Sign in to follow this  
denalb

New TCAS Datarefs in 11.50 and Pilot2ATC

Hello,

Wondering if the new TCAS options in X-Plane 11.50b9 open up Pilot2ATC and the ability for it to see aircraft created by plugins like LiveTraffic, World Traffic 3, and Traffic Global. I noticed that I can now see TCAS traffic on my ND without needing to add AI planes with the beta version of LiveTraffic that has been updated to use these new Datarefs, but Pilot2ATC doesn't seem to be able to see this traffic yet. Are there significant changes that need made to Pilot2ATC to adapt to the new TCAS datarefs, or is this something that is completely outside of what Pilot2ATC uses for seeing traffic?

https://developer.x-plane.com/article/overriding-tcas-and-providing-traffic-information/

Edited by denalb

I'll have to look into it, but if all that is available is position, it may be a problem unless the Traffic Engines continue to also update the 19 multiplayer aircraft with the additional information.

I've looked at it and it does look promising if the Traffic Engines fully support it.

I'll have to make some major modifications to take advantage of it, but I'll be working on it.  Right now my X-Plane scenery and aircraft are upside down with the beta....I'll let someone else figure that one out.

Thanks,

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC
  • Like 1

Dave,

Let me know if you need any help with this. I have updated X-Camera 2.4 to use the new TCAS datarefs and TwinFan has LiveTraffic using them. I suspect all traffic programs will start using it, it is much cleaner than using the 19 datarefs.

Mark

Hey Dave,

any news on the implementation of the new TCAS datarefs? I am realy looking forward to use LiveTraffic with P2A again.

Cheers Cad

Thank you for your answer. I'm realy looking forward to see it working.

Edited by cad01

+1 to that - Been using P2ATC lots lately and find the realism so incredible.

Just miss the 'you are number 2 for takeoff...!"

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

2.6.1.3 MFS support but still no mention of TCAS for X Plane.  I didn't find it funny when I enabled traffic with MFS and it was there.

Maybe it is only my machine but it hasn't worked for a long time now.