Sign in to follow this  
ttbq1

QW 787 V1.3 is out!!

2 hours ago, F737NG said:

You're doing it wrong 🙂

Use Simbrief instead.
- Create account
- Create a new route (using a variety of options and lots of flexibility)
- Export it to your aircraft's FMS *and* P3D (.rte .pln .flp .mdr .fpr .gfp .kml .txt .pdf .xml and more)
- Go fly.

Ditched PFPX about 9 months ago. Haven't looked back.

Oh I'm well aware of all that, but it doesn't alter the fact that a function which is meant to work, does not.  I have very many external flight planners, and I am perfectly au fait with how to use them.

But there are occasions where I do not want to use them (as noted in a prior post). Not using those external planners is not 'wrong', particularly when there is a function built into the sim which does not function as it should. This glitch with P3D is what prevents that, and it limits a capability of the Quality Wings 787 and several other add-on products, so it should be a priority for LM to fix it, particularly since it has been that way for a long time. If you do a search for this issue on the LM forums, you will see several posts specifically about this problem, all of which have been closed down by moderators in what suspiciously appears to be an attempt to brush the issue under the carpet, since none of these threads has a satisfactory concluding post.

I don't want to derail the thread topic here however, I was merely commenting that this is the only issue I've had with the QW 787 in P3D, which is not the fault of its developers. Notwithstanding this issue, in every respect, the QW 787 is an excellent add-on aeroplane well worthy of a place in anyone's virtual hangar.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 hours ago, Chock said:

Nope, it is a P3D issue. The built in flight planner in P3D is in dire need of fixing, and because that is so, the QW 787 will not import an ATC plan, which is a feature I would like to be able to use.

I did pretty much what you did in V5 , It seems to work fine for me.

SLau6R.jpg

Only difference I noticed is it took a really, really long time to generate the route. Much longer than it does to do the same in FSX.   It seems also to have something to do with that particular region, it seems to generate routes much faster when I select airports in the U.S. or in Asia.

The Load Atc Rte feature in the QW787 worked as well.

Edited by JeffLewis4

4 minutes ago, JeffLewis4 said:

I did pretty much what you did in V5 , It seems to work fine for me.

Yup, seems it's not an issue for everyone, although it appears to common enough that I was able to find quite a few posts about it with a quick Google search.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

SIDS/STARs do seem to confuse the FMC.

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Chock said:

Yup, seems it's not an issue for everyone, although it appears to common enough that I was able to find quite a few posts about it with a quick Google search.

Seems to be more an issue on your end. 

The problem with the QW787 and the FMC seems to be that it connects waypoints with straight lines. For example, if the first waypoint is 90 degrees from the initial heading, it is shown as a straight line extending sideways from the middle of the runway, rather than a short line on the runway heading and then a curve towards the waypoint. The end result is that there are times when the plane is trying to get back to the track on the ND, rather than smoothly following it at each stage.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

The problem with the QW787 and the FMC seems to be that it connects waypoints with straight lines. For example, if the first waypoint is 90 degrees from the initial heading, it is shown as a straight line extending sideways from the middle of the runway, rather than a short line on the runway heading and then a curve towards the waypoint. The end result is that there are times when the plane is trying to get back to the track on the ND, rather than smoothly following it at each stage.

You are 100% correct Christopher, The flight I did and have been asked a few times to point out its faults, some asking as they should, one I would not give the time of day to. Moving on..

The flight I did was from LSGG to LEPA, Route BALS9N BALSI UN852 VERSO UL129 LUNIK LUNI2P, Runway 04 straight out then a 300'ish degree turn to the right. With a PMDG/FSL it draws the turn in on the speed it works out. What it did do (AP ON)  was start a sharp turn just how you describe then because of the sharpness lost speed, over reacted, dropped its nose, lost 1000ft and did S turns to sort itself out. it was a mess.

Here you can see it.

flight.jpg

It also, as I am at it now, did a really bad job of VNAV decent I took over a few time. PRO ATC cleared me down to a level and after levelling off before being cleared lower it did not like that at all.Even though it should not have any problems it just when......no!!! and showed me I was -4000 of glide path! really!, you can also see all this on the graph above. I had to manually take over the speed in cruise also as it was to low not badly but it needed another MACH 0,1.again you can see it in the graph above. The HUD also has problems. 

I did the same flight today In the FSL and it was silky smooth and just how it should be.

flight-2.jpg

But this is all pointless as, wait for it.......it does not cost the same so its a pointless comparison^^  and its true, it would be better to compare with the AS330, don't ask I will never buy there products ever again.

