Sign in to follow this  
ttbq1

QW 787 V1.3 is out!!

20 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Well first of all I was not bashing it.

Secondly, I wish it was better that it is, because it’s so good in some ways.

Thirdly, It has nothing to do with price to me. It does a lot of basic things badly and it’s a shame because it could be so good. 

A could buy a pair of shoes for £xx and a week later thrown them away, but hey for £xx there the best value for money option!!!

But let’s forget the shoes come with holes in them and my feet got wet from day one. But if I had spent double/triple the price they would be close to perfect and never let water in and last me years. That’s value for money.

My totally hours in the QW 15 total hours in a FSL 2300, now do the math for value for money. One will get a lot more one will get none sadly, because if I have 3 hours spare there is one clear winner on what to spend that time in.

So the bottom line is I really wish it was better because there is much I like but it has so much wrong I don’t care about that it might be “value for money”.

I wish It was better. I really do. Because I love the aircraft. 

It's a good job you don't use xplane as the addon aircraft for it are all the same quality as the qw787.  However you say that to a xplane person and boy does it trigger them 

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

Hi guys! Im not sure what version i have installed here in my system to do the update. Can you tell me where i go to see what QW 787 version is installed? Thanks

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Just as a reminder, the 787 Qualitywings is the only one for FSX/P3D so if you want a 787, it’s either that or nothing.

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

5 minutes ago, guibru said:

Just as a reminder, the 787 Qualitywings is the only one for FSX/P3D so if you want a 787, it’s either that or nothing.

For FSX not quite correct: there is Aerosim 787 too.

http://www.aerosim.co.jp/eigo/a-product_e/fsx_e/b7878fsx_e/b7878fsx_e.htm

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Well first of all I was not bashing it.

Secondly, I wish it was better that it is, because it’s so good in some ways.

Thirdly, It has nothing to do with price to me. It does a lot of basic things badly and it’s a shame because it could be so good. 

A could buy a pair of shoes for £xx and a week later thrown them away, but hey for £xx there the best value for money option!!!

But let’s forget the shoes come with holes in them and my feet got wet from day one. But if I had spent double/triple the price they would be close to perfect and never let water in and last me years. That’s value for money.

My totally hours in the QW 15 total hours in a FSL 2300, now do the math for value for money. One will get a lot more one will get none sadly, because if I have 3 hours spare there is one clear winner on what to spend that time in.

So the bottom line is I really wish it was better because there is much I like but it has so much wrong I don’t care about that it might be “value for money”.

I wish It was better. I really do. Because I love the aircraft. 

Maybe they bungled half the code when they ported it from FSX to P3D because in FSX Steam it was one of my favorite aircrafts, and I didn't notice any major shortcomings. So what is this "so much wrong" you are talking about?

Btw, it was surprisingly light on memory in FSX Steam, allowing me to do long haul flights into heavy scenery and still have a couple of hundred megabytes of memory left. 

It comes with a detailed manual, maybe you should study it. You say you have a total of 15 hours. Hardly enough to pass judgment. 

Edited by Ricardo41

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

It's a good job you don't use xplane as the addon aircraft for it are all the same quality as the qw787.  However you say that to a xplane person and boy does it trigger them 

LOL>2 groups easily triggered:  XPlane and Mac users.

spacer.png

This is what happens when you "upgrade" the quality of your software or PC. You end up not being able to go back to how it used to be. Some good examples.....

• Super detailed study level aircraft like the FSL A320. Products like the QW787 will feel like they are missing something, even if they are still very good quality.
  • Super detailed airport with UHD textures, terminal interiors and lots of interesting clutter. Those "other" airports that you used before lose some of their appeal.
  • 4K texture resolution on 50"+ monitors. 1080p on a 24" will seem rubbish in comparison.
  • Dynamic lighting enabled. Who wants to go back to "baked in" lighting and shadows?

In other words, the QW787 may well be a very good quality product (and it certainly is), but if you have a better option, chances are high that you will notice the difference, and miss those "extras" that are now standard in your flight simulation experience.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

34 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

It comes with a detailed manual, maybe you should study it. You say you have a total of 15 hours. Hardly enough to pass judgment. 

Really! but not surprising from you.

I could write all that I found out from one flight today but it would make "Choke" replies look like a one liner. If you cannot see them great enjoy. As they say ignorance is bliss. 

Like I keep saying I wish it was better but hopefully one day it will be and I would happily pay for it with out question.

But then you have not put 1000's of hours flying the FSL and PMDG have you. But as you always push people away from FSL and PMDG every chance you get to fly AS Bus etc So am sure you would find the QW787 wonderfully and in a way that's a good thing. 

When you clock up 1000's of hour in the FSL and PMDG's then you might be in a better place yourself to pass judgement until then....

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

“I have several thousand hours in a simulated plane!!!” never gets old. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, flycln said:

We are not talking about comparing with the real thing are we? We are talking about comparing simulated plane v simulated plane. Like for like. Or not.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

32 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Really! but not surprising from you.

I could write all that I found out from one flight today but it would make "Choke" replies look like a one liner. If you cannot see them great enjoy. As they say ignorance is bliss. 

Like I keep saying I wish it was better but hopefully one day it will be and I would happily pay for it with out question.

But then you have not put 1000's of hours flying the FSL and PMDG have you. But as you always push people away from FSL and PMDG every chance you get to fly AS Bus etc So am sure you would find the QW787 wonderfully and in a way that's a good thing. 

When you clock up 1000's of hour in the FSL and PMDG's then you might be in a better place yourself to pass judgement until then....

Ok - but can you say what things werent working as they should? It might give those who havent bought the plane yet an appraisal....???

The -3 degree line on final approach is still tied to the airplane and not to the horizon??

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

33 minutes ago, flycln said:

Well it's the same banter in the local flying clubs so ofc desktop pilots do that as well 😉

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |