Sign in to follow this  
Boomer

Best Hardcore Airbus for P3Dv5 please

I ponder going to the Dark Side as Boeing flier.

spacer.png

Chris, 

I do not own any Airbus products but ...

I would have to recommend the FSL (going by information on this and other forae) as being the stand out candidate for the fearsome step you are contemplating. Indeed hardcore.

However, I have heard that the Aerosoft version, whilst nowhere near the complexity of the FSL aircraft, is definitely worth contemplation. It is also very much cheaper.

Good luck with your foray into the unknown (take bright lamps LOL)

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I bought the FSL for p3d v4 and got dissapointed because the performance and cause I'm a boeing fan. Months later, when the mallware case I got a refund. Two years later I decided to give a new try and found it's one of the best addons you can get for our p3d platform. My advice is wait for the fsl.

Chris, am surprised you had to ask since your so well read on these forums.

FSL paired with GSXv2 is another level.

Follow the link in my sig for the walk through to give you some idea of your flows as a Bus captain. If you do get it, it should hopefully help you a lot.

• Like 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Depending on your systems capability:

FSLabs A320 by far my favorite, clearly more expensive.

Aerosoft A320 started with this bird before I upgraded my system.

Enjoy

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

If you want nerd-level realism - and I mean that in a good way - which in all honesty only the Majestic Dash 8 surpasses as far as add-on aeroplanes for P3D goes, then there really is only one Airbus choice to consider. And I don't even have to name it; you know which one it is. It's pricey, but you do get what you pay for.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 hours ago, Boomer said:

I ponder going to the Dark Side as Boeing flier.

I wait for the Fslabs fleet 😎

Edited by awf

André

Yeah there’s none, wait for FS Labs.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 hours ago, Chock said:

If you want nerd-level realism - and I mean that in a good way - which in all honesty only the Majestic Dash 8 surpasses as far as add-on aeroplanes for P3D goes, then there really is only one Airbus choice to consider. And I don't even have to name it; you know which one it is. It's pricey, but you do get what you pay for.

Majestic agree but what about Leonardo Maddog?  Its there as well. 

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

16 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Majestic agree but what about Leonardo Maddog?  Its there as well. 

True, it is indeed another excellent add-on well worth having. But I do refuse to refer to that airframe as an MD just because they put glass gauges in it, any more than I'll ever call the Douglas DC-3 the MD DC-3. 🤣

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 hours ago, Chock said:

True, it is indeed another excellent add-on well worth having. But I do refuse to refer to that airframe as an MD just because they put glass gauges in it, any more than I'll ever call the Douglas DC-3 the MD DC-3. 🤣

The MD-88 (available as expansion) did never carry the DC-9-8X type certificate 😉

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

The Aerosoft Airbus Professional gives you all variants for around $80. If you buy everything from FSL and add VAT it'll cost you about 3 times as much. Does the FSLabs give you 3 times more what the Aersoft version provides? I somehow doubt it. 

I also believe you get a discount on the A330 if you buy the A320 - so you'll have the A318/319/320/321/330 and will still be way under what the FSLabs version costs.

As a curious fact I note that someone released a "high definition texture pack" for the FSLabs version. 😁