Sign in to follow this  
ttbq1

QW 787 V1.3 is out!!

The only issue I've had with the QW 787, is one related to a fault with P3D itself, whereby if you load a flight plan into P3D (or create one using the built in planner), P3D will not show the Nav Log in the sim (it will show it one the flight planning options page). This means the QW 787 option to 'load the current ATC plan' on its FMC will not work, meaning you'd have to manually input the ATC plan's waypoints. If you want to do that, normally this isn't too much of a chore because you can have the FMC 2D panel up, and the Nav Log, and just go through the waypoints manually adding them. But since P3D  will not display a Nav Log, the ability to do this is not available. This is definitely specific to the QW 787, because I've also tried this with, for example, the Captain Sim B757, with the same flight plan, and even in spite of the Nav Log issue, the CS 757 will load a current ATC plan to the FMC.

Apart from this, I've had no issues with the 787, but it does make it a bit of a hindrance if for example, as I do, you use Air Hauler to create a job flight plan, then send that plan through to P3D, because then you would want to manually lay in the route sequence into the FMC. Now you can of course still either print the log off or write it down, or alt-tab back and forth to something which is displaying the waypoint sequence, but all of these options are not quite as convenient as being able to do it right there in the cockpit without faffing about. This is why I wish Lockheed Martin would fix this issue with P3D, and in spite of things working a little better in some other airliners, it clearly is an issue with P3D and not with the QW 787.

It does run well in V5 though and personally I thin it is one of the more fun add-on airliners to play with by virtue of the cockpit having so many gizmos to play with.

1qcIJxi.png

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

4 hours ago, Chock said:

The only issue I've had with the QW 787, is one related to a fault with P3D itself, whereby if you load a flight plan into P3D (or create one using the built in planner), P3D will not show the Nav Log in the sim (it will show it one the flight planning options page). This means the QW 787 option to 'load the current ATC plan' on its FMC will not work, meaning you'd have to manually input the ATC plan's waypoints.

I don't understand what you're saying. Are you saying the 787 FMC won't read a .pln file, either generated insim or with an external flight planner?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, JeffLewis4 said:

The 3 degree line should bank as the horizon line does.

Yes, on further investigation you are quite right it should.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I don't understand what you're saying. Are you saying the 787 FMC won't read a .pln file, either generated insim or with an external flight planner?

Nope, it is a P3D issue. The built in flight planner in P3D is in dire need of fixing, and because that is so, the QW 787 will not import an ATC plan, which is a feature I would like to be able to use. It's not the only add-on airliner which suffers because of this, but since it will do it in FSX, if a 14 year old flight sim will do it, but the latest version of P3D won't, then that is hardly progress on Lockheed Martin's part. So it is a problem I've had with the QW 787 (amongst other add-ons):

Making a flight plan, seems okay at first...

83Ieqsj.png

you can save it...

AU20Exg.png

but here's the first clue that something is amiss...

hzZsQ64.png

and here's a problem in the sim...

PpSTvUQ.png

which means this feature on the 787 and some other add-ons does not work as it should...

ICWH3Xy.png

Alan Bradbury

PFPX exports route's to The Qw787 Flightplans folder as a .RTE , all works fine in V4.5

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

PFPX exports route's to The Qw787 Flightplans folder as a .RTE , all works fine in V4.5

Yup, I'm aware that other flight planners work, but since PFPX costs nearly 50 quid, it's a bit unreasonable to expect people to buy a product just to get a feature of P3D to function, which should be working, but has not for a long time, because Lockheed Martin apparently cannot be @rsed to fix it.

Alan Bradbury

8 hours ago, Chock said:

The only issue I've had with the QW 787, is one related to a fault with P3D itself, whereby if you load a flight plan into P3D

You're doing it wrong 🙂

Use Simbrief instead.
- Create account
- Create a new route (using a variety of options and lots of flexibility)
- Export it to your aircraft's FMS *and* P3D (.rte .pln .flp .mdr .fpr .gfp .kml .txt .pdf .xml and more)
- Go fly.

Ditched PFPX about 9 months ago. Haven't looked back.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

It's not just a route Alan as you know, SID STAR, Fuel, ZFW, winds etc etc. If not PFPX, then the free https://www.simbrief.com/home/ why anyone would use the built in one when you can use simbrief is odd when you talking about airliners.

EDIT: As F737NG said.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

13 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

It's not just a route Alan as you know, SID STAR, Fuel, ZFW, winds etc etc. If not PFPX, then the free https://www.simbrief.com/home/ why anyone would use the built in one when you can use simbrief is odd when you talking about airliners.

EDIT: As F737NG said.

Does SimBrief allow you to import the route into P3D (for use with ATC) and into the 787's FMC?

5 minutes ago, benwbriscoe said:

Does SimBrief allow you to import the route into P3D (for use with ATC) and into the 787's FMC?

Yes 😉

• Upvote 1

There seems to be some confusion here: can you not load an in-sim generated flight plan into the FMC? If the 787 FMC can read a Simbrief generated .pln why can't it read the default one?

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

why anyone would use the built in one when you can use simbrief is odd when you talking about airliners.

because, unless you update P3D's navigational database as well, you're out of sync with the stock database.

In fact, one of the reasons I enjoyed the 787 for FSX Steam was precisely that: it would read an internally generated flight plan without issues. 

I really like the QW787, but it did something the other day that annoyed me. I was departing runway 23L at EGCC Manchester on the SANBA 1Y departure track, and as soon as I engaged the autopilot, the plane banked to the right.....significantly prior to the track on the ND. The result of this is that the autopilot lost track of the magenta line for a few seconds, which resulted in a bank to the left to reconnect with the proper track, then another big bank to the right to try and get back on the correct course. It did this just at the point where the track turns 150 degrees left to head south, so the plane then banked hard over on the left again.

In short, it was a very ugly sequence of trajectory corrections. Up to this point, I had been quite happy with the way the plane followed the magenta line on the ND.

To be fair, it isn't the only plane that does strange things at times when on autopilot. The PMDG 737 NGX has nose dived into the ground during a departure from EGNM Leeds Bradford, and also completed a full 360 degree turn on a STRAIGHT track to an (INTC) waypoint during a northerly departure from EGJJ Jersey!

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, F737NG said:

You're doing it wrong 🙂

Use Simbrief instead.
- Create account
- Create a new route (using a variety of options and lots of flexibility)
- Export it to your aircraft's FMS *and* P3D (.rte .pln .flp .mdr .fpr .gfp .kml .txt .pdf .xml and more)
- Go fly.

Ditched PFPX about 9 months ago. Haven't looked back.

Yep gone that route to, two years ago,,.

Edited by awf

André