Sign in to follow this  
Adrian West

Question about panel buttons

Hi. 

There are several buttons on the panel and surrounding controls which need to be pushed in or out according to the situation and what the checklist requires. There are 3 on the TAWS panel, 2 fire extinguishers, the pressurisation dump button, 2 on the electrical panel, and the pusher cutout button. However there is no animation to the buttons, so it is impossible to tell whether the button is pushed in or out. It seems that clicking on the button will bring up a white bar across the button - but only if the batteries are on! So the first question is - does the white illuminated bar indicate that the button is pushed in our out? Does "pushed out" mean that the button is physically pushed out, or that the white line is extinguished? The checklists require actions on several of these buttons before the batteries are switched on! So how can you tell what is what? 

Finally, what is the pusher cutout button for? 

Thanks for your help. 

Adrian

Adrian,

The white bar indicates that the button is pushed in, no bar means it is off.

The Pusher Cutout button disables the Stall Warning Pusher System SWPS, which pushes the yoke forward in a stall.

Jorge

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Jorge

i9 10900KF 5.3 \ ASUS Maximus Hero XII \ GigaByte RTX 2080Ti GAMING OC 11GB \ 32GB G.SKILL Z DDR4 3200MHZ \ ASUS ROG 34" UHD monitor\
Samsung 950 PRO M.2 NVME 500GB C Drive \ 4 - 1TB Samsung 860 EVO \ Windows 10 PRO v2004 \ P3DV4.5 \ P3DV5 \ MSFS 2020 PD Ed. \
Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder 1600M FCS \ Saitek Pro PZ45 Throttle Quadrant \ Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Hi again.

I have just done a flight, and found that none of the buttons that I previously mentioned are illuminating when pushed in. I switched on the batteries, the GPU AVAIL sign appeared, but clicking on the button did not bring up the IN USE sign. I checked outside and the GPU was there, so the button is working, but simply isn't illuminating. When checking the emergency electrics after starting the engines, the ELEC EMER button does not illuminate when clicked.

On other occasions all of the buttons have worked correctly. But today is not the first time that the buttons have not worked. 

Any comments or suggestions? Thanks.

Adrian

Adrian,

Just tested the buttons in the stock Carenado Phenom 300, and they all work fine as long as battery switches are on.

You might be missing a gauge in your panel.cfg, or worse, in your gauges folder.

If you have an original panel.cfg backup, try loading the aircraft with that one. Installing some add-ons like a GTN750 gauge, will make a backup before overwriting your file.

Last recourse if you cannot make it work, do a clean reinstall, and try it before adding any add-ons.

Good luck,

Jorge

Regards,

Jorge

i9 10900KF 5.3 \ ASUS Maximus Hero XII \ GigaByte RTX 2080Ti GAMING OC 11GB \ 32GB G.SKILL Z DDR4 3200MHZ \ ASUS ROG 34" UHD monitor\
Samsung 950 PRO M.2 NVME 500GB C Drive \ 4 - 1TB Samsung 860 EVO \ Windows 10 PRO v2004 \ P3DV4.5 \ P3DV5 \ MSFS 2020 PD Ed. \
Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder 1600M FCS \ Saitek Pro PZ45 Throttle Quadrant \ Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Jorge,

I don't think this is a missing gauge, as this is an intermittent fault. Sometimes the buttons work fine, other times they don't. It's not a big deal, so I may try to reinstall the aircraft, or I may decide just to live with it. The only addon I have is the Navigraph extension. I don't have the GTN750. 

Adrian

Edited by Adrian West

Hi again.

I have just completely reinstalled the aircraft plus the Navigraph extension pack. I am still having problems with these buttons. The GPU IN USE sign is still not appearing. In addition I have noticed that the knobs on the PFD, MFD and GCU 477 (the ones with inner and outer knobs for COM, NAV and FMS) are not highlighting in green to show which part you are adjusting. I would wager that this is all connected to the same bug. Whilst I can get by with the bug, it is a pain, and I would prefer to have it fixed, particularly when trying to set frequencies, flight plan, etc. Please would somebody advise how this can be fixed. Is it maybe a gauge error, along the same lines of the well known take off config callout which didn't work for many (including myself) without a patched .dll from Carenado? 

Many thanks.

Adrian