Sign in to follow this  
aaronkia

PMDG 737 in v5

Just now, Quasimodo said:

Maybe you can then give the OP some advice.

Just followed the install advice on PIREP and it worked! Nothing else to it.

16 minutes ago, Quasimodo said:

In my post I said that if NGX was updated that PMDG would definitely included in the update a routine that would prevent it being installed in Prepar3D V5 not mater what so keep your current installer.

It's not supported anymore so they are not going to update it. If it were still supported there would be no NGXu and no reason not to make it compatible with v5 for free as with the other products. They specifically said they are not going to prevent it from being installed into v5 manually by the user.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

39 minutes ago, Caveney737 said:

Running fine here, a number of 3 to 4 hour flights with no issues.

OK, there is now one report.

How did you do it? Confirm also that you’re talking about NGX, not NGXu.

If anyone else is having success with the NGX post away, as previous threads that I have read have not reported successful outcomes.

Edit: I see you mentioned Pirep, which is an article on the NGXu. Does the NGX also work via this method?

Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

7 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

OK, there is now one report.

How did you do it? Confirm also that you’re talking about NGX, not NGXu.

If anyone else is having success with the NGX post away, as previous threads that I have read have not reported successful outcomes.

Edit: I see you mentioned Pirep, which is an article on the NGXu. Does the NGX also work via this method?

Yes I am talking about the NGX, and yes the method on Pirep works for the NGX.

The Pirep article is not just for the NGXu, it states that it should work for any PMDG product,

they just used the NGXu as an example.

I am sure others have posted in other threads that they have the NGX working.

So far I have tried most systems and they all work fine, apart from the weather radar that

doesn't work if you are using the v5 version of Active Sky - but that is nothing to do with

the porting over of the NGX - rather the new Active Sky.

4 minutes ago, Caveney737 said:

Yes I am talking about the NGX, and yes the method on Pirep works for the NGX.

The Pirep article is not just for the NGXu, it states that it should work for any PMDG product,

they just used the NGXu as an example.

I am sure others have posted in other threads that they have the NGX working.

So far I have tried most systems and they all work fine, apart from the weather radar that

doesn't work if you are using the v5 version of Active Sky - but that is nothing to do with

the porting over of the NGX - rather the new Active Sky.

Well, that’s good news for the NGX owners. Previous threads I’ve seen here have been full of unhappy owners Of this plane due to no upgrade plans, with no positive results of NGX install experiments reported that I read.

If yours is working, then that’s worth a shot for anyone without the NGXu who is missing the 737.

Back to the OP, though, if he gets crashes with the NGX that he doesn’t get under normal circumstances then it strongly suggests that the non-approved addon is responsible. It’s then a question of which ,dlls to deactivate to obtain a more satisfactory result, so if anyone knows where the problem lies then that would be useful intel.

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

29 minutes ago, Caveney737 said:

The Pirep article

Pirep article...? To install NGX in V5?

Alex 

22 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Pirep article...? To install NGX in V5?

Yes, at www.pirep.co. It's a free article on their new FS site.

Just follow their instructions and hey presto, the NGX in v5.🙂

1 minute ago, Caveney737 said:

www.pirep.co

Interesting result once you attempt to go there...LOL

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead..!😎

Alex 

1 minute ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Not here. 

53 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Back to the OP, though, if he gets crashes with the NGX that he doesn’t get under normal circumstances then it strongly suggests that the non-approved addon is responsible.

So your suggesting that Caveney737 has no credibility when he states he installed the NGX in V5 and is flying it problem free except for no weather radar without CTD's?

Edited by Quasimodo

3 minutes ago, Quasimodo said:

So your suggesting that Caveney737 has no credibility when he states he installed the NGX in V5 and is flying it problem free except for no weather radar without CTD's?

Quasi, I thought you were being sensible again after you deleted your earlier post but apparently I was wrong.

Of course I'm not saying that, and I don't believe you are silly enough to read my comment that way. Stop with the trolling.

Oz

18 minutes ago, peteruk said:

You do not need to change settings in the registry:
just rename all 4 folders from "Prepar3D v5"  to "Prepar3D v4", install your Product, run the PMDG updater,
dont forget FS2Crew when you own it,

rename the 4 folders back into "Prepar3D v5" and rock the planes.

27 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Here's a summary of how to get the NGXu into P3D v5:

Run Regedit

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Change AppPath to the folder that you've got P3D v5 installed in (for me, it's F:\Prepar3D v5 but that's non-standard).

The only trick:

Need to copy and paste some DLL files from v4 to v5 installations:

Go to: %ProgramData%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Open dll.xml

The entries you are looking for are PMDG_Interface, RAASPRO and PMDG_HUD_Interface. Copy these entries into your v5 version of dll.xml, which you'll find in %ProgramData%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5

Easy!

The same approach will more or less apply to other PMDG planes, and the registry change is what you want to do for installing any v4 aircraft in P3D v5.

Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

11 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Quasi, I thought you were being sensible again after you deleted your earlier post but apparently I was wrong.

Of course I'm not saying that, and I don't believe you are silly enough to read my comment that way. Stop with the trolling.

I'm pointing out that you are contradicting yourself. But on some level you know that otherwise you wouldn't be calling me names. It's either compatible or its not. Either its not compatible and you are saying that Caveney737 is not a credible witness or it is compatible and your statements blaming the OP's CTD's on its incompatibility is false. The middle ground is either the OP made a mistake installing it or the CTD's are caused by something else. Perhaps V5 current instability.

Edited by Quasimodo