So initially I purchsed a Honeycomb yoke. Went through 3 before settling on the 4th due to serious QC issues. Each of the defective yokes DID have very smooth inputs though and no jitter on any axis. Purchased the Thrustmaster Rudder pedals to hold me over till Honeycomb releases theirs.

After the first couple uses, the rudder pedals all of a sudden had ridiculously jittery inputs. Went through all the troubleshooting everyone recommended. Drivers installation, plugging in the pedals in a certain order. No luck. Then this morning, I plugged them in one more time before I was to put them in the box and return them, I went into the device manager and clicked configuration, bam, no jitter. Jumped in xp11 settings and also no jitter. 

Later I went to hook up my yoke to do some pilot edge with my CFI. Jitter is back. Plugged in my honeycomb yoke, now there is jitter on the yoke as well (pitch only). 

I'm guessing its a driver issue, but I've tried everything I could think of and every suggestion I could find concerning the pedals (manual/ forums). I thought the pedals were defective until they worked this morning randomly, and now I'm pretty sure it's a pc side issue. I'm at a loss and my brain is fried. 

Any help?

Using a GL703gs windows 10, everything is up to date.

Very obvious that your issues are not the flight control devices but instead something about your system. Not sure what to suggest.  Similar issue with multiple devices from multiple sources seems to eliminate a specific driver.  Do you have settings duplicated in perhaps the simulator and in a third party interface such as FSUIPC or SpadNext?

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

How are the controllers connected? Connecting a lot of controllers through unpowered USB hubs has been the source of a number of problems. Most of which have some variation of controllers spiking, dropping out, etc. 

I definitely agree with fppilot that your system is very suspicious with the same issue across multiple units and brands. 

Eric Szczesniak

25 minutes ago, raspysquares said:

Went through 3 before settling on the 4th due to serious QC issues.

What QC issues did you experience?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

@DaveCT2003 Very loose trim switches, ethernet jack on panel very loosely mounted, very uneven tensions on roll axis. Differing tensions on pitch per unit. All defective yokes were from Gulf Coast Avionics in florida via amazon. 4th most correct yoke was ordered from mypilotsupply.com(arizona I think).

All I have are the yoke and the pedals plugged directly into the pc, no hub. Did not have issues after first plugging the devices in together. No 3rd party software. I'm going to reinstall the OS or just the entire driver suite and see what happens.

Edited by raspysquares

1 hour ago, ESzczesniak said:

Connecting a lot of controllers through unpowered USB hubs has been the source of a number of problems.

That appears to be a problem if and only if the settings for Advanced Power Management are not disabled.  Control Manager, Device Management, Human Interface Devices.  Then identify flight controls in the list of devices.  May need to unplug and replug each one to identify.  Then click on Properties, then Advanced, then uncheck power management.

I previously had issues with USB flight controllers until I learned about this.  Understanding how to manage them, I can connect to USB, even 3.0, without issue, no matter now many USB flight controllers I plug into one hub. 

May not be the OP's ultimate issue, but bears pointing out.  

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

26 minutes ago, raspysquares said:

@fppilot I checked those settings, on or off doesn't seem to matter. Reinstalling drivers.

Do not ignore to reduce to one set of settings.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS 

4 hours ago, raspysquares said:

Reinstalling drivers.

I don't know what drivers you're resinstalling, there should be no need to install anything for basic functionality. From your initial description it seems you may be plugging/unplugging your yoke between flights. I don't know how XP11 repsonds to this but FSX and P3D will reassign functions automatically to the buttons ans axes if you do this. Pehaps XP does something similar. Your description certainly sounds like you have conflicting analogue axis assignments. You might also try with another sim to see if XP is at fault.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

On 5/19/2020 at 7:57 AM, MarkDH said:

I don't know how XP11 repsonds to this but FSX and P3D will reassign functions automatically to the buttons ans axes if you do this.

FSX certainly doesn't do this for me. I unplug my joystick every time after I close FSX and plug it in before I start and have never had a problem. I can imagine that it may cause a problem if you plug it in whilst FSX is running. With the software closed, assuming that you always plug into the same USB port, how could it possibly know what was happening with your hardware?

Edited by vortex681

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

2 hours ago, vortex681 said:

FSX certainly doesn't do this for me. I unplug my joystick every time after I close FSX and plug it in before I start and have never had a problem. I can imagine that it may cause a problem if you plug it in whilst FSX is running. With the software closed, assuming that you always plug into the same USB port, how could it possibly know what was happening with your hardware?

Let's stay focused on the issue, which is that if the sim has auto-assigned mappings it may have created duplicates. (You may also have missed that I said 'between flights'.) And BTW, I'm pretty sure that plugging a USB device into the same port doesn't guarantee that Windows will enumerate it identically each time. I think this is why FSUIPC has the 'joynames' feature.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

Well I some how got myself into a critical process died situation. Wiped my C drive and did a clean win10 install and configuration. No issues anymore with hardware.

Plug n play.

On a second note, X plane 11 beta 9 "customize weather" button is not working, only slider. Cannot install plugins either. That's a topic for another thread.

• Upvote 1

Ok, so I've learned a few things. The customize weather buttons requires me to switch to windowed mode, then back to full screen to work.

Back to the jitter. So after everything was reset, did plenty of flying, no issues, yoke works great, pedals work great.

I go to finish installing a couple games and add some scenery back into x plane.

This, I think, is where all of the problems have come. I installed Valorant. I've read stuff about the vanguard anti cheat software that is installed with valorant affecting computer functions. I installed valorant and played one game with a friend. Went back to x plane after, rebooted, then turned off vanguard anti cheat. Went to plug in my controllers (same way I did before valorant, pedals first then the yoke) then bam. Jitter is back. 

I've since removed the program and vanguard cheat from my pc. Still have the jitter. From what I'm reading there is alot vanguard can mess up.

Thoughts?

16 hours ago, MarkDH said:

And BTW, I'm pretty sure that plugging a USB device into the same port doesn't guarantee that Windows will enumerate it identically each time.

I didn’t say it guaranteed it. However, I’ve had experience in the past with Windows recognising the same joystick as a new one if plugged in to a different USB port. Even if the chances of this happening are small, why risk it?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

2 hours ago, vortex681 said:

I didn’t say it guaranteed it. However, I’ve had experience in the past with Windows recognising the same joystick as a new one if plugged in to a different USB port. Even if the chances of this happening are small, why risk it?

Without wanting this to become an internet pedantry war, you asked 'how could FSX possibly know' you have disconnected and reconnected a USB device while it wasn't running, and I told you. I can't make sense of your last question.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg