Sign in to follow this  
ttbq1

QW 787 V1.3 is out!!

7 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

The plane turns directly to the first waypoint when the autopilot is engaged, but by then it is already "off the track"...

Actually no. 

In an IFR environment if that first waypoint is not on a SID you don't have a route/track clearance to that first waypoint. You are not required fly on a specific track to get there. Most likely you'll get radar vectors, or cleared direct turn when able, join airway, resume own nav etc etc. It doesn't matter what route line your FMS plots to that waypoint, your going to fly the route ATC clears or instructs you fly to get to that first waypoint. 

All that being said, that doesn't mean that 90 degree straight line we see in the QW787 is realistic to what the real 787 would depict on the ND in that scenario, I'm assuming its not.

In my case, it heads back towards the track, and then turns onto it when the track is "rediscovered". 

Yes, so you have said....,  I've been using this product for about 6 months now ,have done many flights and have yet to experience this particular behavior you are describing at all.

Edited by JeffLewis4

Yes, so you have said....,  I've been using this product for about 6 months now ,have done many flights and have yet to experience this particular behavior you are describing at all.

I may not have described this accurately. All I am saying is that the aircraft is not on the track displayed on the ND after it has made its turn, but it is probably still aiming for the first waypoint (as opposed to searching for the magenta line).

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

7 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Thank you for your time and seeing the route as I did, lucky project fly recorded the mess it made of that turn for me and also it’s VNAV problems.

Really all I see is a chart that says 'Flight Data' . You could have been flying a default plane and I wouldn't know the difference from that chart.

I was greeted by a black and red cabin. I suspect that something is not like

1uyjv9.jpg

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

Leaving aside whatever bugs the simulated version has, the real thing is a real winner. Looks sleek and elegant, beautiful uncluttered cockpit. Beautiful cabin lighting. Composite materials. In contrast, the 737, 747, 757, 767 and 777 are, to be sure, reliable work horses but are old jalopies and beater planes. The 787 is the future. 

Watch this great video of a Saudia flight from Paris to Jeddah. 

Is this even legal what these guys are doing in the cockpit?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BMW969 said:

1uyjv9.jpg

Nope, this is the Formula 1 Ferrari edition, developed in collaboration with Ferrari.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

Its an issue with RealLight in P3Dv5, not specifically a QW787 issue.

Pressing the Dome light switch seems to work around it for now.

Edited by JeffLewis4
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, JeffLewis4 said:

Its an issue with RealLight in P3Dv5, not specifically a QW787 issue.

Pressing the Dome light switch seems to work around it for now.

Why is the cabin black at noon?

1 hour ago, JeffLewis4 said:

Really all I see is a chart that says 'Flight Data' . You could have been flying a default plane and I wouldn't know the difference from that chart.

https://app.projectfly.co.uk/app/#/logbook/3231822

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

On 5/22/2020 at 12:35 PM, Ricardo Andrada said:

I like the plane but the LNAV autopilot is not very faithful to RNP/RNAV navigation during SID/STAR curves.

example of what happens to me.
When activating the autopilot the aircraft leaves the course and goes to the next waypoint (KP024).
This type of deviation occurs a lot in other approaches.

49927497387_4fae81da03_h.jpg

• Upvote 1

How to increase exposure without HDR?

As the cockpit 787 becomes lighter and the overall background darker. It looks like twilight at noon.

Can Envshade help without HDR?

8 hours ago, JeffLewis4 said:

Sigh.... still nothing in there indicating its the QW787.

Sigh,???????

So you with your 15 post count are now trying to say am making it up and lie'ing, well two last things before i add you to my ignore list.

Its project fly you cannot make it up and you need a eye test. Could you not see this.

Your now making a fool of yourself. I am done with reading your BS your a .....

ignore list you go, its a small list just and one other.

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

30 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

So you with your 15 post count are now trying to say am making it up and lie'ing...

I'm stating a fact, and you just proved it by posting the image yourself.

There's nothing in that image/report that indicates this data is for the QW787.

Edited by JeffLewis4

Wow, another thread heading south fast. Who could possibly have imagined it? 🙄

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png