Sign in to follow this  
aaronkia

PMDG 737 in v5

2 hours ago, Caveney737 said:

Running fine here, a number of 3 to 4 hour flights with no issues.

I'm with you. I used the p3d4 installer and pointed it to P3dv5 and works just fine.

Bill W

Guys, I'm already only on v5 only so will be great if anyone can share PMDG part on DLL from v4.

Thanks.

31 minutes ago, Quasimodo said:

I'm pointing out that you are contradicting yourself. But on some level you know that otherwise you wouldn't be calling me names. It's either compatible or its not. 

What a ridiculous statement. OK, I guess you're serious.

1. I've learned in this thread that at least 2 people have the NGX running fine, which is fantastic news. 

2. It's a complex aircraft add-on not designed for P3D v5. Using v4 aircraft in P3D v5 often leads to crashes. Not everyone will get the crashes, but to suggest that everyone will have a trouble free experience based on a sample size of two is very bold.

I'm not here to argue with you though or to buy into your trolling (although stupidly I've just done that again). I'm here because I was hoping that we could help the OP, and that someone might know the NGX well enough to know if there were any .dll's that PMDG would be modding if they were going to update this plane for P3D v5.     

Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

26 minutes ago, peteruk said:

Guys, I'm already only on v5 only so will be great if anyone can share PMDG part on DLL from v4.

Thanks.

Here you go, mate. Add this to your v5 .dll and you should be good.

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>PMDG_HUD_interface</Name>
        <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>
        <DLLStartName>module_init</DLLStartName>
        <DLLStopName>module_deinit</DLLStopName>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>RAASPRO</Name>
        <Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>PMDG_Interface</Name>
        <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_Interface.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

• Like 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Thank you all for your replies and suggestions so far..  (let's also stop the nattering back and forth over silly problems from now on eh 😉 ) 

I could give the Pirep article's method a go but I doubt that would make a difference as I'm already able to install and load up the aircraft in v5 (unless i've misunderstood the gist of the article). But worth a shot to add those lines to .dll that @OzWhitey has posted above and report back.

One interesting thing I noted when i installed the NGX into v5 using the latest installers from the PMDG site is that when the PMDG operations centre runs there is actually a small update for the NGX there to do which suggests the installer from the PMDG site doesn't actually contain the latest version. I did run the update when I installed it in v5 so maybe I should try reinstalling it and not do the suggested update in the operations centre? Just an idea but perhaps by doing the update through the operations centre it's causing something (vague I know) to become askew..? I'll give it a go and report back 🙂 

Keep the ideas coming in but great to see that some people have got theirs running successfully. Perhaps they could share what version number of the NGX they're using as shown in the ops centre? And is the v5 you're using the latest HF1 version? I'm using HF1 version myself)  @BillW & @Caveney737

Edited by aaronkia
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Quasimodo said:

I take it that was directed at me. Maybe you should read the OP and then mine again in that context. Then perhaps instead of being nasty critical of what you would wish it said you can be actually read what it says and then be constructively critical if you wish.😁

Are you talking about my post above this one that I quoted?

I called myself dumb and criticized me own post. Did you seriously take offense to what I said?

Come on now ....

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

2 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Are you talking about my post above this one that I quoted?

I called myself dumb and criticized me own post. Did you seriously take offense to what I said?

Come on now ....

No that wasn't directed at you. I was directed at the genus who thinks he's right about everything even when he is clearly contradicting himself and calling the person pointing it out names.🤣

Edited by Quasimodo

Ignoring the trolls for a minute, I'd just like to say that I followed the instructions here and from the PIREP page - and have my old favourite NGX working happily in P3Dv5 HF1.

Quite easy and straightforward. At the end of the base install procedure PMDG Ops centre fires up and patches your 737.

I've only tried a few simple test runs so far - with no fancy panel state setups or FMS programming, but it all *appears* to be working.

I understand there may be issues - and that PMDG's stance (quite rightly) is "do at your own risk" but, I'd say "give it a whirl". I love my NGX and, expensive as they are, love PMDG products - so will probably buy the NGXu after it's patched to v5.

• Upvote 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

12 hours ago, aaronkia said:

Thank you all for your replies and suggestions so far..  (let's also stop the nattering back and forth over silly problems from now on eh 😉 ) 

I could give the Pirep article's method a go but I doubt that would make a difference as I'm already able to install and load up the aircraft in v5 (unless i've misunderstood the gist of the article). But worth a shot to add those lines to .dll that @OzWhitey has posted above and report back.

One interesting thing I noted when i installed the NGX into v5 using the latest installers from the PMDG site is that when the PMDG operations centre runs there is actually a small update for the NGX there to do which suggests the installer from the PMDG site doesn't actually contain the latest version. I did run the update when I installed it in v5 so maybe I should try reinstalling it and not do the suggested update in the operations centre? Just an idea but perhaps by doing the update through the operations centre it's causing something (vague I know) to become askew..? I'll give it a go and report back 🙂 

Keep the ideas coming in but great to see that some people have got theirs running successfully. Perhaps they could share what version number of the NGX they're using as shown in the ops centre? And is the v5 you're using the latest HF1 version? I'm using HF1 version myself)  @BillW & @Caveney737

I did not use the update and using f HF1.

Bill W

• Upvote 1

Besides the weather, the EFB unfortunately is not working either. It is not scanning the right cfg files so there are no airports in the database.

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

On 5/18/2020 at 11:46 PM, Adamski_NZ said:

At the end of the base install procedure PMDG Ops centre fires up and patches your 737.

I thought that the Ops Center was not included in the NGX

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

I don't have a P3D V4 installed so I guess I am out.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

15 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

I don't have a P3D V4 installed so I guess I am out.

No, you don't need it. Just rename your v5 install folder to v4 and change the registry

entry for v5 to v4 (details of which reg entry to change are in the Pirep article) and it fools

the PMDG installer in to thinking that v5 is actually v4. Don't forget to copy the xml.dll

as detailed earlier in this thread. Also change everything back to v5 when finished.