Sign in to follow this  
rockpapernuke

No AI Ships (v4.5)

I realised that since installation several months ago I haven't had any AI ships (cars and planes work though). Now I've decided that it's really hurting the immersion of flying into coastal airports like VHHH and KSFO and I've tried (to no avail) to solve this problem.

-trafficBoats.bgl is in the scenery folder

-I tried to install a ship AI addon to fix the problem but there are still no ships

-all sliders at 100%

I have had a look at other posts around the forums but they were mostly centered on the AI aircraft. I'm at my wit's end and would appreciate any help.

Regards

Bertrand Tan

Try this freeware package Global AI shipping traffic, it can be downloaded here at AVSIM and it is the best AI shipping you can dream of.

Edited by Jean-Claude
  • Like 1

What have you tried to date?

Are you referring to default shipping?

As per Jean-Claude's post above, Henrik's AI Ships package is the way to go for added realism.

Ian S

38.jpg

6 hours ago, rockpapernuke said:

I realised that since installation several months ago I haven't had any AI ships (cars and planes work though). Now I've decided that it's really hurting the immersion of flying into coastal airports like VHHH and KSFO and I've tried (to no avail) to solve this problem.

-trafficBoats.bgl is in the scenery folder

-I tried to install a ship AI addon to fix the problem but there are still no ships

-all sliders at 100%

I have had a look at other posts around the forums but they were mostly centered on the AI aircraft. I'm at my wit's end and would appreciate any help.

Regards

Bertrand Tan

If you have ever used ORBX NW Pacific ferries freeware then it disables the default ships AI? Just a thought!

tpewpb-6.png

4 hours ago, Jean-Claude said:

Try this freeware package Global AI shipping traffic, it can be downloaded here at AVSIM and it is the best AI shipping you can dream of.

It certainly is...and the Dev suggested a setting no greater than 12 percent of the slide. That 12 percent figure will give you 100 percent of the A.I. in the package, but will filter out any default ferry autogen. Anything over 12 percent will trigger default ferries and whatever else.

2 hours ago, RW1 said:

If you have ever used ORBX NW Pacific ferries freeware then it disables the default ships AI? Just a thought!

Not the ships A.I. v2 package. I have Larry's package and out beyond the island, in the channel the v2 A.I. ships are happily populating it...

9 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Not the ships A.I. v2 package. I have Larry's package and out beyond the island, in the channel the v2 A.I. ships are happily populating it...

I think he meant the default AI ships.  😉

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Thanks all for your suggestions.

I already have the AI ships addon which was mentioned - but with the sliders at whatever value there are no ships.

I don't have the ORBX region that was mentioned either.

I also used a utility tool (AIFP3202) to determine if there were any FS9 files in my traffic folder (because those can corrupt it) but there are none.

Do you have the newest version V2? It's like a 1.2GB file:

https://www.flightsimnorway.com/addons/default.php?key=ZVJPZk56M1R1cjg3bXc4MWl2Y2NkYXpkRDI4ZnlwZ3EvTlRpRXIrU2xDRT0=

Sounds like you may not have them installed properly or maybe try you could try the .xml addon method for them. (Instructions are in the included PDF file)

Edit: you can paste this to an add-on.xml file so you don't have to try typing it per the.PDF

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
        <AddOn.Name>Global AI Ship Traffic V2</AddOn.Name>
        <AddOn.Description>Global AI Shipping by Henrik Nielsen</AddOn.Description>
        <AddOn.Component>
            <Category>SimObjects</Category>
            <Path>SimObjects\Boats</Path>
        </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Path>SimObjects\Animals</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Scenery</Category>
        <Path>Scenery\World\Scenery</Path>
        <Name>Global AI shipping traffic</Name>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Effects</Category>
        <Path>\Effects</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Sound</Category>
        <Path>Sound</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Edited by Slayer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I assume you have checked to make sure that all of the SHIPS traffic files have been installed in your Scenery/World/Scenery folder? I have a total of 1810 in my folder. It is also worth noting that I do not have a traffic_boats.bgl file in the folder.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

If you do have this AI shipping package installed, where in your scenery.cfg is it placed? it has to be located at the highest level above all your sceneries, can you check this?

On 5/18/2020 at 1:30 PM, Jean-Claude said:

If you do have this AI shipping package installed, where in your scenery.cfg is it placed? it has to be located at the highest level above all your sceneries, can you check this?

It's not in my scenery.cfg. How do I put it in?

update: i only see leisure boats in the water, no big ships now.

the weird thing is that i did absolutely nothing to let this happen. but anyway, after that, i enabled the ships add-on via the add-on.xml method, but i still only see the leisure boats; no big ships. i have the latest version of it.

The Ship Traffic package does not have a scenery Library entry. It is a series of ship traffic BGL files in your Scenery/World/Scenery folder.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I am not at my sim PC now, but the easiest and surest way is to simply follow the instructions included in the package to write the xml file (see below,  believe it is exactly the same as the one put by Slayer above)).

I have that file on the top of Scenery.cfg when I look at my scenery list in P3Dv4.5 and did not do anything by myself, the xml did it for me, I only followed the instructions to put it at the top of my sceneries.

All I know is that I can see the very cruise ships where they are supposed to be in the harbour on the day they are (were) there!

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
    <AddOn.Name>Global AI Ships</AddOn.Name>
    <AddOn.Description>Global AI Shipping by Henrik Nielsen</AddOn.Description>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Path>SimObjects\Boats</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Path>SimObjects\Animals</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>