Sign in to follow this  
Yuval350

UK2000 Gatwick, P3D v5

Hello eveyone😁

I bought Prepar3D v5 a couple of day ago, I also bought Orbx Global base and REX Sky Force 3D.

I mainly fly in Gatwick airport so I wanted to buy scenery of it. I downloaded the demo version of UK2000's Gatwick scenery, All looks well But I have noticed that some of the default building of the airport are still then.

http://prnt.sc/shh9oa You can see there is a building under the Gatwick air bridge.

Cheers

Yuval.

There has been a change in how airports are displayed in P3D v5 and this might be one of the consequences.

Edited by Reader

Try going into your p3d v5 folder, then scenery/0501/scenery...look for a file called OBX47130.bgl.  Change it to read "OBX47130.bgl.off" or just "OBX47130.off" and see if that fixes your issue.  It's not perfect but will get rid of your default buildings at that airport.

Edited by ywg256

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

11 hours ago, MarkW said:

Did you install the UK2000 base install?  This is needed along with the airport and may be the cause of the problem.

Sorry, I'm a little bit of a newbie, I started by Installing the demo and the Installer asked me to download the UK2000 Common Library, I don't think I downloaded any base Install, I'm not sure what that is.

Yuval.

10 hours ago, ywg256 said:

Try going into your p3d v5 folder, then scenery/0501/scenery...look for a file called OBX47130.bgl.  Change it to read "OBX47130.bgl.off" or just "OBX47130.off" and see if that fixes your issue.  It's not perfect but will get rid of your default buildings at that airport.

You said It's not gonna be perfect, why is that?

When Mark refers to the "base install", he will mean the UK2000 Common Library. Have you posted this on the UK2000 forum, Yuval? I thought you had, but I am not able to find it at the moment.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I tried registering on the forum but I got a massage saying that my registration needs to be cleared by an admin.... I tried to do what ywg256 and It works perfectly, not too sure what I acually did but...

I guess I'm gonna buy It soon.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Yuval.

This happens with Jennasoft EGKK also, its a new p3d v5 thing. An exckude us required 

15 hours ago, Yuval350 said:

Hello eveyone😁

I bought Prepar3D v5 a couple of day ago, I also bought Orbx Global base and REX Sky Force 3D.

I mainly fly in Gatwick airport so I wanted to buy scenery of it. I downloaded the demo version of UK2000's Gatwick scenery, All looks well But I have noticed that some of the default building of the airport are still then.

http://prnt.sc/shh9oa You can see there is a building under the Gatwick air bridge.

Cheers

Yuval.

Hi Yuval,

I am not sure the demo version is V5 compatible, I have the full version and the building under the airbridge is not there is V5 with the full version.

Regards

Brian

• Upvote 1

🛩️ Brian Houghton

System: P3D V5.3 HF2, Intel i7-9700K o/c to 4.5Ghz, Nvidia RTX 3080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD, 2x1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, MSI Z390 M/B, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 2133 Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit 21H2,Samsung UHD 43" LED TV, Benq 27" HD monitor.

2nd PC: Networked for atc, charts, and streaming. Intel i7 4790k 4 Ghz, Nvidia GTX 2070 Super, Samsung 970 Evo, 2x sata drives, MSI Z970 M/B, 32Gb G.skills DDR3 Ram, Win 10 Pro 21H2, 2x Benq 27" Monitors

That is probably the case, Brian. Unfortunately, I am not able to test this one as I will not be touching v5 until Lockheed Martin release the proper RTM version!!!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

15 hours ago, ywg256 said:

That's interesting, for future reference, could you please advise how you established that particular file related to that particular airport?

thanks

Ian S

38.jpg