Hi guys

when I press my PTT button on the yoke I get a high pitch tone constantly until I release. I’m deaf so have hearing aides and this tone rattles my brain 🤣 can this be changed to something else like instead of the constant tone just a split second to know I’ve pressed it kinda thing

13 minutes ago, ridgeandgable said:

Hi guys

when I press my PTT button on the yoke I get a high pitch tone constantly until I release. I’m deaf so have hearing aides and this tone rattles my brain 🤣 can this be changed to something else like instead of the constant tone just a split second to know I’ve pressed it kinda thing

It's main purpose is to let users know that MCE has switched from "Crew mode" to "ATC mode" where all commands for Fo and other crew  interaction are suspended and those for ATC are enabled. The opposite happens when you release PTT.

You can disable the humming background noise as follows.

Right-click anywhere in MCE user interface and select Radio static->None in drop-down menu.

Thanks will give that a try, not so much humming, more like a whistle to me 🤣

I’m new to this software and just bought pf3 also, don’t think I’ve set some things up right as it’s more hit or miss wether arc responds, like asking for IFR clearance, I’ll go through the manuals again today and see what’s what but maybe need to post for further help, or if anyone can spare the time, I’m happy to give ip for remote access to help.

perhaps I’m just to use to voxatc after all these years

1 hour ago, ridgeandgable said:

Thanks will give that a try, not so much humming, more like a whistle to me 🤣

I’m new to this software and just bought pf3 also, don’t think I’ve set some things up right as it’s more hit or miss wether arc responds, like asking for IFR clearance, I’ll go through the manuals again today and see what’s what but maybe need to post for further help, or if anyone can spare the time, I’m happy to give ip for remote access to help.

perhaps I’m just to use to voxatc after all these years

You're welcome.

make sure you read this thread. It has everything you need to know regarding MCE integration with PF3.

43 minutes ago, ridgeandgable said:

Thanks, so to talk / respond to pf3 Atc I set a key press for Y. In MCE do I need to set that for the push to talk?

Set all required hotkeys in PF3 options.

When MCE "sees" PF3 has connected to P3D/FSX, it will fetch all those hotkeys so it can use them depending on your ATC messages.

You need a hotkey for Yes and No because there are occasions where MCE has to scroll through the various options PF3 is offering.

For instance, when you request a different runway with someting like "Ground KLM 143 requesting runway two five left for takeoff", PF3 would typically display runways to choose from one at a time. MCE will keep sending "no" until the correct one is offered at which point it accepts it with Yes hotkey.

Would rather you keep everything related to PF3 ATC in the thread I referred you to earlier. Thanks.

Thanks, sorry thought that post was just for reference not all related pf3 issues. 

I have kept all the original hotkeys set apart from the speak leg which I changed to Y. So when I push PTT in MCE  that is essentially pressing the H key for me, and the only other important ones to set are Yes and No in pf3, but from what I’ve read, I can use a voxscript to say “yes” and that will press “Ctrl shift y” Kinda thing for me?

50 minutes ago, ridgeandgable said:

Thanks, sorry thought that post was just for reference not all related pf3 issues. 

I have kept all the original hotkeys set apart from the speak leg which I changed to Y. So when I push PTT in MCE  that is essentially pressing the H key for me, and the only other important ones to set are Yes and No in pf3, but from what I’ve read, I can use a voxscript to say “yes” and that will press “Ctrl shift y” Kinda thing for me?

Can do.

Not in Voxscript though.

There is another tool called "Voxkey".

Windows Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Voxkey

Open "Prepar3D Demo.vkp" profile.

Add "yes" custom command and tie it to CTRL+SHIFT+y

Close Voxkey as it's only an editor.

Next time MCE runs, "yes" will be available as a command to send key combo to P3D.

There is normally a "Yes" command, intended as a positive reply to a prompt, but that one is only active within 10 seconds following a prompt to confirm something.

Perfect, thanks for your help you’ve been great. Anything else and I’ll make sure to post in the other thread.

many thanks

harry

20 hours ago, ridgeandgable said:

Perfect, thanks for your help you’ve been great. Anything else and I’ll make sure to post in the other thread.

many thanks

harry

You're welcome. Cheers.