Sign in to follow this  
ttbq1

QW 787 V1.3 is out!!

I’m away from my gaming PC (for a week or so unfortunately) could someone confirm 

1) the 3 degree line on HUD on approach is no longer moving with the bank of the plane and stays parallel with the horizon

2) when you have the VSD on the ND, at the lowest range scale - the scale at the bottom should read 0, 2.5, 5, 7.5, 10nm (the 7.5 number used to say 8, and once I saw it I couldn’t un-see it....)

Minor issues I know but it probably 2 things that really bugged me a bit.

Thanks!

Edited by silentghostx

Chen Chen

MSFS: FENIX A320 / PMDG 737 / FBW A32NX / WT 787-10

NZAA 

The default gauge refresh rate is 18/sec in the QW787.cfg file.   Perhaps change it up but of course the consequences may be decreased performance. You may find a sweet spot for your setup. Worse case, put it back to default. 

Source is the manual pg 411

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

@silentghostx

On 2) - that is as you want - 7.5

On 1) - how do you enable the -3 degree line

• Like 1

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

4 hours ago, Chock said:

Better get used to that shape if you like airliners. It is the most efficient one aerodynamically for a subsonic airliner; a design profile which minimises surface area to reduce friction drag, but affords a good forward and downward view for the pilots. That being so, and because these days things tend to be designed using computer analysis for the shape, you can expect most new airliner designs which fly sub-sonic, to employ that profile because it is the one which works best.

Ironically enough though, long before all that computer analysis malarkey, when designers had to actually build models and test them in wind tunnels, DeHavilland engineers determined that was the best aerodynamic shape, so that's why their DH.106 Comet ended up looking that way, and of course in a (pre-Airbus) Anglo-French collaboration, Sud Aviation used the DeHavilland findings for their own Caravelle design, which shares the front end structure as the Comet. So at least from the front end, those two airliners were very much ahead of their time.

Luckily the A350 isn't nearly as ugly and actually looks pretty good. 😉

(And I don't generally prefer Airbus over Boeing or the other way around. It's just the 787 that is hideous.)

Edited by flycln

54 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

The default gauge refresh rate is 18/sec in the QW787.cfg file.   Perhaps change it up but of course the consequences may be decreased performance. You may find a sweet spot for your setup. Worse case, put it back to default. 

Source is the manual pg 411

You can change it higher but max is 18 regardless of higher value. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

13 hours ago, Quasimodo said:

Funny it doesn't say anything on the QualityWings website about it being updated to Preapr3D V5 or on the F1 purchase agent. I might buy it once I see it in print.

Aha, I found it:

Prepar3D v5 Compatibility

• The latest installers support installation into Prepar3D v5.
  • Please note that for this new platform, our 787 comes with BETA versions of TrueGlass and RealLight.
  • You may experience problems with flickering or corrupted textures when reloading the plane.
  • A permanent fix is currently in the works. As soon as a solution is available we will of course provide you with an update.

Developer stated in their forum that they improved it. Go to their forum and search for yourself.

Edited by B777ER
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

if you are talking about the scrolling of the altitude and speed ticker yes it's improved.  Is it as good as say the NGXu or others. No.  But is it much better.  Yes. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

Developer stated in their forum that they improved it. Go to their forum and search for yourself.

I never said they didn't. I was just looking for where they said in the store it was P3D V5 Compatible and that's what it said.

That piece of info is copied and pasted straight form the F1 Purchase agent.

3 minutes ago, Quasimodo said:

I never said they didn't. I was just looking for where they said in the store it was P3D V5 Compatible and that's what it said.

That piece of info is copied and pasted straight form the F1 Purchase agent.

i agree.  You would think one of the most complained about things would be mentioned if improved.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

20 hours ago, Mr_LoL said:

Is anyone else missing some cockpit textures in V5?

It's still beta.  There's numerous issues with the v5 version. 

Alas I'm looking forward to flying it tomorrow on v5 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

15 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Where are people seeing the improvements in the gauge refresh rates/animations? On my install, it looks as atrocious as ever. Video showing what I mean: https://streamable.com/tiio36

That’s what I’m talking about, it’s very very low refresh rate compared to your FPS in the sim. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

4 hours ago, whitav8 said:

@silentghostx

On 2) - that is as you want - 7.5

On 1) - how do you enable the -3 degree line

Thanks heaps!

I believe once you are tuned into ILS approach and you have LOC/GS armed/captured the -3 degree line shows up. 

Chen Chen

MSFS: FENIX A320 / PMDG 737 / FBW A32NX / WT 787-10

NZAA 

Sadly this plane is an absolute VRAM killer. Starting up at T2G VHHH, I am already at 8.6GB of VRAM. Simply ridiculous...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

9 hours ago, silentghostx said:

I’m away from my gaming PC (for a week or so unfortunately) could someone confirm 

1) the 3 degree line on HUD on approach is no longer moving with the bank of the plane and stays parallel with the horizon

2) when you have the VSD on the ND, at the lowest range scale - the scale at the bottom should read 0, 2.5, 5, 7.5, 10nm (the 7.5 number used to say 8, and once I saw it I couldn’t un-see it....)

Minor issues I know but it probably 2 things that really bugged me a bit.

Thanks!

I can confirm that the line is moving with the airplane

• Like 1

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU