• 500 to 1,000 hours
    • 1,000 to 1,500 hours
    • 1,500 to 3,000 hours
    • 3,000 to 5,000 hours
    • 5,000 to 10,000 hours
    • 10,000 to 20,000 hours
    • 20,000+ hours

Hey guys and gals,

Just curious, how many flight sim hours does everyone have? I don't know overall, I've been flight simming back to MS98, but since I bought P3D about a year ago I have a total of just over 100 hours.

I'm counting my hours for FSX, P3Dv2 and P3Dv4.  If I counted up everything since subLogic on the Apple ][ it would be well over 20k.

Still got about 12,000 hours since getting FSX.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

As someone who loves to track and analyze data, I kick myself for having not kept my logbooks from various flight sims over the years (decades) starting with FS5.  My guess is that I must be in the 5k-10k category, if not the 10k-20k category.  

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Amazing! I never thought we'd have people above 20k. Is that "fast-forwarded" hours, or straight up, sitting in a chair every minute hours?

This is really interesting!

Lots of time acceleration at cruise in my case.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

46 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

Hey guys and gals,

Just curious, how many flight sim hours does everyone have? I don't know overall, I've been flight simming back to MS98, but since I bought P3D about a year ago I have a total of just over 100 hours.

Since 1985?  I have no idea how many hours.  I don't even think in those terms.  A googolplex maybe?

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I've only used time compression twice.  Once for a couple of game hours on the ground to time how long it took the ice that had forced me to land to dissipate, and once in FSEconomy when I wanted to ferry my Goose from Alaska to Texas.

In the last 2500 hours or so I've only used autopilot a few times and only on the A2A Constellation.

Hook

• Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Is this "hours in the plane" or "hours under the hood tweaking config and AFD files, adding AI planes and flightplans, and removing stray autogen trees from airport aprons"?

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Is this "hours in the plane" or "hours under the hood tweaking

Cruel but true.-

As a real world comparison I’ve been flying since 1990 , so 30 years. The last 23 in long haul and I have somewhere in the region of 18K

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

35 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Is this "hours in the plane" or "hours under the hood tweaking config and AFD files, adding AI planes and flightplans, and removing stray autogen trees from airport aprons"?

Flight hours. 

In FSX I know I had the 7500 badge, I'm pretty sure I never got the 10,000 one.  I log all my flight hours and P3Dv2 has 973.6 and P3Dv4 currently has 1669.7.  No less than 11,000 hours total, probably more.

Even sailing in Vehicle Simulator has 2465.7 and that's since April 2017.

I couldn't begin to guess how many hours I've spent tweaking, not FSX/P3D but various aircraft.  I put a lot of hours into a repaint as well.

It's nice being retired. 😄

Hook

Larry Hookins

Sub logic, MS3,4,5,6,7,8,9, FS1998, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX, P3D 1,2,3,4+, XP11+ (1983-2020)

Red Baron, couple versions, Rise of Flight as well.

From Apple and Atari to PCs.  Frigging bizillions flying, another bizillion messing about with tweaks, fixes, another bizillion doing reinstalls, another bizillion making my own scenery addons and other addons for freeware uploads and personal use.

Who the heck knows. 

Bryan (flysimguy)

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Add:  Pro Pilot, Fly!, and ATP..  🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bert

I’m adding my hours from Air Combat Emulator (ACE), but will not count those obtained via Blue Max or Choplifter.

Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."