So like I've said its a great aircraft and if the faults don't matter then great, enjoy it, there is a lot to really like. This I really liked.

On LOC coming to GS the HUD was wrong no am not writing a long page about it, so I took it out of AP about 15 miles out and lined the aircraft up manually still using the HUD and this way it worked great, its so easy to make perfect landing with a HUD (DCS F-18 etc), so down to 30ft cut the throttles smoothly, 20ft again using the HUD to point perfectly down to the end of the runway, touched down bang on the perfect markers to do so and a -46FPM landing, butter smooth. A fantastic aircraft to land, 10 out of 10. Was it skill? no, the aircraft was that easy to manage.

Unlike the FSL were am happy with anything from 100-200. That baby is alive and does take skill. The A321 is the one to land its lovely over the A320

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

The end result is that there are times when the plane is trying to get back to the track on the ND, rather than smoothly following it at each stage.

I just tried both your's and Nyxx's scenarios, I didn't get the behavior described.

For yours:

Yes it did draw a 90 degree line to the left (EGLL rwy 26R EPH MAY) . It however did not try to fly that track, it just turned left directly to the first waypoint when I engaged LNAV.  When it reached the first waypoint it then continued on the route. There was no trying to get back on the track. It went directly to the first waypoint then flew the rest of the route from there.

I also noticed when I selected a SID in the FMS to the same first waypoint, it then displayed a curved line from the runway to the first waypoint.

For NYxx's:

I tried this too, I didn't see anything close to what was described.

I did notice 2 items. I did not depict a curve to the right on the ND for the BALS9N SID off rwy 4. Instead it just showed a sharp V shape for the right turn. Was a bit un-usual as normally it does depict a curve for a turn like that in my previous flights. Then when it got to the turn, initially it started to make a left turn for about 2 or 3 degrees, then it kinda caught itself and made a right turn to the next waypoint. 

However after it corrected itself it seemed to make a pretty normal turn to the right and went to the next waypoint,it kept climbing pretty normally. The target speed was 280, it went up to about 287 at one point during that right turn then settled back down to about 280 for the rest of the climb.

Not perfect for sure, but definitely not any sort of a mess.

Edited by JeffLewis4

6 hours ago, Nyxx said:

The flight I did and have been asked a few times to point out its faults, some asking as they should, one I would not give the time of day to. Moving on..

I have never encountered the behavior you describe, and you are still not "pointing out its faults!-

Yes it did draw a 90 degree line to the left (EGLL rwy 26R EPH MAY) . It however did not try to fly that track, it just turned left directly to the first waypoint when I engaged LNAV.  When it reached the first waypoint it then continued on the route. There was no trying to get back on the track. It went directly to the first waypoint then flew the rest of the route from there.

The plane turns directly to the first waypoint when the autopilot is engaged, but by then it is already "off the track". In my case, it heads back towards the track, and then turns onto it when the track is "rediscovered". No great problem, but I have pointed out elsewhere that it made a rather big deal of the initial "right-left" track during the SANBA 1Y departure from runway 23L at EGCC Manchester, and I prefer my airliners to fly these tracks smoothly. Thankfully, passengers are banned on my flights, so at least nobody is getting thrown around in the cabin!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

8 hours ago, JeffLewis4 said:

Not perfect for sure, but definitely not any sort of a mess.

Thank you for your time and seeing the route as I did, lucky project fly recorded the mess it made of that turn for me and also it’s VNAV problems.

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I have never encountered the behavior you describe, and you are still not "pointing out its faults!-

Well from the quote you made, I was not referring to you.

Am not pointing out it’s faults? OK sorry You must of stopped reading the post you quoted from after the bit you quoted. Or your idea of faults are not the same as mine. Or we can agree to disagree what faults are.

Am happy to give Qw my money as we need them. GL to them.

Am out of this topic now. Have a good Day.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have just tried the LISTO 2Y departure from runway 23L at EGCC Manchester, and (surprisingly) the QW787 also had problems with this one. For the record, LISTO 2Y is a straight out departure, turning left @ MCT 3.2 on a heading of 155 degrees. What actually happened when I engaged the autopilot is that the plane decided to turn RIGHT around 60 degrees, and then turned left to try and get back on the correct track.

I am going to make a point of using this LISTO 2Y departure from Manchester in my PMDG planes to see how they handle it.

I have stated before that autopilot issues are not a problem exclusive to the QW787 (I have seen one or two with the PMDG 737 NGX over an extended period of time). However, I have experienced several in quick succession with the QW787, and the total number of flights that I have performed in this plane is a tiny fraction of those that I have completed in the 737....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Bought, I will test))

Edited by BMW969

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider