Sign in to follow this  
djbully

Flight1 KingAir B200

Hi All, 

Anyone had any luck getting this bird to work in P3D V5? 

I feel like i'm getting close but it's just not quite there..... I posted this on Simforums but was shut down rather abruptly.....   🤔 

If the KA is installed via the normal install method. It does install. You can load into the the plane, but there are no Virtual Cockpit textures. However other than that it does seem to work, you can ctrl-E start and take off. Just no VC textures. 

I tried installing via the add-on.xml method. Install to dummy folder F:\P3D Addons\Flight1

I setup all the components in add-on.xml. SimObject/Airplanes - Effects - Etc. Not sure what to do with the Navigraph folder or dll's.

When I start P3D it complains about a missing dll, and it cant find some sound files, but it does actually load the plane and the VC textures ARE visible. Again I can ctrl-E and start & take off. However now the G1000 and various cockpit switch's don't work. 

Is there a way to install this properly with add-on.xml? Do I need a dll.xml or something? How do I get it to see the Navigraph with add-on.xml? 

Any ideas anyone? 

Cheers,
            Bully. 😷

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

did you attempt to add the path to the dll on the  add-on xml  for it in the V5 add-ons folder?

Did you try to put the navigraph folder inside the root v5?

You can get an xml editor from guru3d  (or some other freEware site)

Edited by peppy197

@vgbaron Apologies.... Thanks for sorting it out :) 

@peppy197 Thank you, yes I did give the path to the DLL's in the add-on.xml. There were 3 altogether, I think. I did not put navigraph in the root P3D folder, though. Thank you for the suggestion :) I will try that this evening. 

Cheers 

Bully.

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

Good luck going forward.

I have tried to install it both ways with no success.

Was kind of shocked at the terse reply on the F1 forums as well.

I won't be buying any more of their products in the future...

Thanks for your efforts.

• Like 1

@peppy197@Gpan099

Thanks, I had another go last night. I copied the Navigraph folder to P3D root folder and you need to move the Gauges folder also. It will load up like this, but it's still missing the VC textures. I have given up for now on this one. Thank you all for your assistance, but this bird won't be flying in v5 anytime soon. Not without an updated installer anyway. 

I was also shocked by their somewhat un-welcoming response, and yes, i'll be thinking long and hard before I purchase another of their products. 

Thanks anyway, Happy Flying 🙂

Bully.

thanks for the update I almost bought that toy

For now I am enjoying  flights with Real Air Duke well set up for V5 install at no extra costs.

with ORBX Base and Open LC for NA I am really enjoying V5. ASP3D works fine for me with these short flights, but anything over 220 nm  the weather is not reproduced anymore

Edited by peppy197
  • Like 1

No worries 🙂

But yes, RealAir stuff is awesome and working no worries. It's not even supported anymore, unlike the B200 .....