Sign in to follow this  
VBV071

ASP3D network issues

Hi Guys,

After 2 days of trying and searching I can't figure out why ActiveSky doesn't work over the network.

I've tried everything written in the manual

i have tripple checked all of the shared folders and checked all the user rights.

i have uninstalled it and installed it several times with the same result everytime.

i can start op ASP3D and i see there is a addon entry in the add on manager from P3D

but ASP3D wont load up in P3D and there is no ActiveSky present in the Addon menu at the top ribbon of P3D

also at the starting menu it wont let me choose a ActiveSky wheater theme 

and ASP3D says: Waiting for the simulater.

this thing drives me crazy and im wondering what i am doing wrong

does anybody here have it working over the network and can point me in the right direction

Thanks in advance

Steve

Did you install asp3d connect onto the sim pc,firewalls and av off to see if it works

Edited by suchw

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

6 minutes ago, VBV071 said:

Hi Guys,

After 2 days of trying and searching I can't figure out why ActiveSky doesn't work over the network.

I've tried everything written in the manual

i have tripple checked all of the shared folders and checked all the user rights.

i have uninstalled it and installed it several times with the same result everytime.

i can start op ASP3D and i see there is a addon entry in the add on manager from P3D

but ASP3D wont load up in P3D and there is no ActiveSky present in the Addon menu at the top ribbon of P3D

also at the starting menu it wont let me choose a ActiveSky wheater theme 

and ASP3D says: Waiting for the simulater.

this thing drives me crazy and im wondering what i am doing wrong

does anybody here have it working over the network and can point me in the right direction

Thanks in advance

Steve

Its a common problem and there is a thread here 

https://forums.hifisimtech.com/threads/waiting-for-simulator.12018/

I also have the issue 

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Strange mine works fine on a network all bar the CTD ASP is generateing in some locations.

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Did you make sure you setup the sharing options for p3d addons like this? This is what i had problems with, need to make sure its on full control.

eWD3GwA.jpg

Yes i have shared it with read/write

but i have to double check the full control option

thanks for the tip....i will get back to you

yesterday i checked all the folders for "Full control" but without any results for ASP3D