Sign in to follow this  
ttbq1

QW 787 V1.3 is out!!

55 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Sadly this plane is an absolute VRAM killer. Starting up at T2G VHHH, I am already at 8.6GB of VRAM. Simply ridiculous...

Has it ever caused a crash? just curious.

I have flown this plane all over the world, hundreds of hours and never once had a CTD. And I only have 8gigs of Vram.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

1 hour ago, TurboKen said:

Has it ever caused a crash? just curious.

I have flown this plane all over the world, hundreds of hours and never once had a CTD. And I only have 8gigs of Vram.

VRAM wasn't an issue in v4.. it is in v5

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Is the VRAM issue related to reallight and Trueglass?

Could somebody please confirm if this is the case?

• Upvote 1

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

Excellent update!

spacer.png

I'm happy with the update.  But the smooth scrolling altitude and speed ticker isn't constant.  At takeoff it felt much better.  But in other aspects of flight it still bounces around.  It's a small thing, but an annoying thing   I really don't know why they can't just recode it completely.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

This is what Lars has to say concerning the DU refresh rate.

“ Mroberts95 wrote:

Sorry to ask so soon. Are refresh rates of screens locked to 18FPS still or have they been increased to something like 30FPS?

Thanks,

We have spent quite some time looking into this issue.

The refresh rates have never been locked at 18 FPS.

In fact we have seen refresh rates of up to 36 FPS during our testing. Nevertheless some of the movements appeared somewhat stuttery.

We have made improvements to this and rolling digits on the altitude and speedtapes now move more fluently.

The same applies to the FPV and FD on the HUD.

However, we also noticed that sometimes during our testing the refresh rates dropped for no obvious reason.

One factor which contributes to this are the high resolution gauges.

So if you experience very bad refresh rates on the gauges while using the high resolution gauges, please try to use the standard ones and see if that makes a difference.

At any rate we're looking into this but please understand that it's not a simple increase of a limit we hardcoded.

If it was that easy we would have fixed it a year ago already.

Thanks,

Lars “

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, AnkH said:

Sadly this plane is an absolute VRAM killer. Starting up at T2G VHHH, I am already at 8.6GB of VRAM. Simply ridiculous...

I'm seeing so many reports of VRAM  and Device_hung issues in P3Dv5, I can't see how this can be pinned on any single addon product. 

Myself I get a fairly consistent 6.7 with my GTX 1080 with the QW787.

• Upvote 1

is all liveries up to v5 standards in download section?

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

10 hours ago, ttbq1 said:

I can confirm that the line is moving with the airplane

Bugger - was hoping they would fix that. Ah well... maybe something for the next one.

Chen Chen

MSFS: FENIX A320 / PMDG 737 / FBW A32NX / WT 787-10

NZAA 

12 minutes ago, silentghostx said:

Bugger - was hoping they would fix that. Ah well... maybe something for the next one.

There are two lines:

the horizon line doesn’t move with the ac, it stays flat as the horizon

the other line (dotted line) is moving when the aircraft banks 

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

VRAM issue with an update to Windows 10 2004 resolved. Happy camper now.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Well, its a great looking aircraft inside and out but sadly it has lots of faults. As much as I like it its just not up there, no even close sadly. Back in the hanger it goes 😞 I find it funny that these type of aircraft do things wrong, imo I want to know if somethings wrong its me not how these things are programmed or show there short coming. Does look great even so.

787.jpg

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

54 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

As much as I like it its just not up there, no even close sadly

It depends what you are comparing it against.

At its price point, it wins hands-down against all the other twin-engine longhaulers, IMO.

Without turning this into a bashfest, you can go more expensive and get more detailed flight systems modelling or you can pay a similar price and end-up with either just one model or even just one engine variant.
The amount of features and models it is packaged with, combined with continual improvements, makes it the best value-for-money option.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Well first of all I was not bashing it.

Secondly, I wish it was better that it is, because it’s so good in some ways.

Thirdly, It has nothing to do with price to me. It does a lot of basic things badly and it’s a shame because it could be so good. 

A could buy a pair of shoes for £xx and a week later thrown them away, but hey for £xx there the best value for money option!!!

But let’s forget the shoes come with holes in them and my feet got wet from day one. But if I had spent double/triple the price they would be close to perfect and never let water in and last me years. That’s value for money.

My totally hours in the QW 15 total hours in a FSL 2300, now do the math for value for money. One will get a lot more one will get none sadly, because if I have 3 hours spare there is one clear winner on what to spend that time in.

So the bottom line is I really wish it was better because there is much I like but it has so much wrong I don’t care about that it might be “value for money”.

I wish It was better. I really do. Because I love the aircraft. 

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I really like QW787, I am not a real pilot so I really don´t have to much to compare if the aircraft is accurately simulated or not. But I find it really fun and enjoyable, for example landing in FSDT KJFK 13L via COVIR after crossing DDNY City Manhattan using only the HUD and not having a performance impact is really great nowadays. I know it has some flaws with the VNAV behavior, but nothing really major, actually I spend some time checking that it will cross the waypoint at the defined altitude.

But, I besides that I would really like to know which are those things badly done?

Also, for the price you are getting 3 models with 2 engine variants each, and the modeling is really good to be honest.

Edited by ttbq1
  • Upvote 1

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU