Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

It seems Microsoft just played their subscription game hand.

5 hours ago, shawty1984 said:

What is it with people just making random stuff up these days and not even doing basic research before posting. 

It wasn't random, or made up...but a posting in the P3D forum of passing on, what I have READ, gleaned from another's thread. I never stated that I had personally accessed that information.  Believe what you will though. I thought in the P3D forum...as a reference to the uptake of P3D v5...that this could influence an uptake. I did not expect this to appear in this forum.  That was not my doing...or my request. Thanks.

17 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Was released on May 15th, 2020 to Insider's...

"Microsoft Flight Simulator is coming to Windows 10 with Xbox Game Pass..."

You will find above in the Q & A section of the Insider Login.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okeedokey...$15.00 for full Game Box, or $9.99 per month, to fly through MSFS2020 skies...  

My prediction...P3Dv5 will start flying off the shelves now....over the next few weeks...   Some people will not want to budget in $120.00 per year, to get past the Flash Screen.   Some will...a lot won't...OK...back to P3D 'stuff'...:)

I always had a doubt that this would be a 'you buy one time'...as they have to maintain bandwidth and other hard costs...welcome to the 'new normal'....

Oh what a surprise, another post about someone not understanding what gamepass is...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mgard78 said:

Oh what a surprise, another post about someone not understanding what gamepass is...

Right...I have no experience with it...and as Rob suggested...M.S. should make a clear, published official, public statement on how exactly the procurement of their flight sim will be had by...in STONE.  Right...let M.S. put all speculation to rest.  Not yet, though...just statements on interviews...that has no official backing of any kind...but a viewpoint to date of interview.  My thoughts....

15 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Yes it has, and I like many others that see the Game Pass information from an official MS website and have never purchased anything from the MS Store or ever used Game Pass (like myself) would NOT know that a game can be purchased separately nor what, if anything, that means on actual content and access to DLC?  

Someone from Microsoft contacted me via PM to tell me a game pass was NOT required in order to get access to streaming data.  I took a screenshot just in case.

You are correct, there are several articles on NON-OFFICIAL Microsoft websites saying a subscription will not be required ... but again NOT on an official MS website.  So I suggest and have recommended to the person at MS that contacted me to provide OFFICIAL information on a Microsoft website so that this question/concern doesn't keep coming back "online" every week.  That sadly has NOT happened yet which just feeds the speculation ... since someone here pointed MS my way, then hopefully that same "someone" will step up and get MS to put this information on a public MS owned and operated web site ... it really is that simple, 3 minute web page update, speculation ended, everyone happy.

Cheers, Rob.

I have never used redbox in my life, yet I know I don't need to go through them to buy a movie...

Also, you know,  google...

Not really sure why they would need to go out and clarify something that needs no clarification... It is exactly the same for any game they develop  first time in my life in any gaming forum I have ever seen someone even think about asking this...

Edited by Mgard78

1 minute ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Right...I have no experience with it...and as Rob suggested...M.S. should make a clear, published official, public statement on how exactly the procurement of their flight sim will be had by...in STONE.  Right...let M.S. put all speculation to rest.  Not yet, though...just statements on interviews...that has no official backing of any kind...but a viewpoint to date of interview.  My thoughts....

If you have no experience with it, why do you make false assumptions about something you don't know?

There is no speculation, only someone creating posts with nonsense about something they are uninformed about. 

Even  though this has been clearly pointed out (and also to you) on MANY occasions (that I have Personally read myself), let's break it down again for you...

1) Video games have been created since the 70s for home use...

2) They have been sold in physical format since then (cartridge, tape, disk, CD/DV/DB)

3) At a certain point in time they were also offered digitally, you download and install over this wonderful thing called "the Internet"

4) At a more recent point, Microsoft said: "Hey, you know all those games you can BUY from stores? How about this, we'll let you download and play any game you want from this huge catalog, as many as you want,  and you just pay $10 (or whatever) a month. This is a service we call Gamepass"

5) Recently, MS said: "You know that flight sim we're developing? Yeah, that will be Included in the Gamepass catalog too" (as are all MS first party titles). 

Hope that helps to stop the nonesense spreading...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

It wasn't random, or made up...but a posting in the P3D forum of passing on, what I have READ, gleaned from another's thread. I never stated that I had personally accessed that information.  Believe what you will though. I thought in the P3D forum...as a reference to the uptake of P3D v5...that this could influence an uptake. I did not expect this to appear in this forum.  That was not my doing...or my request. Thanks.

With all due respect you're just talking nonsense. Everyone is bored of this topic always coming up. Go and research what Gamepass is then you'll get your answer. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

They dont owe you or anyone anything. Why do you expect Microsoft should come out and explain how every single game they publish/make and tell everyone well in advance on how they are going to sell it. If you had researched before jumping to conclusions you would understand how gamepass works. 

Just wait for the exact polar opposite (and hyperbolic) posts from the same user once the sim releases...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DylanM said:

Just wait for the exact polar opposite (and hyperbolic) posts from the same user once the sim releases...

Wow...never thought I would see this on Avsim...never.  Ok...I've seen/read  enough..

Seems like this is becoming a very expensive hobby. MSFS 2020 might be the best entertainment since drugs (I don't do this but I'm sure some people need the money for it), sex ( even if I don't get any of this and I blame technology for this, some people might be) , football, rock n roll, smartphones but sorry, if it is going to start to cost me more than what I pay for essentials ( food, water, drugs , sex, football, church, books, rock n roll, smartphones, cars and petrol, lots and lots of petrol so I can drive around uselessly and waste the planets resources, etc, etc, etc... ) then MS is not getting any more of my money. Gates is rich enough as it is geez!!! All this money just to feed my simming addiction. It's ridiculous!!

Edited by FlyingBubbles
More additions

28 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

This "I have no experience with gamepass" argument is word not allowed. Be an adult and do some research for yourself on how it works. Take the time to learn about it. Good grief

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

3 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

So, if you buy FS20 as a standalone will you have access to the MP servers ? Not a big problem for me but it could be for some.

Xbox Live Gold is not needed for online multiplayer for any of Microsoft’s PC games. It will likely be needed for the Xbox version of the sim, however, as the Xbox has long required it for multiplayer.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Microsoft is not dumb, they will probably charge for online streaming on PC like they do for Xbox, you will be able to buy the game and play it offline, but if you want to use it for online streaming, you probably have to pay for a subscription.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Can I please request that everyone give Mitch a break? He posted what he believed to be updated information. Whether he is right or wrong in that assumption does not give the rest of you the right to start blasting him. Give the guy some respect.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Can I please request that everyone give Mitch a break? He posted what he believed to be updated information. Whether he is right or wrong in that assumption does not give the rest of you the right to start blasting him. Give the guy some respect.

A little bit of research goes a long way.