Sign in to follow this  
joaoluis

After Upgr through ORBX it was terrible

After updating through ORBX it was terrible, for example, community disappeared (FSX SP2 users) what they did everything was perfect now well a nervous breakdown😈

Joao

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 4:26 PM, joaoluis said:

After updating through ORBX it was terrible

+1 !

...I don’t even use it anymore, nothing but problems. Used to be in my top 3 must haves, but now, it’s garbage.

Luke Pype

8 minutes ago, MaDDogz said:

+1 !

...I don’t even use it anymore, nothing but problems. Used to be in my top 3 must haves, but now, it’s garbage.

Can I have your //42 support ticket number?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

No, because I don’t have one. Where are you going with this?

Luke Pype

Just now, MaDDogz said:

No, because I don’t have one. Where are you going with this?

You can't just run around saying "it's garbage" if you didn't even give us a chance to help you...

http://help.parallel42.com/

• Like 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

ok, apologies, chasePlane itself is brilliant. It was amazing software before orbx got involved. You can’t help me anyway, as the software is no longer on my pc. Thanks for the offer of help though. For reasons not needed to be explained, I use nothing of orbx, and I’m not going to install central for chasePlane, and more than likely have to purchase it again, for a higher price, from a company I don’t do business with. There is a long, drawn out story behind all this, but I’m not going into again now.

• Like 1

Luke Pype

1 minute ago, MaDDogz said:

and more than likely have to purchase it again, for a higher price, from a company I don’t do business with.

If you already own it, you can transfer your license for free in a few clicks: https://parallel42.com/sim/orbx

You can't just say the software is garbage if it's you that have had issues with Orbx in the past. Things change over time... I don't know what kind of issue you've had with them but Orbx has changed a lot just in the past year.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I totally agree, I just got back into flying after a short hiatus! (New PC and didnt have time or energy to install thousands of things) The community is what made this the best! They took that away, and left us with a few "Mastered Presets" 🤣 that don't even align correctly... and in place didn't leave us tools to easily create presets, it takes ages, I can never get them perfectly symmetrical on each side of the plane, each aircraft is different I.E. NGXU/WL/SSW so you have to repeat the process (in the case of the NGXu alone) 12 times! How annoying!

• Upvote 2

On 5/20/2020 at 4:47 AM, rdibble said:

They took that away, and left us with a few "Mastered Presets" 🤣 that don't even align correctly... 

I agree, we are working on a solution to this. More on that really soon

and in place didn't leave us tools to easily create presets, it takes ages

Creating a preset is as easy as moving around and clicking the + button. Unsure how easier it could be... Also, you can import Presets from other aircraft in a few clicks. Where's the problem?

I can never get them perfectly symmetrical on each side of the plane

Ok, how can we fix that? In the Camera > Controls section you have sliders and text fields. Simply flip the X number to a positive/negative and you have a perfectly mirrored camera.

each aircraft is different I.E. NGXU/WL/SSW so you have to repeat the process (in the case of the NGXu alone) 12 times!

Not so.. you can set all your presets in the 800 and select the 800 from all the other variants using the dropdown at the top of the Presets list.

Seems to me like you simply don't know how to search for solutions to the issues you were facing.
Search YouTube for some tutorials... you'll be happier in the end.

Edited by Keven Menard

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42