Sign in to follow this  
roland_lfor

P4AO - Import groups from SCE?

Hello, 

I think I have read somewhere that last P4AO version is able to import Groups from SceneryConfigEditor.

I'm unable to find this function, is it only in my brain?

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

46 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

'm unable to find this function, is it only in my brain?

This is not a separate functionality. It happens "automatically" when you import a scenery.cfg that was previously handled by SCE with groups.

Import of a scenery.cfg is on the "Backup/Recovery" tab.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thanks Oliver.

As the scenery.cfg initially loaded by P4AO was containing SCE groups and those groups were not shown in group list, I was a bit lost, sorry.

Edited by roland_lfor

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

45 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

As the scenery.cfg initially loaded by P4AO was containing SCE groups and those groups were not shown in group list, I was a bit lost, sorry.

In normal operation P4AO is only showing you the scenery.cfg, it doesn't "import" it. In this case it doesn't care if there are any data items that aren't part of the simulator specification. And those will be gone anyway when you "Save" in P4AO.

Theoretically, when you still have an old scenery.cfg, you can import that and retrieve the groups - if the scenery config is reasonably similar. The scenery areas in it are imported into a separate package, and you can just delete that package afterwards.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI