Sign in to follow this  
ducaud

Bad screen tearing in P3d V4.5

Hello, I have been having screen tearing and micro stutters constantly when panning at airports or just watching AI traffic.

I have an I7-4790k with 32 GB of RAM, I have GE Force 1080TI card with 11 GB of Ram

I only have SSD’s no hard disks.

I have three 32 inch 2K View sonic Monitors stretch with surround for the view outside. I don’t run any panels on the system.

All my avionics are on separate PC connected via Prosim737.

In Nvidea Panel I have set my three monitors from the native 60 hz to 30 hz. I have read here that is better. I have set my frame rate to unlimited in P3DV4.5.

My FPS are always between 29 and 31 FPS. In the air while flying it is very smooth. If I go to the outside view and pan around the aircraft I get tearing on the aircraft and clouds.

I have a video attached, even though it does not look as bad as when looking at the screens check the control tower, where the tearing is clearly seen.

As you can see neither my CPU not my GPU are operating at max.

I have HT disabled my Core 0 id roughly less than 50% , the other three cores at between 5 and 10%

CPU Usage for all cores is 13%

GPU usage is 26 % at 1557 Mhz.

My FPS do not go below 29 but still the tearing and micro stutters are really bad. Once I am flying is not noticeable except when panning outside.

Does anybody know what could be causing this?

Regards

Juan

Try enabling vsync to eliminate the tearing.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Or simply try setting P3D's internal frame rate limiter to 30 FPS to match the monitor's frequency.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Vsync gives the better result - imho.

Running Windows 10?

Game mode off?

These links helpful?

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/demystifying-full-screen-optimizations/

https://winaero.com/blog/disable-fullscreen-optimizations-windows-10/

Cheers

Edited by Rogen
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Thank you for your replies guys.

I am running Windows 7-64,  I have a Vsync on with triple buffering already. 

Your advice Dylan was good, setting the frame rate inside P3D helped reduced most of the tearing. 

I do have a bad micro stuttering. What I just found out is, that if I am facing an object like the tower on the first video.

Then if I slew left and right of the tower the movement is completely smooth. When I repeat the same but now I am panning left and right the whole movement is like tiny micro stutters.

Regards

Juan

9 hours ago, Rogen said:

Vsync gives the better result - imho.

Running Windows 10?

Game mode off?

These links helpful?

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/demystifying-full-screen-optimizations/

https://winaero.com/blog/disable-fullscreen-optimizations-windows-10/

Cheers

Why game mode off? Surely it’s better to have it on? 

16 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Why game mode off? Surely it’s better to have it on? 

No one knows when Windows 10 Game Mode is working or not!  Not even Microsoft knows (they won't release a list of games it works with).  At best, it can be called a placebo.  Best solution is to manually optomize the hardware and OS to offer the best possible performance.

Cheers,

Greg