Sign in to follow this  
aaronkia

PMDG 737 in v5

thanks guys. I got it to work. 

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

On 5/18/2020 at 1:13 AM, OzWhitey said:

The question is a good one, it has been asked before but i have never seen a good answer.

- the suggestion that the crashes are due to the sim not the addon: i will just roll my eyes at that one, 🙄 p3d v4 fans pls give it a rest already, if you don’t fly the sim don’t make random, unsubstantiated negative comments. In short, this is not the reason for OP’s problem.

- pmdg deliberately updated the fsx ngx so it would not run with p3d. They will probably not do that here, as the ngx is a P3D version.

- equally, they will not be updating the NGX to v5, ever, so some experimentation is in order.

- the NGXu works nearly flawlessly in v5 with some minor tweaking, it was i initially my main aircraft in v5 though i’ve never reinstalled after HF1.

- for the NGX, it is likely a matter of finding the offending .dll files and disabling them, as we had to for A2A aircraft. Has anyone experimented in this regard yet?

What minor tweaking with the NGXu for v5?

Duane Buck

For those who have the NGX working in v5 does that include the Wx Radar too?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

44 minutes ago, webranger said:

What minor tweaking with the NGXu for v5?

Installing the PMDG NGXu into v5 - step 1 - change your prepar3d v4 path:

Run Regedit

Find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Change AppPath to your P3D v5 install location (mine is : F:\Prepar3D v5)

Now install the NGXu.

The only trick:

Need to copy and paste some DLL files from v4 to v5 installations:

Go to: %ProgramData%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Open dll.xml

The entries are PMDG_Interface, RAASPRO and PMDG_HUD_Interface, we need to paste these into the dll.xml in the v5 folder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Ray. Sorry, haven't flown this since HF1 came out, as I'm flying official v5 planes only - so I don't know if I ever had it and ASP3D running at the same time - but the PMDG v5 version is due out sometime this coming week (ish), as per RSR's recent announcement. I did fly the NGXu heavily for the first few weeks of v5's life, performed pretty well.

Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

7 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Ray. Sorry, haven't flown this since HF1 came out, as I'm flying official v5 planes only - so I don't know if I ever had it and ASP3D running at the same time - but the PMDG v5 version is due out sometime this coming week (ish), as per RSR's recent announcement. I did fly the NGXu heavily for the first few weeks of v5's life, performed pretty well.

Thanks Oz. Not interested in buying the aircraft a second time for an even higher price than first time. I don’t need the EFB and the other improvements so it’s not a case if being tight. Maybe someone else can confirm when able.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks Oz. Not interested in buying the aircraft a second time for an even higher price than first time. I don’t need the EFB and the other improvements so it’s not a case if being tight. Maybe someone else can confirm when able.

Sorry Ray, was responding to the NGXu question above yours, and then added my response thinking you were also asking about NGXu. NGX situation is, of course, different, with PMDG unfortunately deciding not to update it for Prepar3d v5.

I don't know if you've got the NGX working in v5 or not. I know some people have posted that it does work for them, using the above method, and others have had too many CTDs to make it worthwhile. Given that HF2 and future iterations of v5 move the platform further away from v4, I doubt the venerable NGX has much of a future with this sim. Even with the much newer NGXu I did occasionally get plane-related CTDs when shoehorning it into v5. 

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

19 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

So you’ll never buy a 737 again? 😮

I am a bit surprised that the PMDG 737 for v5 has not been released yet, while several other aircraft have been. I reluctantly bought the NGXu shortly after P3dv5 was released, having already owned the original NGX for P3dv4. Two months later and it has still not been released. I really hope it gets released soon, as I am sure several others do as well.

Cheers, Pete

• Upvote 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

10 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Sorry Ray, was responding to the NGXu question above yours, and then added my response thinking you were also asking about NGXu. NGX situation is, of course, different, with PMDG unfortunately deciding not to update it for Prepar3d v5.

I don't know if you've got the NGX working in v5 or not. I know some people have posted that it does work for them, using the above method, and others have had too many CTDs to make it worthwhile. Given that HF2 and future iterations of v5 move the platform further away from v4, I doubt the venerable NGX has much of a future with this sim. Even with the much newer NGXu I did occasionally get plane-related CTDs when shoehorning it into v5. 

Oz, I don’t have v5 yet. Waiting for things to settle down. I’m surprised there hasn’t been more discussion about getting the NGX to work in v5 but perhaps there are enough people who have owned the previous version long enough to consider they’ve had their money’s worth. I only bought the NGX 18 months ago.

2 minutes ago, flycln said:

So you’ll never buy a 737 again? 😮

Only if all other options have been exhausted. I object to paying twice for 90% of the same code.

• Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Only if all other options have been exhausted. I object to paying twice for 90% of the same code.

Ah, that doesn’t apply to the NGXu, got it. 

2 hours ago, flycln said:

Ah, that doesn’t apply to the NGXu, got it. 

It certainly does. What do you think the ‘u’ stands for in the name? There isn’t a real Boeing named the 737NGXu. It’s a rehash of most of the original code plus some extras which I have no need for. Hence why I’m asking if the NGX can work in v5.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

15 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It certainly does. What do you think the ‘u’ stands for in the name? There isn’t a real Boeing named the 737NGXu. It’s a rehash of most of the original code plus some extras which I have no need for. Hence why I’m asking if the NGX can work in v5.

Do you have proof of that? PMDG says it’s been developed from the ground up. I’m sure there’s some reused code but: Have you looked at the code? 

I find it quite rich of you to just proclaim stuff like this so I think you should present proof that most of the code is reused. 

Edited by flycln

7 minutes ago, flycln said:

Do you have proof of that? PMDG says it’s been developed from the ground up. I’m sure there’s some reused code but: Have you looked at the code? 

I find it quite rich of you to just proclaim stuff like this so I think you should present proof that most of the code is reused. 

I don’t need to prove anything and obviously I haven’t seen the code. I’ve looked at the list of changes and none of them interest me. I have Aivlasoft’s Electronic Flight Bag. That’s far more sophisticated than the one bundled in the PMDG offering. That’s the big addition to the ‘u’.

And whilst 4K cockpit textures would be better than those in the original they’re not worth 100 GBP. A refined flight model might be appreciated by a real-world pilot but to this home simmer with my Saitek yoke I wouldn’t know the difference. Hence why I’m interested in whether the original will work in v5.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I don’t need to prove anything and obviously I haven’t seen the code. I’ve looked at the list of changes and none of them interest me.

So you’re claiming it’s a “rehash of most of the original code” with zero evidence for that statement while PMDG says the opposite. 

Sorry, Ray, but this is just appalling. 

4 minutes ago, flycln said:

So you’re claiming it’s a “rehash of most of the original code” with zero evidence for that statement while PMDG says the opposite. 

Sorry, Ray, but this is just appalling. 

When it’s the same aircraft what are you expecting? That all existing code is discarded and they start again from scratch? Not a chance. It’s my opinion and I stand by every word.

If the NGXu had been offered to existing customers for a 50% discount I would have bought it. But charging your loyal customers the same full price as new ones was not something that endeared me to them. In fact, I cannot think of another company that has done that.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather