Sign in to follow this  
avi8tir

Full V4 Uninstall

I am ready to fully uninstall V4 and all add ons now that I have V5 up and running. What is the best way in order to ensure all add ons, etc? 

You might want to reconsider that, if you like Larry's fabulous water based harbor sceneries and the wonderful addition to PNW via his Ferry scenery and autogen.  That has not been ported, and I get the feeling, that it might not be for some time.  Just something to consider...and one more thing.  I have LatinVFR's Key West 3rdP, and it in no way renders properly using v5, than when viewed using v4.5  I imagine that there are many other 3rdP's that are not 100 percent compatible. That alone, is why my v4.5 is fully intact.

A lot depends on whether you plan to reuse the addons or completely reinstall them. And whether they have been installed via addon.xml.

However, I'd start by uninstalling the addons via control panel or their dedicated installer. Then run delete generated files from the p3d folder. Then uninstall p3d. After that delete the complete P3D folder to get rid of any leftover addon items.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors