Sign in to follow this  
Larry Peterman

Warning to other simmers on X-ROTORS AW 139

I purchased a program from this company months ago, somehow guess wasnt supposed to be able to at the time as the build was not complete... been in contact with the company for months now, MONTHS!!!!! I wanted the heli added to X plane 11... they asked how i was even able to purchase the program as the build was not yet complete... I obviously did not have this answer and answered with think thats a question for yall not me... I actually ended up purchasing 2 programs in total. This started back in 12/21/2019 and second order was 12/29/2019... so here is may of 2020 and finally get response and they did refund one of the orders... which i was good with, asked approx when was gona be released to make decision on refunding or let one of the ordered ride... here is the reply email I received... only written this as, as a customer this is craziness, and a business owner this is way outa line... Not able to attaché the actual email word for word this is there response after asking how long it would be before realease as this would determine if i was gona want a refund or be willing to ride it out... 

“Listen, I think that asking this now isnt fair at all! You have bought the product! Twice!

I have refunded you one already but really am not going to convince you to keep the other one!

If you don’t understand how good it is, then leave the simulators and get back to Super Mario.

For sure I am not fixing you any eta!

i was pretty astonishing that i got any kind of response like that from a company at all, very unprofessional and beyond rude... 

hope this is ok to post with moderator and admins if not please inform what did wrong as i do think very important for fellow simmers to be informed of who they give their hard earned money to... this was a bad deal from the start and just got worse

I just removed all 12 of the posts following the OPs original post here, as not one...nope, not a single one...had anything to do with the topic.

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

There are always two sides to a story.

I don´t have the AW 139, so I can not attest to it´s status, but looking at their website and their changelog

https://www.x-rotors.com/changelog/aw139/

it looks like the helicopter is working in X-Plane 11 and the last update was in mid- 2019. You purchased end of 2019 so should have that version, the next pending update is looking to be just small improvements.

There is always debate on what a "finished" product is. Some people expect a flawless, fully featured product without bugs or shortcoming. I would argue that in software this is rather the lucky exception. I have not had a single piece of software in my posession since I bought my Commodore 64 in 1984 that was without flaw.

The customer is not always right - there is a certain line that a vendor has to draw. No shirt, no shoes, no service. 😆

Before buying any product these days I would always research some info on it first. The internet is full of reviews, opinions and youtube streams and it is more easy than ever to form an opinion. There have been very mixed reviews of this helicopter in the beginning, things may have improved since the early days.

Not sure why you would even buy the helicopter two times, that part of your story doesn´t add up.

Jan

Edited by Janov
  • Upvote 4