Sign in to follow this  
767lover

alpha testers are becoming more vocal

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

With all the resources they have available, they could probably literally run the flight model through a supercomputer to get the proper parameters for a given aircraft.......

Very true, although I don't know if they're actually doing that. I think they're tuning them with test flights and pilot feedback? In any case most 3rd party designers won't have access to supercomputers, so ideally it should be easily tunable by them as well. The real time flight model editor that's been previously hinted at, is promising. Sounds like a very good idea, that XP always failed to implement.

• Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

14 hours ago, Murmur said:

I'm very curious to see how this new MSFS flight model will be implemented and how flexible will it actually be.

I'd be interested to have a feedback from pilots on the turbulent landing in the bilibili Sedona video.

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

4 hours ago, precog said:

Seems pretty realistic.  Here is a video of me flying a similar light plane in turbulent 30kts+ winds coming off the mountain range to the west for comparison.

Haha love it mate! 

On 5/15/2020 at 4:32 PM, HiFlyer said:

Certain people have very very detailed ideas of just what comprises a "real" sim.

For me, if there isn't a drunk guy in first-class hitting on the flight attendant and threatening to sue the airline, it's just a game, not a sim.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, precog said:

Seems pretty realistic.  Here is a video of me flying a similar light plane in turbulent 30kts+ winds coming off the mountain range to the west for comparison.

I think I’d be puking all over the shop sitting in that...

9 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

I'd be interested to have a feedback from pilots on the turbulent landing in the bilibili Sedona video.

I am not a pilot (2 hours only don't count) but my rides in the right seat of C172 and Twin Props were shaky.

But in case a video or screenshot will be relevant to this, I can give feedback about icing conditions in low visibility in mid winter / Canada during an IFR time building flight, while I was in the right seat of a twin prop and with an attitude indicator that decided to fail (because of the ice) and outside was immaculate white because of low visibility.

The pilot told me to look outside my right seat window and be sure the trees are still below 😬

Edited by Claviateur
  • Like 4

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

1 hour ago, Claviateur said:

right seat of C172 and Twin Props

I 'm sorry, but a C172 does not have Twin Props. :ohmy:

huey1177.gif

1 minute ago, jpc55 said:

I 'm sorry, but a C172 does not have Twin Props. :ohmy:

huey1177.gif

Yes it does 😛

3 minutes ago, Claviateur said:

Yes it does 😛

Then I don't know what a C172 is. I took it to mean Cessna 172? :huh:

huey1177.gif

Edited by jpc55

3 minutes ago, jpc55 said:

Then I don't know what a C172 is. I took it to mean Cessna 172? :huh:

huey1177.gif

It is not any C172, look at the Reg number 😛

ENMZzd3.jpg

1 hour ago, Claviateur said:

C172 and Twin Props

Please explain. :mellow:

huey1177.gif

2 minutes ago, jpc55 said:

Please explain. :mellow:

huey1177.gif

I flew in the right seat of C172 and I also flew in the right seat of twin engines like the Piper PA-34 Seneca