Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

It seems Microsoft just played their subscription game hand.

I was told sub rosa that anybody buying FS20 without a subscription will have a watermark on the top right of the screen saying « GAME » which will be only be erased by subscribing to the XBox Pass for 14 months that is to say paying 140 dollars/euros on top of the initial 60 dollars/euros initial price bringing the total price to 200 dollars/euros. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

32 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Honestly, it is not very wise to read something that could be made-up (this is far from being the first case of blatant misinformation), and then posting it as a definite fact.

Exactly! Confirms once again that I made the correct decision when I put the OP on the ignore list a while back.

• Like 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Perosnallly, I am sorry but I find this type of post fairly pointless. (although I am responding and posting so take that as you will)

It really doesn't matter what type of purchase arrangements MS put in place, each of us will look at the different purchase models and decide whether we want to pay it.

If it's £60 i'm in! If it's £60 and £10per month, I'm still in. £100 yes, £150 might need to work on some extra projects. A monthly subscription model isn't really that big of a deal anyway. A large proportion of us pay for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Spotify etc. I happily pay for those why not the same with MSFS? Game Pass has other benefits too with regard other titles so well worth the thought.

I've seen enough of the development footage and screenshots to make my purchasing decision.

What it comes down to now is getting the PC to run it at the level I am happy and saving where I need too to afford it.

• Like 4

Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

Discord Username: CaptMatto#7935

What is it with people just making random stuff up these days and not even doing basic research before posting. 

• Like 3

XBox Games Pass for PC is actually a steal right now. In the UK, £3.99/mo for access to several games I wanted, included MSFS when it is released.

If you play 3 or more games from it in a year, you've saved some cash. Plus, it's great to try out games that I wouldn't otherwise.

So, I might be on my own in saying this, but I'm really pleased that MSFS will be available as part of XBox Games Pass.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I was told sub rosa that anybody buying FS20 without a subscription will have a watermark on the top right of the screen saying « GAME » which will be only be erased by subscribing to the XBox Pass for 14 months that is to say paying 140 dollars/euros on top of the initial 60 dollars/euros initial price bringing the total price to 200 dollars/euros. 

😆

If they released two versions "MSFS Game Edition" and "MSFS Simulator Edition", with no differences other than the logo, you'd have people praising the superior flight model of later.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Another useless topic on something people didn't yet understand? Okay.. I'll try explaining again how the Gamepass works currently.
You have two options with it.

1) Xbox app (which you can already download and check for yourself by the way) offers you to buy a game. Just like Steam, Origin, Epic Games Store, GoG offers.

2) You get the Gamepass, you get unlimited access to lots of games for the duration of the subscription. While the subscription is running you also get a 20% discount on the purchase of a game (which will be yours forever) and a 5% discount on DLCs.

Edited by Pastaiolo
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

27 minutes ago, Pastaiolo said:

Another useless topic on something people didn't yet understand? 

Quite correct.. The best post so far.. 5 pages of Nothing New!!

What is FS20?

I googled it & got links to the 'Best' Farming Simulator! That's in the Play Store, not in GameBox.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

12 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Was released on May 15th, 2020 to Insider's...

"Microsoft Flight Simulator is coming to Windows 10 with Xbox Game Pass..."

You will find above in the Q & A section of the Insider Login.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okeedokey...$15.00 for full Game Box, or $9.99 per month, to fly through MSFS2020 skies...  

My prediction...P3Dv5 will start flying off the shelves now....over the next few weeks...   Some people will not want to budget in $120.00 per year, to get past the Flash Screen.   Some will...a lot won't...OK...back to P3D 'stuff'...:)

I always had a doubt that this would be a 'you buy one time'...as they have to maintain bandwidth and other hard costs...welcome to the 'new normal'....

Why again??? MS/Asobo clearly declared, that you may buy one-time MSFS or subscribe to Xbox game pass, if you want acces to more of 100 games include MSFS. But if you want only MSFS, still is possible one-time purchase, like every game in Xbox Game pass. I don't understand, why someone still must speculate about this. MSFS isn't something special and there isn't any reason, why there should be another purchase model, than other games in Xbox game pass... And don't remeber, that MSFS (like other flight simulators) will be not the most favorit game from others AAA titles. Why should MSFS have an exception from standard purchase possibilities?

12 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Enough said...we'll all see upon RTM.  At that time, it will be clear to all...

Good that you started a topic then... 😕

Besides, this was discussed over and over again already.

• Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

If MSFS2020 will be available for purchase with no subscription where will the content come from then? For sure there will not be any content streaming for free. Same add-on model then as with P3D? 

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

1 minute ago, kaha said:

If MSFS2020 will be available for purchase with no subscription where will the content come from then? For sure there will not be any content streaming for free. Same add-on model then as with P3D? 

Karl

What do you mean? Of course the add-on model will be the same. Or what do you think, that you'll get the FSLabs Airbus included in a subscription? 😄

• Like 1

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

Is it known (from official sources) if there exists a subscription option for FS20 only? Meaning valid only for FS20, not also for other games like e.g. Game Pass.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

1 minute ago, Murmur said:

Is it known (from official sources) if there exists a subscription option for FS20 only? Meaning valid only for FS20, not also for other games like e.g. Game Pass.

Don't think so. People are just going mad over the uncertainty. 😄

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

5 hours ago, jaytee73 said:

As user of Game pass I am very familiar with MS subscriptions - but mine is on X Box X - so here's my 2 cents worth - especially for those of you who only have a mid range PC - like me.

It's no secret that I have been spruking the X BOX series X  for some time now - especially as the spec is equal or better Than 

and a whole lot less expensive - to what it would cost to build a computer to handle this new sim - and as laid down by MS themselves

$A 5000 - as opposed to $A750 - (which is $A100 more than the last X BOX on release)

Most sane comment on this whole thread ...!

I'm also thinking along your lines that the cheapest PC "upgrade" by far is to simply buy a new Xbox Series X

Whether you lay that cash down upfront (and save a bundle by doing so), or choose to pay it off over 2 years (effectively paying more than 2x the cash price!) is a moot point that will depend on your available cash-flow, and personal preferences on how you handle your budget.  Nothing new here - exact same EXISTING dilemma as obtaining a cellphone.  Cash? or Credit?  If you have the ready cash, the wise answer is simple.   And if you don't, the alternative becomes practical - provided the expense is a FEASIBLE and NECESSARY priority (big "IF" here!) -  and NOT yet another superfluous "want" being foolishly added to an already stinking pile of over-burdened debt. 

But I digress ...

My REAL question here is ...

Could I buy the new Series X Game Box, and use that new device SOLELY as my new "windows PC" ie could I run normal programmes like MS Word, Excel, Blender, 3DS Max, SolidWorks directly on this machine???

I accept that by buying a Series X machine, I would be locking myself into a machine that cannot be upgraded from a hardware point of view. 

But from my point of view, given the prices that the new graphics cards will be costing anyway, it still seems the better deal is to just ditch one's existing PC (I've an old Dell 2710 - which is not upgradeable anyway), and buy a Series X, and be done with upgrades for the next 2 years. I see also the subscription option for buying a Series X includes upgrading to new and better machine after 14 months.

There's LOTS of speculation that the Series X might even come in at the $400-$500.  So even better.  But even at $700 this issue doesn't change.

If somebody can answer this question of whether the new Series X could effectively replace a PC, with some technical insight, that would be a real service to the technically illiterate like me! 

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person with this question ...