Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

Just Flight Traffic Global poor FPS

Hello:

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 1909 with P3Dv4.5 with latest HF.

I have all the "goodies" ORBX, AS, REX EF, etc.

I notice when I use TG, I get extremely poor FPS...I loose almost 15-20 frames.

I am using the latest TG build. Not sure if this happens with any traffic AI or just TG.

I've asked for help on their forums but as expected, crickets.  Anybody having this issue?  Any suggested fixes?  I've just turned it off for now.

Thanks.

Edited by Dreamflight767

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

What are your system specs? You should expect some hit depending on your system and how many aircraft are in the bubble around you.

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

5 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

What are your system specs? You should expect some hit depending on your system and how many aircraft are in the bubble around you.

i7-7700K, Z270H Gaming, 32GB RAM, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, GTX 1080 Ti, 1x SSD 480GB, 2x SSD 1TB Samsung 850 EVO, H20: 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler, Windows 10 x64 Pro.

Thanks.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Just Flight Traffic Global is among the worst program investments I have ever done; have waited around than 2 years and still not complete.
Downloaded the latest version; it won´t even compile for P3D v4 let alone v5.
This pre-release is like Fool me Once.......Never again.

I'm using MyTraffic 2013, and although plane models are dated it works fine in P3D v5.
Did the freeware thing years ago, and although AIG seems very stable and good, nowadays I want a traffic generator with a click to install once. Don-t need super realistic up to date carriers and routes, all I want is traffic.

Do you mean at night? I also had it on V4, in the latest version they changed the dynamic lighting and at night it eats FPS. I then asked them for a earlier version, they send it to me and all problems solved.

1 hour ago, RamonB said:

Just Flight Traffic Global is among the worst program investments I have ever done; have waited around than 2 years and still not complete.
Downloaded the latest version; it won´t even compile for P3D v4 let alone v5.
This pre-release is like Fool me Once.......Never again.

I'm using MyTraffic 2013, and although plane models are dated it works fine in P3D v5.
Did the freeware thing years ago, and although AIG seems very stable and good, nowadays I want a traffic generator with a click to install once. Don-t need super realistic up to date carriers and routes, all I want is traffic.

How did you get My Traffic working? 

Gr.

Robert

Yea, I regret buying it too.

Aaron Ortega

1 hour ago, rob0203 said:

How did you get My Traffic working? 

I added it using the add.on.xml method, since P3D v4, it is very easy.
Its late and I have to do remote  work tomorrow.
Send me a PM and I'll walk You through.

Sure TG sucks, not nearly as much as MyT does this day and age however, but they do work and shouldn't cause major drops in FPS. The best bet BY FAR is to use AIG's freeware AI Manager.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Hi !

how did you do for TG working in P3Dv5 ?

for me impossible to compile anything

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

16 minutes ago, supersym said:

Hi !

how did you do for TG working in P3Dv5 ?

for me impossible to compile anything

It took some doing V5 is very picky about adding scenery and other things, I would not recommend it TG compiler for V5 will not work don't even try, it will hang task manager will show this, I have Task Manager pinned to my task bar so I can check in sim or on shutdown of any program, 

The traffic you see is from 4.5.

PS sideloading into V5 risks CTD if it goes wrong and possible re-install.

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

That's  what I guess 😉

I switched on UTL 😄

I've the both...

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

JF are working on TG V5 patch they had to pull it when LM applied the HF to V5. they are working on Cargo compiler and some of the plans no longer report unknown airport as LM have included some new ones VTBS for example TG has plans for that.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Getting Traffic Global to work in v5 is actually very simple. If you have it installed for v4 then copy the  TrafficGlobal folder from Documents/Prepar3d v4 Add-ons to the v5 Add-ons folder and edit the add-on.xml to point towards the v5 Add-ons folder. P3D v5 should then ask for permission to activate Traffic Global next time you start.

There is definitely a frame rate hit with this programme, but it gets the job done if you keep the traffic levels at an appropriate setting for your system.