Sign in to follow this  
Spickle763

Editing responses to commands

Hello,

I have been using MCE with the PMDG NGXu the past few weeks, and have had a great experience customizing everything to my specific airline. However, I would like to change the responses to certain commands. For example, when I command "landing gear up" I would like the FO to respond "Positive rate, gear up" instead of the default "landing gear going up" then "landing gear up and secure". I have tried creating a voxscript titled "landing gear up" with "positive rate, gear up" as the response, but it gets caught in a loop and I have to restart MCE to get out of it. I would also like to edit the flaps responses, to "flaps 1" "flaps 5" etc.

Does anyone have any idea how to accomplish this?

Steve Pickle

3 hours ago, Spickle763 said:

Hello,

I have been using MCE with the PMDG NGXu the past few weeks, and have had a great experience customizing everything to my specific airline. However, I would like to change the responses to certain commands. For example, when I command "landing gear up" I would like the FO to respond "Positive rate, gear up" instead of the default "landing gear going up" then "landing gear up and secure". I have tried creating a voxscript titled "landing gear up" with "positive rate, gear up" as the response, but it gets caught in a loop and I have to restart MCE to get out of it. I would also like to edit the flaps responses, to "flaps 1" "flaps 5" etc.

Does anyone have any idea how to accomplish this?

Welcome aboard Spickle763

Built-in commands always take precedence over custom ones.

Could achieve your goal for this particular purpose, especially if you always fly the same plane. However, would need to override the "gear up" and "gear down" commands as follows.

In MCE user interface, general tab, click <More options> button.

In "advanced options" panel, click <view config>

mce.ini config file will open in Notepad

Under [OPTIONS] section, change "UseAlternateGrammar=0" to "UseAlternateGrammar=1"

Restart MCE.

By now, MCE would have loaded a different speech grammar that has no concept of "gear up" and "gear down".

In Voxscript panel, create custom command "gear up"

Once listed, select it and click <Edit>

In next panel, you would normally want option "Verbose" enabled so you can hear whatever Fo speech follows that command. Switch it off for this purpose

Click <Edit script commands>

In "Edit script commands" panel, click <Command> button and add one of the other built-in speech variants intended for retracting the gear. Example "retract gear".

That will get Fo retracting gear and silently since "Verbose" option is off.

Click <Notify> button to add speech you want to hear "positive rate gear up".

You could even add other actions like disarming spoilers or other things as per your airline SOPs.

Don't forget to save.

Do the same with "gear down" command. Create custom "gear down" flow and teach Fo how to react to it.

Downside with alternate grammar, if you'e switching planes, you'd have to define "gear up" and "gear down" for each.

Or, could move those flows, "gear up.vscr" and "gear down.vscr"  to \My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\Myvoicescripts\Copilot\Aircraft\All\ folder, so that they apply to all aircraft.

By default, custom flows you create go into  \My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\Myvoicescripts\Copilot\Aircraft\whatever_aircraft_variant\ folder