Sign in to follow this  
ridgeandgable

New to MCE looking for advice

Hi Guys

I’ve used voxatc for years since fs 2004, but the support and updates from the developer is dead and I would like to move forward with P3d 5.

Does MCE use voice recognition for Atc? And I don’t mean like say 1, 2 3 for it to use an Atc menu, I’m looking for similar to voxatc with full phrases ie, “channex 23 request startup” etc 

I use AIG for ai And Orbx so would need to work with these too?

Any advice, feedback?

17 hours ago, ridgeandgable said:

Hi Guys

I’ve used voxatc for years since fs 2004, but the support and updates from the developer is dead and I would like to move forward with P3d 5.

Does MCE use voice recognition for Atc? And I don’t mean like say 1, 2 3 for it to use an Atc menu, I’m looking for similar to voxatc with full phrases ie, “channex 23 request startup” etc 

Any advice, feedback?

I'm guessing you want feedback from actual users.

Meanwhile, have a look at this video

<media> 

</media>

18 hours ago, ridgeandgable said:

Any advice, feedback?

after all these years, you are not following the vox forum on avsim ??

for now, cheers

john martin

18 hours ago, ridgeandgable said:

Hi Guys

Any advice, feedback?

So, i´am an actual user of MCE and all i can say, you can´t doing anything wrong by using it.

Yes, it´s using voice recognition with full phrases and it is able to interprete many many different variations of phrases you can use for a single Task. On top of that, even GSX Ground Service can be controled via the voice recognition of MCE. And MCE supports the voice Control vor the native ATC of P3D, PF3 ATC (the successor of ProFlight 2000 ff) and RC4.

And you get a very diligent Copilot who supports you by reading checklists, Talking to atc while you Control the Aircraft, or Control the Aircraft while you Talking to atc,(or flirting with the Purser...) and he follows your orders.

Since i use MCE i can´t even imagine how it would be without it. 

Go for it and try your own, because you can also get the full Version as Trial before buy. So there is Nothing you can loose, rather than the Immersion Feeling if you don´t use it.

Cheers

PS: while think About, that Gerald, the Developer in charge, will be happy About what we user think, i forgot to Mention that the support by him here in this Forum is outstanding. If you have Trouble with MCE, post it here and usually in a couple of Hours you will get a helpfull Reply.👍

Edited by BerndB

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

19 hours ago, ridgeandgable said:

MCE does both options, you can say either 'channex two three, request start up' or any reasonably similar variation of that phrase and it will be recognised, but if the phrase was on the ATC menu, you could just say 'ATC menu 1' if you preferred.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hi Guys

Many thanks for the replys, I've now purchased MCE and all is working great. I knew it interacted with ATC but couldn't see anywhere where it said it allows the speech of the radio instructions in return. So far I'm impressed with it and no issues so far unlike Voxatc. 

The only downside I've picked up on after testing it on the NGXu was, I asked my FO to set speed to 250, but 350 was set, and I asked him to set Alt for 6,000, he set it for 16,000. Now NGXu starts at 100 for speed and 10000 for alt, so FO is adding to these values, is this correct or is there a way to have it read what is already set before moving, or is it simply maths first and work out difference, ie, Speed is set to 100 default, so if I want 250 set, I'd have to ask for 150?

With regards to VADRIVER, 

6 hours ago, vadriver said:

after all these years, you are not following the vox forum on avsim ??

Of course I'm a member of the Vox Support, but Gwyn West no longer updates voxatc and therefore FlyTampa Eham doesn't work with it nor does sloped runways, I don't see the point in supporting a software that hasn't been updated in years and able to work in P3D5 and no has no more updates. To be honest, I loved Voxatc and still do, but moving forward, I like p3d 5, I'm getting better frame rates and true sky etc but the fix to have voxatc working on P3D 5 is to rename folders and edit registry files to trick it, and still EHAM addon working and still no sloped runways. 

My last question to you guys is... Is Native ATC just as good to run with MCE or should I look into PF3? Whats the benefits?

I use AIG so I'm not even sure thats supported with native atc or not, Ive never used native ATC, always been Voxat#

Thanks again for your help :)

30 minutes ago, ridgeandgable said:

The only downside I've picked up on after testing it on the NGXu was, I asked my FO to set speed to 250, but 350 was set, and I asked him to set Alt for 6,000, he set it for 16,000. Now NGXu starts at 100 for speed and 10000 for alt, so FO is adding to these values, is this correct or is there a way to have it read what is already set before moving, or is it simply maths first and work out difference, ie, Speed is set to 100 default, so if I want 250 set, I'd have to ask for 150?

No need to do any math.

MCE should be able to read NGXu data from the sim.

Only thing with PMDG planes in general, load aircraft, wait until aircraft is ready (green bar countdown to zero), then start MCE.

Which MCE version are you running?

Assuming it's one of the latest, there is no more need to run the sim as admin.

Just need to download, unzip and run "InstallMCE".

No files in P3D or FSX folder are touched. Not even "Aircraft.cfg" or "panel.cfg"

Install MCE to default C;\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ folder.

Another thing...don't use the word "to" in dialing commands". Something like "set speed to 250" will be interpreted as "set speed 2 250" and FO will ask you to confirm. You could just say "two five zero".

If Fo starts dialing wrong value, while he's still at it, just say "correction + correct_value".

Example: 

You "set altitude 6 thousand".

Let's assume for some reason Fo picked up 16000 by accident and begins dialing.

While he's doing it, say "correction six thousand" and he should dial the correct value.

Applies to heading and speed as well.

Perfect thanks will try it again, I started MCE first, perhaps it was that

Version number I'm not sure, It was the demo version I downloaded last week, but just bought the serial earlier and put the key file in the folder