Sign in to follow this  
ttbq1

QW 787 V1.3 is out!!

Gentlemen, time to step back and have a breather. Consider not just what you post but the way you say it. You wouldn't speak to one another like this is face-to-face.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hello! Is it possible to turn off the display of the co-pilot for performance ??

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

Don't know what all the hub bub is about. Did PHNL-KORD-KSFO yesterday in the B789 and only issue was the checklist (still) does not reset for leg 2. Doing KSFO-KIAD in the B78X right now and no issues. Heck, at least I can keep my Terrain Mesh at 1m with this plane and not get slammed into the runway on short final unlike the PMDG 747 which, if not set to 5m, will slam you into the ground at 700 or 800fpm at many airports (DD KJFK and FSDT KORD to name a couple). 

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

On 5/21/2020 at 2:19 PM, TurboKen said:

ahhh. OK. 

I will give the 787 v1.3 a try this weekend in P3D v5 HF1 and report back. 

OK so I gave it a shot and loaded up KMIA and finally CTD. I guess I get to join the club.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

One of the great things about the QW 787 is that it has surprisingly modest system requirements. 

I rarely bumped up against the memory limitations of FSX-Steam and was able to complete long flights into highly detailed scenery (Heahtrow, Frankfurt, etc.) without OOMS. I also liked the way the QW 787 "returned" memory once you left the addon area. 

Now, granted, the 787 doesn't have every valve and screw modeled to a t, but it always gives me a chuckle when I see addon developers claim that there super duper study level whatever needs a NASA class pc to run. I suspect it's more an issue of good coding than of the addon being "highly demanding" on your system. 

• Like 1

P3Dv5 WX radar doesn't work in combination of ASP3D despite the SP3 log in which it should be compatible with....

No replies on questions asked on there support forum too...

Edited by awf

André

I've asked about the weather radar, missing airport taxi maps when the ND is zoomed in. The only reply I've received is "I don't believe we updated the airports for default P3D v5.". I'm not sure if that means they're looking into it or just ignoring it...?

After commenting on the rather "ugly" attempt of the QW787 to negotiate the SANBA 1Y departure from runway 23L at EGCC Manchester, I think it is worth providing an update after my experience of this departure in the PMDG 747-400 BCF.

In short, the QW787 had trouble with this departure, starting the turn to the right as soon as the autopilot was engaged. It then turned to the left to try and re-connect with the correct departure track, turned right again when it found it, and then had to make a big left turn to follow it around the 180 degree turn to the south. Like I said.....not exactly pretty. However, I have just attempted this departure in the PMDG 747-400 BCF, and to be perfectly blunt......it made a right royal mess of it. The aircraft proceeded in a straight line to the first waypoint. So far, so good. It then proceeded to turn to the right. Unfortunately, it kept on turning to the right. Like......forever. It made three full 360 degree turns to the right without giving the slightest indication that it could be bothered to correct the issue, and actually follow the proper departure track. Spotters on the ground at Manchester must have been wondering what that nutcase in the 747 was trying to prove!! I gave up at this point, and started the flight again.....using the LISTO 2Y SID instead (which it managed to execute without problems).

In short, the PMDG 747 made a worse mess of the SANBA 1Y SID than the QW787, so I thought it only right that I report this here.....in the name of honesty and integrity 😉

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 5/27/2020 at 3:45 PM, awf said:

P3Dv5 WX radar doesn't work in combination of ASP3D despite the SP3 log in which it should be compatible with....

No replies on questions asked on there support forum too...

Not true.....It does.....

Alex 

And to be fair Christopher the real 747 doesn’t do a great job on those SANBA departures either. There’s some gaps in the pink string as the FMC will only display what I thinks the plane is capable on the ND so the turn into TABLY overshoots the waypoint and doesn’t match up.

When the real aircraft departs the pink string there’s some clever programming which keeps the plane behaving and heading in roughly the required direction, I guess this is what’s lacking in the simulation.

It’s a bit of a daft SID for a heavy to follow really , they’re not agile enough to be making S turns like that, it’s better suited to 737s and the like. The turns are just in there for noise abatement.

We used to use them when we were empty doing a ferry down to London and we still had problems, in reality you’d start the turn get handed over to Scottish and they’d just give you direct HON which made life easier.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

1 hour ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Not true.....It does.....

Yep you are partially correct, it only works  when ASP3D uses the default install location 😉

André

2 hours ago, awf said:

Yep you are partially correct, it only works  when ASP3D uses the default install location 😉

I have no clue about that I have to admit...I installed new VS over old one and when is rain or storms ahead I got them.....never thought install location that has to do with anything honestly....

Alex 

55 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

I have no clue about that I have to admit...I installed new VS over old one and when is rain or storms ahead I got them.....never thought install location that has to do with anything honestly....

It does also confirmed by QW 😉

André

10 hours ago, jon b said:

And to be fair Christopher the real 747 doesn’t do a great job on those SANBA departures either. There’s some gaps in the pink string as the FMC will only display what I thinks the plane is capable on the ND so the turn into TABLY overshoots the waypoint and doesn’t match up.

When the real aircraft departs the pink string there’s some clever programming which keeps the plane behaving and heading in roughly the required direction, I guess this is what’s lacking in the simulation.

It’s a bit of a daft SID for a heavy to follow really , they’re not agile enough to be making S turns like that, it’s better suited to 737s and the like. The turns are just in there for noise abatement.

We used to use them when we were empty doing a ferry down to London and we still had problems, in reality you’d start the turn get handed over to Scottish and they’d just give you direct HON which made life easier.

Thanks, Jon. I did wonder after these episodes if departures like SANBA 1Y were designed to be used by smaller airliners. The PMDG 737NGX executes this departure perfectly, although I have mentioned elsewhere that it struggles now and again in other locations.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png