Sign in to follow this  
RW1

FS Global Ultimate 2020 Mesh

I`ve just bought this mesh, i have a significant problem with what seems like a bow wake or mesh morphing in front and to the side as i fly along(VFR low and slow) my settings are 5mtr in p3d settings and i`ve not moved the scenery order from the default insertion point! Seems like an expensive mistake buying this. Anyone have some tips on how to eliminate this annoying behavior, if i untick the mesh using LORBYS scenery tool the morphing goes away.

Cheers Rick

tpewpb-6.png

There have been numerous discussions on measures against morphing in mountain regions using HD meshs. The plain and simple result was: There are none.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Here is bigger tepic. Check it:

better mesh = more problems.

Its very visible in mountains. FSGU NG2020 look nice but still this issue is present of pop uping. I havnet idea how to solve it. LOD Radius = only textures and no more than 6.5000 in P3D.

Im affraid you must live with this pop up....

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Thanks everyone, sure seems i made a huge financial error here, i`m not sure why FSpilots would hype it up as NG Mesh when surely they must have had an idea of the bow wave effect it`s causing in v5, I`ll sit on it and see what evolves from LM. The Default LC and Mesh is ok to a point(pun intended) although areas need defining in places where LM have neglected to refine. Anyway i`ll mark this as a never again buy.

Cheers Rick

tpewpb-6.png

The issue of mesh morphing is similar to the issue of "the blurries". Terrain mesh is progressive. This means that a mesh BGL file has multiple levels of detail and the sim always displays the LODs progressively. If one sets their IQ settings too high, then the hardware can't keep up. First, one sees LOD 10 mesh (38.2 m resolution) and then the LOD 11 mesh  (if present) is drawn on top of it and so on. The morphing is more obvious in areas with steep slopes, where the visual differences between LODs is the greatest. 

If you want LOD 15 mesh (1.0 m resolution) to display properly in mountainous areas, then either buy new hardware or turn down your IQ settings.

Edited by jabloomf1230

14 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The issue of mesh morphing is similar to the issue of "the blurries". Terrain mesh is progressive. This means that a mesh BGL file has multiple levels of detail and the sim always displays the LODs progressively. If one sets their IQ settings too high, then the hardware can't keep up. First, one sees LOD 10 mesh (38.2 m resolution) and then the LOD 11 mesh  (if present) is drawn on top of it and so on. The morphing is more obvious in areas with steep slopes, where the visual differences between LODs is the greatest. 

If you want LOD 15 mesh (1.0 m resolution) to display properly in mountainous areas, then either buy new hardware or turn down your IQ settings.

Thanks for that. My hardware is fine($6k AU spent last year) So i`m running the mesh at the recommended resolution of 5mtrs for ORBX! So you refer to IQ settings, Could you elaborate! I`ve never experienced this in previous versions, i don`t have any blurries or VRAM issues. I`ll play some more with the settings.

tpewpb-6.png

17 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Hardware has nothing with this, sorry but you are wrong. It gives only speed of morphing, nothing more (its present still). This pop up is connected in P3D with level of radius around user object which isnt modified.

• Like 2

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Also check that you do not have multiple mesh files for the same area. ORBX areas often has their own mesh for their areas and they may be fighting each other, they often has mesh in the name. I am not saying it will solve the problem but it may contribute. 

• Upvote 1

Johan Pienaar

2 hours ago, YoYo said:

Hardware has nothing with this, sorry but you are wrong. It gives only speed of morphing, nothing more (its present still). This pop up is connected in P3D with level of radius around user object which isnt modified.

You are completely right.

I have done systematic tests in one of then earlier versions of Prepar3d in the hope to get rid of ground morphing over hills when using HD mesh (Pilot's Ultimate at that time). I think I tried pretty much any sliders in the hope to relief the CPU and/or GPU. It didn't change a iota.

I've switched machines since, so you might expect the new machine (guess, it has better performance) would get rid of that "feature". Didn't help as well.

There are some aspects of Prepar3d (like blurries) which can be ameliorated by brute force, but others (like ground morphing, autogen loading in patches with distance higher than medium, or floating houses) are inherent to the engine. The sad story is no one from LM even cares to make a statement on this.

Of course there are always people who never saw these aspects, and I believe them. If you fly airliners exclusively, take off from the usually flat major airports, fly for a few hours over clouds and are busy with the instruments on approach there is little chance you will see morphing terrain or patchy autogen. I fly VFR at an altitude of 3000 ft and find all those aspects pretty disturbing.

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb
  • Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I`ve managed to relieved the proximity of the morhing to an acceptable level which is further away from my immediate view and much less prominent! Moving the mesh slider down a notch did the trick, but i fear i`m losing out on the lod! I have spent some time looking at the area around LOWI and disabled some FS global files suggested by Jarrad from ORBX. I`ll keep pushing on> 

Cheers Rick

tpewpb-6.png