Sign in to follow this  
ttbq1

QW 787 V1.3 is out!!

39 minutes ago, Major_Bloodnok said:

Ok - but can you say what things weren't working as they should? It might give those who haven't bought the plane yet an appraisal....???

Well I don't want to put anyone off from buying it, is the truth. It is stunning looking aircraft and the VC is really nice. If your not coming from the highest level of simulation we can buy with P3D then you might not see what I did. Did I enjoy my flight ? yes, but its like having a scratch on your car once you see it you never not see it. I fly a lot, to much, for someone who just wants to enjoy a 787 then buy it, enjoy it.

I have no wish to put anyone off enjoying it or buying it. As it has been pointed out its the only 787 we can get. So if you want one, get it, if you want something on a much higher level then get PMDG 747, its state of the art and you get different engine types a F version also. If your looking for something big that would be by recommendation, if you want to invest into your hobby. If your never going to get the return on the spend then the QW787 becomes a better buy, but just be aware it a case of you get what you pay for in the terms of depth. Also done read people trying to but you off PMDG or FSL that talk about "its about failers" its not its about the depth what they simulate the aircraft and the immersion you get.

So if the Qw787 fits your needs, go for it. Enjoy and I wish you enjoy it fully.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

So what is this "so much wrong" you are talking about?

The only thing that seems to be wrong with the QW787 is that its not PMDG FsLabs level.

But being their price is only about 60% of what FSL/PMDG's price is it should be a non-issue.

Its interesting that its not.

Some people don't want 60% when they can have 100%......and there is nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

Some people don't want 60% when they can have 100%......and there is nothing wrong with that.

Why does it even matter ?  Those who want 100% shouldn't even be the least interested in that 60% product.

And yet it seems without fail every single time the QW787 has an update, they are ready to heap criticism on it.

Its like if Ferrari owners were spending a bunch of time criticizing Toyotas, there's something very weird about it.

• Upvote 3

I love when people who didn't even try the 787 immediately assume it's bad just because it's not PMDG.

I won't even comment any further, getting enough pleasure from naysayers missing out.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I'm quite content with the latest update. Obviously it's no FSL, but it still good value for sure.

Descending into ORBX ESGG (Landvetter)

LRTYPVe.png

TntllZc.png

Edited by SAS443
  • Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

I think the QW 787 is a great aircraft and is always fun to "fly." I have most of the PMDG offerings as well as the Majestic Q400 and I still find the 787 to be excellent. It does everything I need it to and looks great as well.

Cheers, Pete

Edited by PilotPete99
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

22 hours ago, John_Tavendale said:

VRAM wasn't an issue in v4.. it is in v5

ahhh. OK. 

I will give the 787 v1.3 a try this weekend in P3D v5 HF1 and report back. 

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

13 hours ago, ttbq1 said:

There are two lines:

the horizon line doesn’t move with the ac, it stays flat as the horizon

the other line (dotted line) is moving when the aircraft banks 

I’m no expert on the 787, I know very little about it so far but a change in circumstances means I’m currently wading through the real world manuals. From what I’ve read the 3 degree line is the Glidepath reference line and is used in conjunction with FPV symbol and so it should remain parallel to to the FPV symbol wings , and not the horizon as the pitch lines do.

In short the behaviour you’re seeing there with the minus 3 degree line remaining in parallel to the aircraft and not the horizon is indeed correct. Or at least that’s how I’m reading it in the manuals, like I say i’m not an expert on the 787.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

1 hour ago, SAS443 said:

Obviously it's no FSL

Meaning no stutters, less than a hundred bucks AND available for P3D v5 before Christmas? 😊

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

22 minutes ago, jon b said:

In short the behaviour you’re seeing there with the minus 3 degree line remaining in parallel to the aircraft and not the horizon is indeed correct. 

The 3 degree line should bank as the horizon line does.

Edited by JeffLewis4

Guys, i’ve read through this thread twice and there’s almist nothing here about what the 787 is actually like in p3d v5. Most of what i’ve read in the past 6 pages is about the wonders of a certain airbus.

So...how is this performing in v5? How does it look? Does trueglass/reallight work ok given the caveats?

the question asked earlier about whether vram was causing crashes was not, i think, ever answered.

i’ve seen a lot of words about how its not fsl/pmdg - ok, in what way? All i’ve read here is that theres a line in the hud that may or may not be incorrect.

This is one of the payware airliners i don’t own, so i’d certainly be interested in more opinions from those who are actually flying it in P3D v5.

• Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

8 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Guys, i’ve read through this thread twice and there’s almist nothing here about what the 787 is actually like in p3d v5. Most of what i’ve read in the past 6 pages is about the wonders of a certain airbus.

So...how is this performing in v5? How does it look? Does trueglass/reallight work ok given the caveats?

the question asked earlier about whether vram was causing crashes was not, i think, ever answered.

i’ve seen a lot of words about how its not fsl/pmdg - ok, in what way? All i’ve read here is that theres a line in the hud that may or may not be incorrect.

This is one of the payware airliners i don’t own, so i’d certainly be interested in more opinions from those who are actually flying it in P3D v5.

Honestly so far I’ve had no issues with this plane. I’ve got trusky on and textures set at 1024.

Ive had it loaded at payware airports such as Quito and Sydney with AIG traffic at max. No CTDs yet. VRAM roughly the same as pmdg 747. That’s been my experience so far however I haven’t used it long enough to be certain. 

hope this helps 

rtx2080 super, 2kmonitor, 32gb, i7-9700k

• Upvote 1

Dear peeps,

I am not at home but I got a question regarding the new update of the QW 787 1.3. 

When I resume a saved flight the interieur and exterieur lights are off and on the ND you can not see any traffic (when there is traffic). Is this in the new update (1.3) fixed? 

Dear regards
Red

6 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Well I don't want to put anyone off from buying it, is the truth. It is stunning looking aircraft and the VC is really nice. If your not coming from the highest level of simulation we can buy with P3D then you might not see what I did. Did I enjoy my flight ? yes, but its like having a scratch on your car once you see it you never not see it. I fly a lot, to much, for someone who just wants to enjoy a 787 then buy it, enjoy it.

You can't really say "there so much wrong with it" and then be unable to list things that are wrong "because you don't want to put anyone off"... What do you think the earlier comment of so many things wrong with it will do?

Put your money where your mouth is, right now you just sound spoiled with other addons and taking it out on this one.

• Like 4