Sign in to follow this  
bjablonka8120

Maddog DXGI CTD

13 minutes ago, BrettT said:

I just got the maddog today and was learning how to run it up from a cold start.  What I noticed is that the VRAM kept creeping up even while sitting at the gate and eventually crashed.  I am using a 2080ti and it started at about 5.1 GB and when it crashed it was at 8.2GB.  I would guess there is a leak of some sort because I wasn't moving at all.  Spent about an hour at the gate before the crash

see my other post - i solved it

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

9 hours ago, alepro21 said:

He’s quite correctly pointing out that the next gen of cards is likely coming in the next few months, and that there is a lot of data (including from Nvidia) that the new architecture will be a much bigger jump forward in performance then the 20xx series was to the 10xx series. In other words: he’s giving out some good advise that could save you money.

Your totally correct. 

He is just hell bent on making a fool of himself. Just let him get on with it.

I am looking forward to moving to v5 but I will wait for v5.1 but ofc LM have never said there will ever  be one........its not even "Rumors and unsubstanciated leaks" its  just wind speculation on my part......or just common sense. Depending on your state of mind or IQ.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Skywolf, I did what you recommended with switching the textures resolution to 1024 and it worked. I flew with the PMDG 747 from LA to SFO and NO CTD where I had before a CTD after about 3-5 minutes. I spent hours over hours to resolve this, Skywolf you did it. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Bernd

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bjablonka8120 said:

Skywolf, I did what you recommended with switching the textures resolution to 1024 and it worked. I flew with the PMDG 747 from LA to SFO and NO CTD where I had before a CTD after about 3-5 minutes. I spent hours over hours to resolve this, Skywolf you did it. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Bernd

I am glad everything is working for you.  Enjoy your sim!!

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Manage to take the dog out for a flight between FT EKCH -AS EDDF with ASP3D ,FTX Germany and OPLCEU in 4k but with 1024 textures and no issues. VRAM about 5.4gb .

25HZ unlimted. I  notice CPU temps on ground is much much lower (20 degrees at least) making me believe P3DV5 is switching to a degree to terrain loading in the air. 

The flight was made this night and the smooth experience and cockpit lights is amazing. 

Couldnt see strobe lights though and GSX L2 was not responding but that could be a pilot issue. 

PFPX and ACARS worked very well. 

Landing speed charts was not vissible ,only from menu. 

WXR radar on captains side not sure how to go back to automatic mode after a VAR. 

Love the sound from groundroll takeoff and landings. 

ITS amazing in v5

Michael Moe 

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

23 hours ago, BrettT said:

I just got the maddog today and was learning how to run it up from a cold start.  What I noticed is that the VRAM kept creeping up even while sitting at the gate and eventually crashed.  I am using a 2080ti and it started at about 5.1 GB and when it crashed it was at 8.2GB.  I would guess there is a leak of some sort because I wasn't moving at all.  Spent about an hour at the gate before the crash

I have the same issue with my 2080ti at Fly Tampa KLAS.  

Matt Wilson

Id live to know what settings you guys are trying to run V5 at.

i was running a 1080 6Gb Vram with mid settings and never saw above 4.8Gb Vram usage with any aircraft except Maddog.

Upgraded to a 2080TI 11Gb and Maddog blows out well above any other aircraft including at least two In RC status.

The Maddog needs a massive revamp with optimization.

Minimum 8Gb is outrageous im sorry.

Even with 8 people everywhere are throwing their hands in the air with Vram crashes.

It seems to have gone from the top of the performance pile to the bottom.

I dont care if it runs at 80fps if it crashes once an hour because its Vram isnt optimized.

Anyone saying it uses 4K textures etc misses the point. It doesnt look any better and makes the sim completely unstable.
It needs fixing.

• Like 1

Darren Howie

I have a 1080ti 11g and I've been crashing non stop in the PMDG 744.

v5 is POS at this point if you ask me. 

I never had these problems in v4. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Hey Folk:

Just as a friendly reminder to offer some help (maybe):

-Restart your computer before running the sim. each time.

-After install of a new or re-install of an airplane, delete your old p3d config and shadders.  Let sim build new ones.

I've found great success (although I'm not running v5 or v5 add-ons yet) by following those steps.

Fingers crossed for you all because I'm hopping for a new sim play with.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Now getting the DXGI error again with the PMDG 747 and the Maddog. I turned down the textures and my vram was 2.1 of 5.2 when it crashed. Getting really tired of this.

Bernd

5 minutes ago, bjablonka8120 said:

Now getting the DXGI error again with the PMDG 747 and the Maddog. I turned down the textures and my vram was 2.1 of 5.2 when it crashed. Getting really tired of this.

Bernd

DXGI_what .... there are several.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Why should we have to do this, we are spending good money on this and it should at least not crash.

6 minutes ago, bjablonka8120 said:

Device_Hung

You can get them in all high demanding games/sims. In my experience the causes are nearly always to find in hardware/driver combination.

Overclocking (also factory OC like in gfx cards), overheating, bad driver installation, weak PSUs .... 

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png