Sign in to follow this  
767lover

alpha testers are becoming more vocal

We have had a few leaks, but if you read some of the comments on the latest MSFS youtube vlogs (which are great and informative and do not breach any NDAs), 'alpha testers' are making comments (or replying to comments)

Not sure if these could be the same alpha testers venting though.... IF they even are actual testers.

Eg, check the comments on this nice VLOG, the vlogger even briefly discusses the issue. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 767lover said:

We have had a few leaks, but if you read some of the comments on the latest MSFS youtube vlogs (which are great and informative and do not breach any NDAs), 'alpha testers' are making comments (or replying to comments)

Not sure if these could be the same alpha testers venting though.... IF they even are actual testers.

Eg, check the comments on this nice VLOG, the vlogger even briefly discusses the issue.

There are 189 comments, would you mind copy/paste them,? I just lost 5 minutes trying to find them, I give up 🙂

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 1

I could not spot these comments...

Edit: Ok, I don't know how reliable this one is but one comment is from someone who thinks that it's visually stunning but did not like the flight model(s). He did not think the C172 flies like a C172 and claims having "few hours" in a real C172. Then he mentions that he lost access to the Alpha... Now he made an intro to his comment that has nothing to do with the flight model. He thinks that one can mod XP11 to become like MSFS... Of course I have 0 idea how MSFS planes fly but for this part of the comment, no need to be in the Alpha to say with confidence that, No, no matter how much you mod XP11 or P3D, it will not be in the same league of graphic engine capability...

Edit2: This clearly frustrated "ex-alpha" user can't stop preaching in the comments here and there that it's a game not a sim... 

Edited by Claviateur
  • Like 1

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

47 minutes ago, Claviateur said:

Edit2: This clearly frustrated "ex-alpha" user can't stop preaching in the comments here and there that it's a game not a sim...

Certain people have very very detailed ideas of just what comprises a "real" sim. Stray from those parameters, and you can get not only disappointment, but what amounts to kicking over the chessboard when not happy with the way the game seems to be going.......

We've seen this before, we will see it again.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

And with all due respect and appreciaton to the study level simmers demanding the flightmodel done right, I do wonder sometimes how "accurate" computer flying can be in the first place. For this reason, for me personally, it is the simulation of the environment, including cockpits, that appeals to me most and I am sure this is where MSFS will excell. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Just to clarify: I was just reporting the summarized version of comments. I was not reacting or approving or being worried or anything like that 🙂

• Like 2

Right after environment (scenery, visual effects, sounds, weather), flight model for me is the next most important feature in a flight sim. Hopefully it will be good enough. And ideally improvable by 3rd party devs, if needed.

Edited by Murmur
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

You get these incessant complainers getting invited to participate in the alpha, who want to tell the world that the simulator sucks without even giving Asobo a chance to iron things out. Then there's people like myself and others who genuinely want to help and provide constructive feedback, test the various aspects of the sim and be a useful tester, and we can't get in... 🙂

• Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | Ryzen 9 5900X | MSI MEG X570 ACE | 32 GB DDR4 | Geforce RTX 3080 | Samsung Evo 970 M.2 | Dual 1440p screen | Win 10 Pro

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo Throttle | Thrust master TPR Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

The user in question: CH Drone Photography (https://www.youtube.com/user/stratochief99), aka Cam from CH-Sim (https://www.twitch.tv/hutchsim) should be removed from the FS insider program if not already.

This blatant disregard for the NDA is unbecoming of a private pilot who should know better:

Regarding excitement - "Dont get your hopes up, it isnt that great."

Regarding the scenery - "All they see is how pretty FS2020 is and assume the rest is amazing (which its not)"

Regarding the flight model - "Well none of the other aircraft fly well..."

Regarding download - "about 4-5 hours, and I have fiber..."

Regarding other sims - "Are you an alpha tester? Because addons for P3D and XP11 are infinitely better than the "out of the box" aircraft in this "game". IMHO, this alpha made me appreciate the addon support that XP11 and P3D do have."

Regarding release date - "There is a reason for that....it is riddled with bugs."

Regarding casual players - ""I'm not normally a Flight simulator buff"...then wait until it's on Xbox and get it there. This is exactly the problem with this sim and the people who are giving it way too much credit already. They are marketing it as a realistic sim, but in reality, they are mainly attracting people who have no experience, who just want to look at pretty scenery. We are going to have a whole new generation of FS2020 YouTubers who just expletive off on multiplayer. Its not what flight sim is about. The community is toxic enough already. For those of us flight sim "chads", this is not the sim we were expecting. Not until there is some serious study-level aircraft available to match the visuals."

Regarding 'non simmers' - "You are the target demographic, and that's why some of us who have been in this hobby for 20+ years are a little annoyed with this "game"."

Regarding realism - "Thats the problem, this is a game, not a simulator."

Regarding the C172 - "Dude if you're telling me the 172 in this game flies like a real one then I want to see your airman certificate LOL. This is totally a game, not a simulator."

These are just his comments towards this ONE video, who knows what else is out there. Totally inappropriate for a product still in development.

Edited by viz
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Bernard

I dont care in those comments, do you think MSoBo cannot recreate realistic dynamics of a 172 ? 

It Is Alpha and things merge in a procedure.

Those comments read like the hate campaign directed against Microsoft Flight by the "Serious Simmers."  If you don't fly jet airliners exclusively you can probably discount pretty much everything he's written.

Hook

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Now if we flip the equation and go on the professional side of the discussion about dynamics. I came across this article from October. Maybe you've read it already. I thought it was interesting:

https://www.quora.com/How-will-the-flight-dynamics-of-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-2020-differ-from-FSX-and-differentiate-itself-from-Laminar-Research-s-blade-element-theory

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On this topic I think we really do need to leave it to the real pilots and not the serious simmers with lots of hours on x plane and fsx/p3d... why? Because we’ve been on xplane and esp flight dynamics for years and any change, even if more realistic might seem unrealistic.... I’m sure MS/Asobo made it very clear that they are aiming at a realistic flight experience. 

There’s still time before and after release to perfect this sim!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Murmur said:

Right after environment (scenery, visual effects, sounds, weather), flight model for me is the next most important feature in a flight sim. 

So, just to be clear, the FIFTH most important thing to you in a flight simulator, is how it simulates flight? 🤣

• Like 11

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I have thousands of hours of sim flying and thousands of take offs and landing. I have about 300 hours and about 300 take off and landing in real aircraft. I'd say that real flying is a pretty good approximation of simulated flying but there's room for improvement. Also the real world is probably going to be a better visual representation of MSFS than it is of either P3D or XP11.🙃

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1