Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

It seems Microsoft just played their subscription game hand.

Was released on May 15th, 2020 to Insider's...

"Microsoft Flight Simulator is coming to Windows 10 with Xbox Game Pass..."

You will find above in the Q & A section of the Insider Login.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okeedokey...$15.00 for full Game Box, or $9.99 per month, to fly through MSFS2020 skies...  

My prediction...P3Dv5 will start flying off the shelves now....over the next few weeks...   Some people will not want to budget in $120.00 per year, to get past the Flash Screen.   Some will...a lot won't...OK...back to P3D 'stuff'...:)

I always had a doubt that this would be a 'you buy one time'...as they have to maintain bandwidth and other hard costs...welcome to the 'new normal'....

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

Just because it will be on game pass like we always knew it would be, does not mean you won’t be able to buy it outright. Every game on game pass can be bought outright. It’s almost like people are purposely ignoring the facts so that they can dump on a yet to be released title.

• Like 47
  • Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

Just because it will be on game pass like we always knew it would be, does not mean you won’t be able to buy it outright. Every game on game pass can be bought outright. It’s almost like people are purposely ignoring the facts so that they can dump on a yet to be released title.

What dumping?  Nothing was SAID in the release, about the opportunity to BUY IT OUTRIGHT, as an alternative usage option...it was ONLY about subscription....

Enough said...we'll all see upon RTM.  At that time, it will be clear to all...

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Then why are you casting doubt on the fact that you can buy it outright? If you want to buy it and not subscribe to game pass then you can.

• Like 25
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

Then why are you casting doubt on the fact that you can buy it outright? If you want to buy it and not subscribe to game pass then you can.

Not casting doubt...it is Microsoft's information channel...and they published the format of usage as of May 15/2020.  Nobody else....:)  Monthly subscription was the vector to 'final'...lol!

Edited by Sesquashtoo

2 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

... If you want to buy it and not subscribe to game pass then you can.

source?

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

So the question is what will be the price for a license.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

1 minute ago, kaha said:

So the question is what will be the price for a license.

Karl

It was stated $15.00 for a full game pass, and $9.99 (sawbuck) for fly the MS skies...per month.

I mean...the tech and work behind the offering...is simply amazing...and really...they weren't going to give it away for a one time $69.00 payment.   Just my P.O. of course...but, I didn't raise any eyebrows at this announcement. Nope.

Edited by Sesquashtoo

I wonder why people are talking about the price now. 200 to buy, 10 a month to rent, 20? Who cares as long as you can't even see anything close to a "final" product. In flight simming we have seen so many empty promises over the years that it's better to hold your breath. This is like the mirror to dev's standard answer "it will be ready when it's ready". I say "I may pay for if it's ready and if I like it".

• Like 6

Hans

This was known from the beginning, all MS games are going to be both on GamePass and sold at full price.

• Upvote 1

There's NO game in Game Pass that can't be bought out of it. Zero. Why some people want at all costs Flight simulator to be the first one I really can't understand.

• Upvote 6

MSI Tomahawk B550, Ryzen 5800X3D, Gigabyte RTX 4070 Gaming OC, LG Ultragear 27GP850P, 32GB DDR4 RAM, ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280

Just now, Kaan KASIM said:

This was known from the beginning, all MS games are going to be both on GamePass and sold at full price.

The definitive 'final say' will be on the day of release....for any announcements can be rescinded at any time up until that day...so...we fly what we have...and wait and see, on RTM. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Korundar said:

There's NO game in Game Pass that can't be bought out of it. Zero. Why some people want at all costs Flight simulator to be the first one I really can't understand.

That was my understanding as well...

The six phases of a project:

1. Enthusiasm

2. Disillusionment

3. Panic

4. Search for the guilty

5. Punishment of the innocent

6. Praise and honors for the non-participants

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1