Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

Texan over IDAHO

Thanks to a recent (PC-21) post, I was reminded (again) to pick up (a few planes), including this Texan T-6B/T-6C, from IRIS (their on-going and extremely generous) $0 offers. And, I'd also, owned, for sometime, the MSE IDAHO, but had never got to install it, so, I did install this photo-scenery, today, to pair with my Texan.

Idaho is a northwestern U.S. state, known for its beautiful mountainous landscapes. It's located, bordered by Washington and Oregon to its West, and Montana and Wyoming to its East. From Rivers to Canyons, Idaho is a rugged state of great beauty. My only exposure to the state was a visit to its capital city of Boise, but, not much more. So, here I/we go, on a flight from Boise (KBOI), in the South, to the city of Coeur d'Alene, ~375 miles in the North. Coeur d'Alene is named after the People, who lived along the rivers and lakes of the region. They were first encountered by French fur traders in the late 18th and early 19th century, who gave them this name.

It's worthy of note, IDAHO, played a significant role in the extraordinary (1804-1806) expedition of Lewis and Clark in their westward discovery - all the way to the Pacific Ocean. [Side Note: If you are from another part of the world, have never heard (or not familiar with it), you may wish to explore it a bit (or, as I'd done, maybe, read an "abridged" and "annotated" version of it, which could be also, btw, quite a long account...!) or just view a short 40 min DVD of it...🙂...(it was a decent one, I recall) from National Geographic.......]

Anyway, the famous Bitterroot mountain branches of Rockies, in IDAHO, that Lewis and Clark had to cross (some of the worst and most dangerous terrains of their entire route), are located to the State's north-eastern edge...so this flight will track eastward from Boise (look for the right-bank of the Texan, after gears-up...), and fly over much of this mountain range, to Lake Coeur d'Alene (one "Top-Down" shot of the Lake, included below). Finally, we land on KCOE's north-easterly runway (FSX provides ILS guidance, but, my touch-down (especially the last ~200 feet or so), was less than perfect)...it was going well, not sure what happened...oh well...(need more practice with this plane, I guess)...

The "Flight Assist" window (see pop-up insert in a couple of shots) provides minimal autopilot functions for the aircraft.  IRIS says, "Whilst we understand that the actual aircraft doesn’t feature an autopilot, we found a number of our customers (did they read my mind??) requesting it for their longer flights. The autopilot functions when turned on, will attempt to hold the current settings, such as aircraft altitude, heading etc.". So, (yours truly) pilot surely has made good use of it on this VFR flight...to reduce my (purely imaginary) cockpit workload...🙂...

Hope you enjoy the images, below, from this tour (along with pictures of this "peppy" little plane). Thanks for viewing. Good rest of the week!

[IRIS (Texan T-6), MSE (IDAHO), REX]

zFPoR9.png

OBhNRs.png

oltXBq.png

y3eXZV.png

rYHHhA.png

Z9OZoJ.png

r0LuJz.png

NK5rCu.png

FKK5wu.png

G5iSGA.png

ptCjTB.png

fTV2kB.png

lfHT6E.png

zVWwwn.png

UShRCp.png

WovagE.png

MNGdNc.png

JwOG8T.png

VTDVtZ.png

bGF9jm.png

Edited by P_7878
  • Like 2

The Texan and MSE Idaho look great in your shots!

• Like 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I had uninstalled the Texan because I didn´t feel its handling as comfortable as the PC-21. Now your pictures made reinstall the plane.

• Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

That Texan II is a great plane. I can't believe they gave it away for free. 

• Like 1

Pugilist: Thanks!! Yes, the duo (the Texan and the scenery) seem to complement each other, here...!

Luis: Appreciated the comments....I've always had a fondness for the Texans (both T-6 and this T-6 II)...so, this freeware appealed to me. Hope you do get some use (and fun) out of it....(after re-install)...🙂...!!

Rightseat: Agree...looks like, it's, indeed, a great plane (and a competent military trainer), in RW..!! Here, this SIM, flies well...and, if/as needed, once the HDG/ALT buttons are enabled, the respective parameter values can then be controlled via its UFCP SYS page (or by adding a simple Autopilot panel)...for easy flying...