Sign in to follow this  
JohnHenry82

2 different ATIS information

Hello everyone!

So i fly xplane11 non beta, and i have been using Pilot2ATC which has drastically changed my sim experience. Im absolutely in love with this program. but i digress.... so im having a small problem. While planning my flight, i use a mix of "simbrief" and Pilot2ATC.
simbrief i use for the briefing page, and the actual plan i create with pilot2atc

my problem is
Im never really sure which runways are the ones in use......
Simbrief gives me random dep and arri runways
PILOT2ATC gives me (at the airport INFO button) certain runways.... if i then connect the airplanes radio to ATIS... i hear 2 ATIS infos.
Both give me different information.....
The way i know which runways are in use in the end, is because "traffic global" aircraft are all taxing or landing at the in use runways
ONE of the the two ATIS infos gives me correct arr and dep runways, that the AI aircraft are using, however does NOT coincide with the "info button" info.

I am using the latest AIRAC, .... installed manually in xplane11 and pilot2atc

as you can see its rather a complicated pickle..... basically , what id like to know, is there a way to be certain about the DEP and ARRI runways? Cause, the way i do it now is, i spawn at the ARRIVAL airport first to SEE which runways are in use, THEN i spawn the the departure airport.

Thanks in advance

There is no "handshake" between the traffic engines and P2A.  So quite often, especially when winds are light and variable, they might choose different runways.

For the departure airport, the best thing to do is to see what runway the traffic engine is using and then set P2A to use the same runway.  You can do this by either setting a SID using that runway or by opening the SID window, selecting the desired runway and pressing the "Set RWY" button.  One of the ATIS you are hearing is from the SIM and the other is from P2A.  There is an option in P2A to turn off the ATIS.  

For the arrival airport, what you get from P2A is based on winds and other factors.  Again this may differ from the traffic engine and what you're doing is probably the only way to see what runway the traffic engine is using.  Of course, that could change during the flight if winds pick up or change direction.

Unfortunately, not all the information we would like to get from the SIM is available, including the active runway information.

Thank you so much Dave for the quick response.

You said there is an option IN P2A to disable ATIS..... what if it deactivates the one that gives me accurate info 😄? i even think, using that option didnt change anything and i would still hear 2 ATIS´s.... what i did was, get a short LUA script that supposedly disables xplanes ATIS, but i havent been able to try it yet !

And yes, the SID thing... that how i do it, i will even use the "force runway" options sometimes, as the program will for some reason change back to the "recommended runway". 

Thanks again ...... it is unfortunate that things are like this, but hey, there are work arounds, and for ME, its absolutely worth it, like i mentioned, this has changed my simming experience drastically. Dont mind IVAO or VASTIM, they are cool and whatnot, but in my opinion this is hands down the best "OFFLINE ATC" solution there is right now.

on a different note, i have two simming buddies that also bought P2A because of my constant talking and praising about it 😄 However, they do not speak English as their first language...... or second language for that matter haha, but is it possible to use "English" but with a HEAVY foreign accent ? 😄  or , is it even possible to make P2A work in Spanish ?

Thanks again !!!

Thanks for the kind words.

There is a check box in the Windows language setup that will have the Speech Recognition engine deal with non-English accents.  For Windows 10 it is at:

Settings > Time & Language > Speech.  Set the Speech language selection box to English(United States) and then check the box labeled "Recognize non-native accents for this language".

Sorry, but it can't deal with a different language entirely.

Dave

Sweet! Perfect, no, that way they have an incentive to learn some English 😄
They have been living in US for years now, and cant get P2A to recognize
"Alpha Mike Three one, ready to copy" 😄

We´ll get there. Thanks for your time!