Sign in to follow this  
Michael Minuck III

LINDA and VR Insight Instrument Radio Stack [answered]

Hi! Sorry if I'm asking in the wrong area, but I've looked and can't seem to find an answer. When I read that LINDA was a replacement for VrInsight's serial drivers, I was excited, hoping to be able to use my old hardware. I have the Instrument Radio Stack from VR Insight. I have LINDA properly installed. LINDA recognizes the Instrument Radio Stack as an MCP Combo, and not as what it actually is. So I'm not sure if I can properly map the buttons and displays. The radio stack is not listed under the Joysticks setup. Can anyone possibly help me get this setup using Linda? I use P3D V3. I'll also add that the radio stack works fine using the vrinsight software on default aircraft. However, I use A2A's C172 and it does not work. Thanks in advance.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Hi Michael

LINDA was designed to work with the VRi Combo MCP panels (all 3 versions) only. It still uses the original VRi FDTI USB to serial drivers at a system interface level and then allows users to assign functions to the buttons and knobs.

It will also work with any device that behaves like a joystick HID device. Unfortunately LINDA does not interface with other VRi products like the CDU, overhead and radio stack. Without access to the hardware the is no possibility of investigating adding such equipment to LINDA. 

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thanks for your reply. Looks like I"m at the point where I'm going to try and sell the unit and look for different hardware. I'm sure there are ways to make it fully function, but I'm not that tech savy. Thanks again for the timely response.

I use the Logitech/Saitek Radio / Multi / Switch panel with LINDA. I would be pushed to integrate other VRi devices as they use a bespoke command and response system which has to be read by specific software. As I said I would need to get my hands on to investigate further.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew