Sign in to follow this  
joby33y

PMDG in VR P3D45 - blank white box 2d bug

Did this bug ever get fixed or did I miss something ?  this is when you go into PMDG virtual cockpit in VR, and you see this large, blank white 2D panel smack in the middle of your view.  The workaround was/is setting '2D transparency" to 100%.  But having just completed a 4.5 HF3 fresh start install, this bug is still there ?  Can anyone comment ?  I am surprised it's never been addressed....its been around since early 4.x cant even remember when.  I use Oculus VR. 

cheers. 

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

I don't have it anymore and I never did anything to fix it so I'm guessing it's fixed

its actually a tiny little window in the 2D view that you can expand then close out.  I think it has something to do with lights

7 hours ago, joby33y said:

Did this bug ever get fixed or did I miss something ?  this is when you go into PMDG virtual cockpit in VR, and you see this large, blank white 2D panel smack in the middle of your view.  The workaround was/is setting '2D transparency" to 100%.  But having just completed a 4.5 HF3 fresh start install, this bug is still there ?  Can anyone comment ?  I am surprised it's never been addressed....its been around since early 4.x cant even remember when.  I use Oculus VR. 

Hi,

If the "2D transparency" to 100% setting didn´t work , give this a try:

Open the aircraft's panel.cfg and find a window labeled "Light Sensor". For example in the 777 this looks like this:

//
// Light Sensor
//
[Window18]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=100,100,100
size_mm=4, 4
position=0
nomenu=1
visible=1
ident=499
zorder=99

gauge00=PMDG_777X!LightSensor, 0,   0,   4,   4

You need to add this line:

alpha_blend=0.0

after zorder=99 to make the white box disappear.

Hamilton Müller

21 hours ago, andreh said:

I don't have it anymore and I never did anything to fix it so I'm guessing it's fixed

No, its not fixed, and if it was, I wouldn't have created this post.  thanks for the guess tho.  

18 hours ago, hmuller said:

Open the aircraft's panel.cfg and find a window labeled "Light Sensor". For example in the 777 this looks like this:

Hamilton, thanks  - that's exactly what I was looking for.  I do use the 'transparency' fix, but then when I actually _do_ need a 2D panel (outside of VR, for configuring w&b or aircraft setup etc), I forget that the transparency is max'd out, causing some windows to not appear at all.  What a pain.  

I will incorporate the change into the panel.cfg today.  I am going to do it for the 777 and the 737u.  

cheers & thanks

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

4 hours ago, joby33y said:

I will incorporate the change into the panel.cfg today.  I am going to do it for the 777 and the 737u.  

cheers & thanks

I´m glad it helped!  👍

• Like 1

Hamilton Müller

15 hours ago, joby33y said:

No, its not fixed, and if it was, I wouldn't have created this post.  thanks for the guess tho.

Strange, though. Because I used to have the problem and I used to undock the window in the upper left corner to get rid of it, and now I don't I don't have to do that anymore. No 'permanent' solution ever applied. Could indicate that something is not updated on your part? All PMDG birds the lastest version? I'm only flying thr NGXu and the 747. The 777 might not be fixed as it has not had an update from PMDG in a long time

Also, dude. There's no need for the snarky, sarcastic tone. I'm just trying to help. You asked if it got "got fixed". I answered. Not the answer you wanted, obviously, but the fact that I don't have it anymore, while I used to, can indicate that it may be fixed. So I would suggest checking if your PMDG birds are updated to the latest versions. Then that you have the latest P3D hotfix installed.

Edited by andreh
  • Like 1