Sign in to follow this  
Aviator_Kevin_HD

Loading Database in the Carenado ATR 72-500

Dear Community,

Today I bought the Carenado ATR 72-500,after the Installation as an Administrator and turning my antivirus Software off I went into the Simulator to discover the plane. After I spawned I saw an FMC Message "Loading Database" which didn't disappear. I read that I should add some lines in the Lockheed Martin AppData File with these lines:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
    <Descr>Launch</Descr>
    <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad
        <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Carenavigraph</Name>
<Path>.\Carenavigraphx64.dll</Path>
        </Launch.Addon>
        </SimBase.Document>

After trying that it still didn't work,then I tried to add a file from a developer,and it also didn't work. I tried many fixes but this message is still there.

May someone help me please?

Regards,

Kevin

Bump. I am having exactly the same issue. Running P3D v5.

Christopher Allan

On 5/20/2020 at 5:16 AM, Crossair_Pilot_Kevin said:

Dear Community,

Today I bought the Carenado ATR 72-500,after the Installation as an Administrator and turning my antivirus Software off I went into the Simulator to discover the plane. After I spawned I saw an FMC Message "Loading Database" which didn't disappear. I read that I should add some lines in the Lockheed Martin AppData File with these lines:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
    <Descr>Launch</Descr>
    <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
    <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad
        <Launch.Addon>
        </Launch.Addon>
        </SimBase.Document>

After trying that it still didn't work,then I tried to add a file from a developer,and it also didn't work. I tried many fixes but this message is still there.

May someone help me please?

Regards,

Kevin

Kevin -  this is what worked for me. Go to %ProgramData%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v...(whatever version yours is) and open the dll.xml with a text editor.  I added the following lines to the end just before </SimBase.Document> which should be the very bottom line:

<Launch.Addon>
    </Launch.Addon>

I saved it, opened the sim, and now the Carenado Navigraph database works as it should. I hope this helps. This is very similar to what you did but with the "other" dll.xml. I'm not sure what the difference is between them or why your fix didn't work. I'm using P5D and there is no dll.xml in the AppData folder, only the ProgramData folder.

Cheers

Edited by X24
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Allan

I edited this dll.xml as you said and reloaded p3d v5.1 and" loading data base" is still there.

Is there anything else I am missing?

thanks

Paul 

• Like 1

I have the same issue. I upgraded to the latest version of P3D v5. I haven't used the Carenado aircraft since updating to v5 and have reinstalled all my purchases. When I load the ATR 72 I get the loading database message and it never goes away. Shift 8 shows that the database is not loading at all.

I have tied inserting the information provided here and by Carenado into dll.xml with no change, the database still doesn't load.

Is there something else to get this to work?

Without this there isn't a GPS.

Doug

• Like 1

I tried the above fix and still get database loading. I have P3D V5 latest version. Has Carenado issued a fix for V5?  I spent $45 for this aircraft and cannot use it. very frustrating.

Is there any real fix or update available out there to fix the FMS?

Thanks

Kevin

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 12:33 PM, X24 said:

Kevin -  this is what worked for me. Go to %ProgramData%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v...(whatever version yours is) and open the dll.xml with a text editor.  I added the following lines to the end just before </SimBase.Document> which should be the very bottom line:

<Launch.Addon>
    </Launch.Addon>

I saved it, opened the sim, and now the Carenado Navigraph database works as it should. I hope this helps. This is very similar to what you did but with the "other" dll.xml. I'm not sure what the difference is between them or why your fix didn't work. I'm using P5D and there is no dll.xml in the AppData folder, only the ProgramData folder.

Cheers

Thanks! It worked for me with P3Dv5.4.

Hamilton Müller