Sign in to follow this  
emm

CTD reproducable overflying the region of CYMM

P3D v5 HF1 installed. I get a CTD with no error window or something else overflying the region of CYMM Ft. McMurray far up in Canada!

ORBX, PMDG 747, FS Global Ultimate NG2020 all installed with v5 installers.

Is this reproducible on other systems? Any ideas?

Best regards

Bruno

What does your Event Viewer in Windows indicate? Even though you don't get a dialog box with the CTD, there should be an error entry in your Event Viewer somewhere (or multiple) with that time stamp.

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll

That's all I see as an error in the event viewer

P3D v5 HF1, ASP3D beta 2 (remote PC configuration), Truesky OFF

When I'm flying from SEA northeast I always get a CTD Kernelbase.dll (P3D PC) in the region of CYMM (Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada) located 56° 30'N. Further south all weather updates are running smooth...

According the Active Sky Beta forum it's a confirmed issue with the ASP3D beta 2...

Activated Enhanced Atmospherics (beta) and the CTDs are gone! Same route, same tools used!

The display of the clouds are in several situations faulty. But at least the CTDs are gone...

What did you change please ?

Did crash in CYMM area when flying from CYHZ to CYYZ, with EA and active sky; tried again, shut active sky till past CYCG then re-activate active sky, no crash...

Alain from Montreal

Flying north of 56°N with AS and disabled Enhanced Atmospherics (beta) will cause a CTD.

If you've Enhanced Atmospherics (beta) enabled, everything is ok north of 56°N .

North of 56°N you have to enable Enhanced Atmospherics (beta) or stopping AS.

Then everything is ok.

Cheers

Bruno from LSZH