airport and contact delivery or ground RC4 works just fine. I start RC4 as an admin every time, and the .FLT/.WX Path is correct. What could be the issue here?

2. I keep selecting "Weather" for the holding in the general settings but every flight it resets to OFF so I have to switch it every time. Is this by design or is also something wrong here?

3. Is there a way only co-pilot voice is heard when he has the comms but not pilot? The option "Play pilot wavs" either enables or disables both! I use MCE to talk to RC4 ATC but during the flight I often give the radios to co-pilot. Now, if I disable Play pilot wavs then I can't hear co-pilot talking to ATC, only ATC responding. But if I enable it than even when I have control and talk to ATC via microphone, the pilot repeats everything which is of course redundant. I did follow the instructions to make MCE work with RC4 and replaced some pilot and copilot voices and all that but I still hear the pilot with this setting enabled, which is strange. Any thoughts on how to make this specific configuration work?

I can't help with MCE as I don't have it but if you give me the ICAO of an uncontrolled airport I'll see what I get.

You don't say what sim. PLease check you have the most up-to-date versions of FSUIPCn and MakeRunways.

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977-updated-modules/

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I can't help with MCE as I don't have it but if you give me the ICAO of an uncontrolled airport I'll see what I get.

You don't say what sim. PLease check you have the most up-to-date versions of FSUIPCn and MakeRunways.

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977-updated-modules/

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

Sorry, P3D v4.5 HF3.

I tried many uncontrolled airports... for example, LGSK.

Regarding "Play pilot wavs" I'm not asking specifically about MCE. For the sake of the argument, let's forget about MCE. I'd just like to understand how this option works in RC4 and if there's a possibility to turn off only pilot voice and not copilot?

I have the most up-to-date FSUIPC5 and MakeRunways. I didn't switch to v6 yet but this should not be the issue. As I said, everything except FSS works.

I've created a plan from LGSK to LGSV. No waypoints.

On the Controller Info page there are frequencies for Wx, Clearance, Ground etc. There is no UNICOM frequency. That doesn't look like an uncontrolled airfield to me. I suggest you rebuild your RC SCenery DB. You'll probably get the frequencies then as they've come straight from P3D.

Regarding Voices there is a tab for Pilots and another for Co PIlots. When you have the comms the voice you selected from Pilots will be heard. If you hand over comms to your co-pilot it's the co-pilot's who will be heard. Just make sure they're different.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

33 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

On the Controller Info page there are frequencies for Wx, Clearance, Ground etc. There is no UNICOM frequency. That doesn't look like an uncontrolled airfield to me. I suggest you rebuild your RC SCenery DB. You'll probably get the frequencies then as they've come straight from P3D.

That's strange. I redownloaded MakeRunways, I rebuilt RC scenery DB and still the same. I use 29Palms LGSK, not default.

IIRC, you'll need to manually copy over the f4.csv and a4.csv m4.csv files into your RC4 data folder after running MakeRunways--the RC4 "Rebuild Scenery Database" function doesn't bring all of them in.  The f4.csv file, in particular, contains the radio freqs.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

5 minutes ago, w6kd said:

IIRC, you'll need to manually copy over the f4.csv and a4.csv files into your RC4 data folder after running MakeRunways--the RC4 "Rebuild Scenery Database" function doesn't bring all of them in.  The f4.csv file, in particular, contains the radio freqs.

I never knew that. Well, this did the trick! I copied f4.csv to the data folder (couldn't find a4.csv though) and replaced the one that was already there. Now LGSK have all the frequencies.

This was probably the reason for the error.

6 minutes ago, w6kd said:

IIRC, you'll need to manually copy over the f4.csv and a4.csv files into your RC4 data folder after running MakeRunways--the RC4 "Rebuild Scenery Database" function doesn't bring all of them in.  The f4.csv file, in particular, contains the radio freqs.

I run RC4 via WideFS and it prompts me for the folder containing the various files on the P3D PC. Having done that they are copied over to the Data folder. I would have expected the same on a standalone situation.

I see Tomaz has resolved things. Thanks Bob. The a4.csv is probably a5.csv.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

13 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I run RC4 via WideFS and it prompts me for the folder containing the various files on the P3D PC. Having done that they are copied over to the Data folder. I would have expected the same on a standalone situation.

I see Tomaz has resolved things. Thanks Bob. The a4.csv is probably a5.csv.

I run RC4 both ways--networked on my main sim setup, and standalone on my portable system.

OK, I just checked, and Rebuild Scenery Database does bring in the a4 (airports), c4 (callsigns), and r4 (runways) files, but it does not bring in the m4 (airport elevation and transition altitude) and f4 (radio frequencies) files.  So f4.csv and m4.csv are the ones that need to be manually transferred, and f4.csv was the one at issue for Tomaz' problem. 

And yes, I think MakeRunways actually creates a5.csv (named in anticipation of the RC5 that died on the operating table), and the Rebuild Scenery Database function copies it over and renames it to a4.csv.

• Like 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Thanks Bob. Well explained. Also explains why Tomaz didn't get his frequencies updated until he copied the file manually.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

30 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

I can confirm, no more RuntimeError 9, LGSK and some other airports that I previously thought are uncontrolled now have proper frequencies. Thanks!

Very good. 👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather