Hello folks,

I am not terribly computer savvy, so have a question about whether Pollypot or FSUIC is a better choice for me to use in setting up a set (11 of) Goflight modules (no MCP) for use with fresh installs of both Prepar3d (v4,5) and Win 10?

I am likely to use mostly GA aircraft along with a business jet or two -- no heavy metal.

Thank you,

Brian

Edited by brianVancouver

Hi Brian,

The big advantage of PollyPot's GIT is if you have the PMDG737 as the MCP is fully programmed. If you don't it's less critical but still allows you to program switches which otherwise would not be possible.

For example, I have programmed the T8 switches to operate the Carenado PC-12 battery, AV Bus switches and Avionics. Otherwise you have to use the mouse and your expensive GoFlight modules lie dormant.

The programming side is quite complicated but there is a video which helps. I believe Steve is working on a new interface which may be easier to use.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thank you Ray.  Thats right on point and very helpful.  It seems that the added initial effort in going with Pollypot is worthwhile.

Do you have a sense of the timing for the new user interface?

Best regards,

Brian

Vancouver

Hi Brian,

There is quite a learning curve but once you understand how the Detective works it's not too bad. No idea when it will be available, sorry.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Brian, you can program many buttons and switches with FSUIPC. The downside is the LED won't illuminate which is why Pollypot is better as the light can be programmed.

I use FSUIPC for throttle quadrant and yoke buttons but for GoFlight Pollypot is the best.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Ray,

My next question was going to be whether it is okay to use both FSUIC and Pollypot, since my initial reading was that Pollypot is not a useful solution for the quadrant (not using PMDG).  I will go with your approach.

Any chance you know if I should be using FSUIC for the yoke (Precision flight controls, Cirrus jetliner) and pfc pedals?  These with windows 10 home.

Again, many thanks for your advice,

Regards,

Brian

Hi Brian,

FSUIPC is far better than going with the default controller calibration. I’ve been using it for years with far less quality kit than yours.

There’s a bit of work setting it up but the results should make the effort worthwhile. Happy to answer any questions you may have.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'll take your advice.  Thank you Ray,

Regards,

Brian

Pollypot GoFlight Interface Tool is a great piece of software and indispensable IMHO if you have GoFlight gear.  Steve provides great support too if you run into issues.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I spent some hours yesterday obtaining an extremely sore head [ banging on walls ].  My latest issue of the pollypot software for P3D, seems unable to discover, much less permit functionally, of all of my GF modules, so I will be following this thread in case a "Eureka" moment is discovered.  I was trying to set up for P3D V5 first, but eventually started again with P3D V4.  I also have the "other sim" but have not even tried with that yet.  OW, my head hurts 😞 Regards.

M.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

@Paladin, have you copied and pasted the v4 GoFlight entries in DLL.XML and EXE.XML into the v5 area?

You should post on the Pollypot forum. This is not a support forum.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks to all again.  I will go forward with both FSUIC and Pollypot,

Regards,

Brian