Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Aerosoft PANC, no suitable parking for PMDG 747 with GSX

Does anyone know which gate works with GSX ground services for the PMDG 747? I tried Gate for which shows up as supporting HEAVY but once I park there and try to activate GSX it says this parking is too small.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Just change the aircraft parking size in GSX to the largest. Apply and there's your spot.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

34 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Does anyone know which gate works with GSX ground services for the PMDG 747? I tried Gate for which shows up as supporting HEAVY but once I park there and try to activate GSX it says this parking is too small.

Do what @IanHarrison suggested. I’d suggest you also read the full manual that comes with GSX so that you can take advantage of all the editing features it has in case other issue pop up.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks, I figured it out.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

On 5/16/2020 at 8:30 AM, IanHarrison said:

Just change the aircraft parking size in GSX to the largest. Apply and there's your spot.

Much as your suggestion is ideal, unfortunately it seems stupid GSX does not pay ball!!!😡P3D offers E 10 Ramp Cargo Parking, but stupid GSX thinks it is still at Lake Hood despite removing the Lake Hood bgl, and when selecting the drop-down GSX Menu to select a different parking spot, surprise, surprise, GSX does not have one 'suitable'.

On 5/16/2020 at 9:11 AM, captain420 said:

Thanks, I figured it out.

Would love to hear how.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vc10man said:

Would love to hear how.

I followed what it said in the GSX manual. I believe it was page 26. You have to edit the CouatlAddons.ini file and add this entry so it doesn't detect airports/helipads that are very close to your main airport. GSX gets confused on which one to use if this is the case so you have to exclude it by adding this line under the [gsx] section:

airport_visibility_z41 = 0

10 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I followed what it said in the GSX manual. I believe it was page 26. You have to edit the CouatlAddons.ini file and add this entry so it doesn't detect airports/helipads that are very close to your main airport. GSX gets confused on which one to use if this is the case so you have to exclude it by adding this line under the [gsx] section:

airport_visibility_z41 = 0

Thanks for that,Aaron,as it is so irksome that I am parked outside the freight terminal in the UPS 747-8i,yet cannot get GSX to play ball.

• Like 1

Yes I was also annoyed by that, but I'm glad there was an easy fix for it. Hope it works for you as well. 🙂

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

CouatlAddons.ini file

Read pg 26, but where do I locate this file?

C:\%appdata%\Roaming\virtuali\CouatlAddons.ini

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, captain420 said:

C:\%appdata%\Roaming\virtuali\CouatlAddons.ini

You just beat me to it, Aaron by milli-seconds as I found it. Thanks. So, I just add that entry of yours, and Voila! no more silly GSX nonsense saying I am at Lake Hood when it's clear as daylight I am at an airport, a major one at that, not some silly stupid seaplane base😡It's things like this that xxxs me off FSDT/GSX. I do wish UCGX would up their game and do the complete package then I can kick GSX where it belongs

• Like 1

Glad it worked for you! 🙂