Sign in to follow this  
aaronkia

PMDG 737 in v5

Hi everyone, 

Just wondering if anyone has managed to get the PMDG 737 NGX (not NGXu) working in v5 yet? I know no official installer exists for this particular aircraft by PMDG but I am able to install it without any problems and load it up into the sim. However, a CTD always occurs after a couple of minutes in the 737 (usually when switching views but not exclusively) so does anyone have any ideas or know how to get it working? I've got the 777 working correctly without any issues or changing anything..

Many thanks 🙂  

Well the only thing I would say about that is there are reports of view changing crashing P3DV5 so it might not be the aircraft. And the other thing is if PMDG release an update for the NGX for P3DV4 make sure you keep that installer because you can be sure if its updated for P3D V4 they'll make certain you can't install it in V5. If your lucky as P3D V5 develops and becomes more stable the CTD will disappear. Hopefully some here can help you.

2 hours ago, Quasimodo said:

Well the only thing I would say about that is there are reports of view changing crashing P3DV5 so it might not be the aircraft. And the other thing is if PMDG release an update for the NGX for P3DV4 make sure you keep that installer because you can be sure if its updated for P3D V4 they'll make certain you can't install it in V5. If your lucky as P3D V5 develops and becomes more stable the CTD will disappear. Hopefully some here can help you.

What do you mean that if they update for p3d v4 that you won't be able to install it for v5.

Edited by ahsmatt7

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

2 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

What do you mean that if they update for p3d v4 that you won't be able to install it for v5.

try installing the the NGX for FSX into P3D V3 and you'll know what I mean.😁

The question is a good one, it has been asked before but i have never seen a good answer.

- the suggestion that the crashes are due to the sim not the addon: i will just roll my eyes at that one, 🙄 p3d v4 fans pls give it a rest already, if you don’t fly the sim don’t make random, unsubstantiated negative comments. In short, this is not the reason for OP’s problem.

- pmdg deliberately updated the fsx ngx so it would not run with p3d. They will probably not do that here, as the ngx is a P3D version.

- equally, they will not be updating the NGX to v5, ever, so some experimentation is in order.

- the NGXu works nearly flawlessly in v5 with some minor tweaking, it was i initially my main aircraft in v5 though i’ve never reinstalled after HF1.

- for the NGX, it is likely a matter of finding the offending .dll files and disabling them, as we had to for A2A aircraft. Has anyone experimented in this regard yet?

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

5 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

- equally, they will not be updating the NGX to v5, ever, so some experimentation is in order.

Ah that's a shame, did they announce that already?

5 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

- for the NGX, it is likely a matter of finding the offending .dll files and disabling them, as we had to for A2A aircraft. Has anyone experimented in this regard yet?

I'm sure it's to do with a .dll file or something alike, it's just the NGX doesn't have any of the usual offenders such as TrueGlass. Hmm. Seems weird I'm able to load it up in the sim at a gate and then it crashes within the first few mins

42 minutes ago, aaronkia said:

Ah that's a shame, did they announce that already?

I'm sure it's to do with a .dll file or something alike, it's just the NGX doesn't have any of the usual offenders such as TrueGlass. Hmm. Seems weird I'm able to load it up in the sim at a gate and then it crashes within the first few mins

For point 1, yes they were very clear on the PMDG forum that it's a superseded product, not being updated.

For point 2, I haven't tested myself as I've got the NGXu, but i'm interested in the answer as it'd be helpful to those like you who have only got the NGX. So far in my journeys arounf the internet, I haven't seen any good data on this.

• Upvote 1

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

8 hours ago, Quasimodo said:

try installing the the NGX for FSX into P3D V3 and you'll know what I mean.😁

You know what? I'm dumb. I didn't read the OP fully lol.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

I take it that was directed at me. Maybe you should read the OP and then mine again in that context. Then perhaps instead of being nasty critical of what you would wish it said you can be actually read what it says and then be constructively critical if you wish.😁

Edited by Quasimodo
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Quasimodo said:

I take it that was directed at me. Maybe you should read the OP and then mine again in that context. Then perhaps instead of being nasty critical of what you would wish it said you can be actually read what it says and then be constructively critical if you wish.😁

Quasi, i am not trying to give you a hard time but you’ve been pretty negative about v5 lately.

You say that “I’ve heard that...” and then describe a non-issue about view changes being the possible cause. 

You then finish your brief comment by inferring that v5 is unstable.

There’s too much fake news about v5 pedalled around this sub.

OP is getting crashes because he’s running a non-compatible addon in the sim, period. There are NO reports of successfully using the NGX in v5.

Rather than inventing imaginary problems with P3D v5 to blame, OP needs to know which .dlls etc to disable to give this addon a chance of working.

Sorry to be all grumpy about this, but - so many negative comments about the new sim around, mostly unfounded, which eventually becomes tiresome. 

Anyway, now i’ve vented. Peace, and happy v4.5 simming to you! 😊

• Like 2

Oz

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

You then finish your brief comment by inferring that v5 is unstable.

That is not an inference. That's a fact. Even the beta tester have said so. Tons of users are having problems with it. Tons of reports of CTD's. I don't know where you get he idea that I have been negative about it. I doubt if a single comment I had about it is negative. Except perhaps that vanilla, it looks like poop. Acknowledging the it has more issue that an RTM would usually not have is not a slight against it being the best version of P3D yet when it works. The OP said that most of his crashes where associated with view changes. Many user have reported this with different aircraft. I've seen it myself. In my post I said that if NGX was updated that PMDG would definitely included in the update a routine that would prevent it being installed in Prepar3D V5 not mater what so keep your current installer. I also qualified my post by indicating that perhaps someone else can help you. You read a bunch into my post that wasn't there.

And If the OP is getting crashes only because he is running incompatible addons., How do you explain the CTD's that I am getting running only addons from reputable developers with V5 installers?

Edited by Quasimodo

4 minutes ago, Quasimodo said:

That is not an inference. That's a fact. Even the beta tester have said so. Tons of users are having problems with it. Tons of reports of CTD's.

Not true.....but hopefully mods will be reacting....what I know...

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

2 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

There are NO reports of successfully using the NGX in v5.

Running fine here, a number of 3 to 4 hour flights with no issues.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Caveney737 said:

Running fine here, a number of 3 to 4 hour flights with no issues.

Maybe you can then give the OP some advice.