• 100 to 500 hours
    • 500 to 1,000 hours
    • 1,000 to 1,500 hours
    • 1,500 to 3,000 hours
    • 3,000 to 5,000 hours
    • 5,000 to 10,000 hours
    • 10,000 to 20,000 hours
    • 20,000+ hours

Gosh, I don't know. I started flight simming back in the early 1980's on a Timex Sinclair 1000, then on the original Microsoft Flight Simulator on a Commodore 64, and then FS and other sims on an Amiga, and FS, Pro Pilot, Fly!, ATP, etc. on MS-DOS and Windows machines from then on. I'm pretty sure that I've owned every version of Flight Simulator--definitely owned every version of Prepar3d.

With a conservative guess of 5 hours per week for 37 years, the total is almost 10,000 hours. The true number is probably a little over that.

Interesting question!

• Like 1

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

41 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Add:  Pro Pilot, Fly!, and ATP..  🙂

All three of those are included in my hours, and subLogic's Flight Assignment: ATP still accounts for more of my hours than FSX.  That due to the very first virtual airlines, SunAir, founded on the Prodigy service back in 1992, continued on Compuserve after the demise of Prodigy, and now still active on the internet.

image.png.e3e119b4bfbd4886723b4b43fb7b8ef2.png

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Microsoft CFS, CFS 2 and CFS 3.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Started in 1983 and every release since, so impossible to know how many hours after 37 years. One thing for certain it has always been there for me through thick and thin

Anyone on here remember CompuServe GO FSFORUM 😀

Edited by Matthew Kane
  • Upvote 1

Matthew Kane

Gosh, I remember the old SunAir too. And Flight Assignment: ATP. I've accumulated nearly 15,000 hours in the last six years. All with no time acceleration. So wouldn't have a clue how many since the early 80's!

• Like 1

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

I start flight sim from 2002, but only when 2010 I start to log my time by FSP in FS9 only, at that time, I also occasionally fly FSX and XP (and some combat sim then).

After all 4 pilot entry in FSP goes over 1000h, in 2018, I went to P3Dv4, and after half year, I finally got FSC for my FSP replacement, now it logs more than 1000h then.

That send my "logged hour" over 5000, I think I'm in the 5000~10000 region then.

My Logged Level-D Full flight Simulator hour is 28h, but I have about 10 more hours unlogged on those machines😜

If only the FAA would recognize my skills and give me something for them so I can fly a real airliner!!😁😁

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Steam reports me 212 hours in FSX. I guess at least 180 were since I purchased my laptop 8 months ago. I didn't keep any logs for FS9 since I started flying in 2005. By rule of 3, make it 3500-4000 hours flown.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Steam says I currently have more than 1700 hours on FSX, but as some have said, that will include tweaking and test takeoffs (not necessarily a landing afterwards!) etc.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)